Addicted Dads (EQ Emu 2 Box)

your_mum

Trakanon Raider
Any frequent users of MQ2 have any hits and tips? One question i have. how the fuck do you stop it targeting a players pet/warder? I want to do a macro that buffs predator of the jaguar on player then on players pet but it just targets whatevers closest that kind of matches the name.

/target pc Janx

Brikker

Trump's Staff
I hit it hard over the weekend and got VP + Velious unlocked with Janx. Anyone who needs help flagging just hit up one of my characters (Monday , Saturday).

Only a few levels away from being able to group my shaman with my 51 monk. Will get SHM caught up and kunark flagged then will be progression minded again.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Hi guys. Late to the thread, as I have been on vacation the last 10 days.

Been playing here for the previous 3 or 4 weeks. I have a 65 Necro / Shaman that has just finished Velious. Gearing a War alt for the inevitable stuff my Nec pet can't tank.

Charm lasts full duration and lands on fairly high level mobs. Some mobs were added in zones specifically to accommodate charm.
Pets are buffed fairly well and can tank just as good as a real tank until Luclin+PoP. (Nec pet failed in Velious only on Tormax and AoW)
Slow is pretty powerful here. Shouldn't overlook it and if playing Tank / Clr combo, should seek a slow proc weapon and use bandolier function.

Do the Charm quest update for each xpac unlock. It's pretty powerful and has pet focus.

Hit me up if you need any assistance.

Drezjn - Nec
Jyson - Shm
Thanos - War

Last edited:

Control

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Any frequent users of MQ2 have any hits and tips? One question i have. how the fuck do you stop it targeting a players pet/warder? I want to do a macro that buffs predator of the jaguar on player then on players pet but it just targets whatevers closest that kind of matches the name.

a bit sloppy, but if your group order is constant you can "/keypress f2" for 2nd group member and do it again to target the 2nd group member's pet

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Had no idea how tanky the 61 shm pet was. FIgure'd I'd try and down cazic/inno etc.. to get my BST into Kunark. Ended up just plowing through fear xping then went and downed the gods with zero healing needed for Inno (didnt even look like pet took dmg) and maybe 3-4 heals total for Cazic.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yea, Inny is a pushover but CT was definitely harder.

The first wtf difficulty you will hit in Kunark is Venril. He is certainly a lot harder than any Kunark bosses except maybe PD due to adds in the script. My Nec / Shm combo got through VS by keeping Calliav (sp?) (block spell) chained on the pet and healing heavily. This is really for the first run through though... Once you start farming gear and AA it becomes trivial.

Alexzander

Golden Knight of the Realm
I got busy with moving last weekend. When I've been logging, I've just wanted to derp around on alts. I'll get going on my VP key this weekend.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Does anyone know how I can do this with MQ2:

From my monk main box, have my shaman target what I'm fighting, cast slow (slot 7), then go back to targeting monk?

• 1Dislike

Janx

<Silver Donator>
/bca //assist brikker
/bca //pet attack (because why not)
/bca //keypress 7
/bca //tar brikker

update: might want a /pause 10 after the assist just to make sure it has time to target the mob prior to casting/executing the rest of the macro.

also loading autogroup isnice /plugin mq2autogroup
then on bot do /autogroup Brikker

Will group as soon as you send the box an invite.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I would use //casting 7

This uses the MQ2Cast plugin and accounts for fizzles, pausing movement, and whatnot.

I use a /pause 3 after the assist. Seems to be plenty of time.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Yeah I use the cast command.

Does that AA that Increases weapon procs (weapon affinity?) Work on the slotted proc augs? If so that seems a solid first thing to spend AA on at 55

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
You guys know there are whole scripts available that fully automates your boxes? You don't just have to dabble in these tiny little macros!

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So for solo play it seems pets are pretty awesome. Is BST slows enough or should I be looking at Shaman? Shaman + SK is classic great combo, but maybe Shaman + Necro? Hmm. Double tanks!

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
SK / Shm is easymode here. Necro has baller DPS, but its high maintenance constantly rotating quick dots. Kind of a pain for a box char.

Cupcaek

Molten Core Raider
Does anyone know how I can do this with MQ2:

From my monk main box, have my shaman target what I'm fighting, cast slow (slot 7), then go back to targeting monk?
Check out kissassist. It does it all for you.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users