Actually playing Starcraft 2

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
As of right now it is the only real measuring stick when you're going from noob->lessnoob. I don't take it to heart and I don't obsess over it. At the end when I read the score screen I always check it out to see if I was sleeping or actually doing stuff. The fact that it is consistently higher shows I am getting better. I think I went from like 60->250
Rest easy, I defeat people going at 250+ with 120. To quote Goody: "Lower APM equals more skill per action." If you want people to tell you where to improve, post a replay here.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I'll post a few later.. even though I stomped these guys it took too long and if they were better I would've had my poop pushed in

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
You can ask for help and we'll give it but we won't give advise on things that you shouldn't be concerned about such as APM. If anything that is the most worthless metric at the end of the match that the performance displays.

Tenks

The the ladders lust for all-in every single game and my lust to get a reaper opener every single game things have been going pretty well for me lately ^^

The new scouting options in HOTS may be my favorite change

@Zap do you know a good time where I should suicide in my reaper for scouting info? I think it is around like 4:30'ish. I'm not sure at what time generally more gates, robo, stargate or nexus goes down exactly. Should probably review my reps to know that timing.

From watching Grubby's stream 4:30 is probably early. 1gate Nexus hits at around 4:40. So maybe like 5:30.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Why suicide ? poke at expo first and you shouldn't lose it, if you see nexus coming up go into main at 5-6 minutes, possibly even later. Honestly I never timed that
biggrin.png

Tummysticks

Lord Nagafen Raider
So I just got promoted to Gold league with this travesty of a match. I tried a half assed 888, then tried to transition to raven/BC, then ended up wearing him down and winning the war of attrition by denying his expansions and spamming marines. He ended up leaving the match but I think he'd have won if he'd stayed. This game is broken as hell, I don't belong in Gold.

Laura

Lord Nagafen Raider
I just got into Platinum League for 3v3 after my placement matches... I SUCK... what the fuck is going on?
tongue.png

I'm worried about 1v1 I won all 3 matches of my placement matches and two to go, but I know I'm not good.... what's going on here?! People Smurfing?
tongue.png

I don't want to be placed in a high league and get massacred
frown.png

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
3vs3 and 4vs4 really are the noob ladders. especially in 4vs4 you'll find diamond players doing 1-base tempest "fast" techs and pretty much everyone who can execute a 6:30 timing push will eventually make it into master.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
I just got into Platinum League for 3v3 after my placement matches... I SUCK... what the fuck is going on?
tongue.png

I'm worried about 1v1 I won all 3 matches of my placement matches and two to go, but I know I'm not good.... what's going on here?! People Smurfing?
tongue.png

I don't want to be placed in a high league and get massacred
frown.png
You will lose about 50% of your matches eventually, don't worry about that. Your matchmaking rating at the start will be quite volatile, but it settles over 10-20 games. You will run into people who will completely demolish you, either due to luck or being that much better, just play.

Tenks

I'm not a huge fan of having to manually a-click on destructible rocks. I like it for that plate at the bottom of ramps but I queued up my marines to kill the two sets of rocks on Akilon and checked up on them minutes later to see no damage done and just chilling ><

I'm actually not sure if I love the a-click on the little plates. 9/10 when you accidentally click it the action occurs doing an attempted a-move.

Tenks

Also for my Terran bros if you're opening reaper it is better to just go 12/12 instead of 12/13. Everything works out the same but your Reaper comes out faster. Only difference is your 13 SCV is delayed by a few seconds but it speeds up your first reaper significantly.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm not a huge fan of having to manually a-click on destructible rocks. I like it for that plate at the bottom of ramps but I queued up my marines to kill the two sets of rocks on Akilon and checked up on them minutes later to see no damage done and just chilling ><

I'm actually not sure if I love the a-click on the little plates. 9/10 when you accidentally click it the action occurs doing an attempted a-move.
Has Blizzard actually labeled that as "not a bug, feature" yet?

Tenks

They intentionally changed it Tuesday so you have to attack command rocks. By default now right click on them means move to them.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Pretty sure lucifron lost a match by accidently right clicking rocks. I've also heard ppl complain about them with their muta control.

I've always a-clicked rocks so I didn't know they changed it.

Tenks

I decided to actually play ranked. Went 3-2. Got put in Platinum. Fear gripping me. Sadness overwhelming. Four games later at least I'm Diamond. Would really like to push into Masters this season but I think my TvT and TvP is too bad at the moment.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Finally got someone to practice PvT, so far the proper answer to terran harassing seems to be returning the favor instead of taking it without lube. Order of games is Belshir - Akilon - Newkirk if you want to see some progression.

edit: added 2 more games from ranked