Age of Wonders 3

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Going to try this out. First new game purchase in quite some time actually. I don't do Steam, so going to buy from gog.com which seems like a straight DL with no strings attached.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
part 2 and 3 are up on his youtube channel as well. he plays slowly and isnt very good but at least its in english.

Gask

Silver Baron of the Realm
Quill18 has a series going on this in English.

quill18 - YouTube

It just looks like an updated version of the other games which is a good thing for most I suspect.

OneofOne

part 2 and 3 are up on his youtube channel as well. he plays slowly and isnt very good but at least its in english.
Thanks for the heads up, just suffered through both. He's incredibly painful to watch, but it was good seeing more spells, units, etc.

OneofOne

You can actually choose between classic and simultaneous turns when you set up the game. Only thing I dislike about simultaneous turns in MP is if your opponent is paying attention, it's going to be very hard to attack him with multiple stacks out in the field.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
The only time I'd ever play simultaneous turns is if I were playing with a friend and we agreed to play cooperatively (well, more staying out of each other's way), and then only because it would make things go a bit faster. Otherwise, turn-based for everything, single- and multi-player.

Pre-ordered this after watching some of the Let's Play videos. Really, really looking forward to it.

Sulrn

Deuces
Assuming when the main office reopens in the AM.

[edit] Developers saying it opens 1800 CET, so 12ish EST.

Grimsark

The first game I have pre-ordered in several years. I sure hope I am not disappointed.

The chatter has it being installable on steam at 11am CST. But don't quote me.
edit:sry for repeats.

edit2: Installing now. FYI. (11am CST)

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Steam games always (unless some special promotion that I can't remember them ever having) unlock at 9am Pacific time, just for future reference. Same with the summer/winter/various sales, that is when they change over to a new day of promotions.

Too bad I'm at work and can't play it yet. At least they allow you to remotely download now, which is nice, so I won't have to wait for the download once I get home.

Grimsark

The editor is pretty slick. Unfortunately there doesn't appear to be an in tool way of editingunits or items. You can however, completely customize heroes. Its really deep. You can also customize pretty much all the campaign and scenario details and write new attachable script behaviors.

Edit: Spells/Enhancements also appear to be unavailable in the editor.

Edit2: Nope, spoke to soon. I found the means of alteringitemsonly, in the editor, underSettings > MapResources > Show Default Resources[X]

OneofOne

Isnt' there supposed to be a big patch available upon release? That's what I read anyway (which seems strange in a DL'able game, but what do I know). I see nothing on the GoG site, and the official AoW site is deluged and unloadable, so that's no help. Anyone know?