Addicted Dads (EQ Emu 2 Box)

Janx

<Silver Donator>
There any custom UI's worth using on EMU's? Default one is such a fucking mess.

Friday

Lord Nagafen Raider
I've never used MQ2 beyond just opening a map and looking for monsters and the /stick command.

I'd love to get all that bullshit working but I will probably never care enough to actually do it.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Alexzander

Golden Knight of the Realm
Me too.

I'm taking a couple CS classes this summer. I feel like I have plenty of coding to do already. :p

• 1Solidarity

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Here is a Target window that adds some additional features in you MQ2. Shows mob class and lvl etc.

View attachment 166894

That's cool. What do you do with that wall of code? :p

There any custom UI's worth using on EMU's? Default one is such a fucking mess.

Every custom one I found didn't work :*( Think you would have to find ROF2 specific one, where EQ Interface etc have stuff for Live.

Last edited:

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Anyone happen to know what chat filter would cover an AA text? My Technique of Master Wu is spamming the shit out of me with "The spirit of Master Wu fills you! You gain 1 additional attack(s)." every 1second.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
I've never used MQ2 beyond just opening a map and looking for monsters and the /stick command.

I'd love to get all that bullshit working but I will probably never care enough to actually do it.
make a macro
/maphide npc
/mapshow named

filter out the trash when needing to hunt named.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
Anyone happen to know what chat filter would cover an AA text? My Technique of Master Wu is spamming the shit out of me with "The spirit of Master Wu fills you! You gain 1 additional attack(s)." every 1second.

I can double check in like an hour but it's like "other messages" and i think the bard songs are in the same group.

• 1Like

Brikker

Trump's Staff
I'm in need of all Velious raid targets, plus the only weap upgrades will be off Velious raid mobs for me. Need some Vulak and Tunare fists!!

Unless SoD drops???

• 1Like

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Re: Tunare earlier.. you can literally just spawn her by killing fake Tunare in tree. Easy with a pet class. Just use MQ to target her in tree and send a pet. Fake one poofs, real one spawns in field.

Brikker Brikker ST is 2.0, which I think is a mistake. No one gives a shit about 2.0 version and there's not a single item in 1.0 that is game breaking. Hell, Droga weapons are more powerful than a SoD. Vulak has the real Velious toys though. It's just a bit of luck and persistence to get what you want when he's got a monster pool of ~25 loot items. Last kill had both Brother Xave Headband and Gharn Rock rot away. Should have banked it, but you FoH bros hadn't started playing yet.

My first Vulak kill scored my Necro an Abashi Rod! Hands down the best item in game. 250 Range dispell that only removes beneficial spells and does not aggro. So, I can pre-strip anything from seemingly unlimited range without aggro.. or if I loaded mob with debuffs / dots, I can strip new buffs off without worrying about taking my detrimentals off. Such a cool item!

Managed to score my War a Jaelan's Katana too. I keep farming him because supposedly he spawns as Fabled too and the Fabled Robe is ridic OP.

• 1Like

Rabkorik

Silver Knight of the Realm
Do pet classes on this server get monster pets at ~62/63 like they did on NL?

• 1Like

Deruvian

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'll have my bst into velious tomorrow so I'll try to confirm, but talking to a guy on the server, it sounded like the 65 pet only hits for 120 or so(about 1/3 the power of NL).

Jox

Molten Core Raider
Tried Archlich in Ssra, made AoW look like a little bitch. Dude was rampaging every round.

• 1Like

Deruvian

Lord Nagafen Raider
Some of the proc stuff on here seems pretty off. PC weapon procs, stuff like sathir's leech, flurry, puma, cleric ward spells, etc.

Alexzander

Golden Knight of the Realm
What up with PC flurry? I'm going to hit 65 soon and thinking about dps AA to farm AA faster.

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
That's cool. What do you do with that wall of code? :p

Every custom one I found didn't work :*( Think you would have to find ROF2 specific one, where EQ Interface etc have stuff for Live.

Download the file EQUI_TargetWindow.xml from the google drive link, or copy and past into Notepad and save it yourself as a .xml

Folder is EQFOLDER/uifiles

I would copy default and make default2 folder, save and overwrite the EQUI_TargetWindow.xml into that, then load it ingame in the options window.

I used to use a great ui called Freq that this window is based off, I think the RoF2 that we are all using has another in it's uifiles you can try. A lotof other custom uis are not updated to stay at RoF2 style

If you guys like this target window, you can find a few other elements you may like at this link: H.U.D. - Frequency MQ2 UI

• 1Like

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Friday Friday & Alexzander Alexzander I know a bit of the simpler MQ2 commands that you can make ingame hotkeys to simplify broadcasting a command to your box, not so much the in depth /mac macros where you write a whole script in an ini.

I've figured out a lot myself or had the help of people like Jysin on previous servers to get where i'm at. Hit me up on Flatline or Hologram if you have any questions.

I use things like this ingame:

Hotkey to have Cleric/Druid box heal my main
Code:
/bca //target id ${Me.ID}                        **boxes target the PC sending the command regardless of char names, I use /bca because we only box 1 char on this server**
/bca //casting "Greater Healing"                 **you can use /cast, but /casting is better as Jysin pointed out earlier in this thread**

Hotkey to have Cleric/Druid cast 2 DoTs - here i'm using /bct with a character name as another example method. /bct will send the command to that box specifically*

Code:
/bct Leafblower //target id ${Target.ID}                        **${Target.ID} will select your main chars current target**
/bct Leafblower //cast 3
/pause 35                                                       **telling the main char to pause for 3.5sec before asking box to cast 2nd DoT**
/bct Leafblower //cast 4                                        **/cast uses spell gem # instead of spell name, but it's not as reliable as /casting**

Hotkey to have all boxes sit / stand
Code:
/bcaa //sit                        **/bca is broadcast to all but main toon, /bcaa is broadcast to all toons, /bct CHARNAME is broadcast to specific toon**

To use MQ2Cast which is the /casting operator, you need to 1 time only type /plugin MQ2Cast
This will load that plugin for future use in your MQ2 startup.