Addicted Dads (EQ Emu 2 Box)

Rali

Trakanon Raider
Also started playing here this week. Nilhaus, Necro. Lvl42 so far. Having a lot of fun going through classic zones that I haven't seen in years!

Will probably get around to setting up another box with a shaman at some point.

One question, I see there are pet weapons on the vendor in the hub, but for the life of me, I cannot work out how to equip them on my pet. Having the item on my cursor and clicking my pet just gives me a message about dropping the item on the ground. What gives?

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
You have to toggle an option. It is on the wiki. Sorry forgot which one, like tab through pets or something.

Also need, Kael, ST and Zland for Luclin flags. Who wants to help tonight or this weekend?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
Quite a few of us are all at the st, velious stage for kills. So it will be full groups and or raids for some nice quick kills.

Alexzander

Golden Knight of the Realm
A full group for ST is nice. It's a bit of a slog down to FA.

I just need NToV on my warrior/cleric for Luclin. I haven't gotten around to it yet. :p

Friday

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yep I am also in Velious and need all the flags except for Tunare.

We want to plan something for this weekend, tonight, or tomorrow?

• 1Like

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Would love to take my monk (and shaman if needed) for raid flagging stuff. I need NToV, ST, and Dain. What time do you guys usually get on?

Jox

Molten Core Raider
Can someone elaborate on why people say two handers suck here. Just got Rallos two hander and not sure if I should be using it even though it's a pretty decent upgrade.

Alexzander

Can someone elaborate on why people say two handers suck here. Just got Rallos two hander and not sure if I should be using it even though it's a pretty decent upgrade.
It could just be that server logic is "knights have bad DPS so 2 handers suck". That's obviously a non-sequitur, but EQ players are generally a pretty superstitious lot.

I have also heard that berzerkers do not parse well. I have no evidence to support or deny that.

Edit: my under-leveled shaman made it to Velious last night (thanks Nylab!). I could use all the Velious flags on one toon or another. I can be around to tank and heal tonight.

• 1Like

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
It was something to do with the hit/miss tables or something with 2hders right?

Maybe it was just me, but I noticed I was missing an awful fucking lot with my Ton Po's. I swear shit dies faster now with dual Whitened Treant Fists over Ton Po.

Deeone

Molten Core Raider
I don't get the impression people are saying this with parsers running otherwise you'd see some actual numbers. I'm also interested as I'm running Seru 2hander on my warrior. Might spent some time on those combat dummies.

Alexzander

Re: the 2 hander talk

I did find this at the server boards:
Berzerkers and Rangers-DPS | Addicted Dads EQ
Now that rogues have been adjusted, both Berzerkers and Rangers should be looked at as well. In our last romp through PoTime, our geared zerker was 300+dps behind the monks and rog. Berzerkers should be at the top of the dog pile since all they do is dps.
What kind of dps should they be capable of? Well, by end game, fully geared, they should be pulling >450 dps without discs against Quarm, since that is where monks and rog's are. The last PoTime raid the zerker pulled 220dps, behind the War that pulled 280 vrs. Quarm.
Rangers have historically been high on the dps charts, competeting with monks which will put them in the 400-450 dps range against mobs like Quarm.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
I got bored of my monk and rerolled ranger for Hardmode on an ez server.

let me know if you got sweet ranger gear to donate to the cause ! need to flag for kunark and vel again =p

• 1Like

Jox

Molten Core Raider
New patch today. Two hand damage increased by 10%, some Elemental Planes nerfing, not much else.

Jox

Molten Core Raider
Yea, it's 79/29 now, looks nice. Server seems a little unstable after the patch, server went down earlier or HoHb crashed while we were fighting Mith Marr so that despawned him and all the triggers.

• 1Like