Age of Wonders: Planetfall

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
How are you guys countering the energy steal covert operation? Do the permanent monitoring stations protect against that?

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Just teching up for better defense and using the Doctrine that gives +4 spy Def. Otherwise, go after the person stealing from you.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Getting quicker. Its interesting going through the different types of worlds and seeing their effects on gameplay. THis one was done on a Frontier World which is annoying as hell with its 'no roads'

Untitled.png

Qhue

Trump's Staff
The overall setting is very Warhammer 40K with a bit of Gene Roddenberry's Andromeda thrown in.

velk

Trakanon Raider
Autonoms are so awesome. Most T4 units don't work that well unsupported, but network controllers are the whole package. Their summons are decent by themselves ( low level autonoms ) but once their summons get level 3 networking and shield projection even the weakest becomes a strong unit by itself* - and they are just the throw-away screening chaff that you use to soak attacks while the network controllers melt-down stuff at range 11 with artillery-level particle beams. They are high-health, armored, floating, unflankable, evasive, ignore terrain, are aoe-healed by monitors and can equip 2 armor + 20% regeneration mods.

Speaking of the autonom self repair mod - it stacks with phoenix walker regeneration, which leads to massively armored aoe melee beaters that regenerate 40% of their life per turn ;p

I thought they were pretty bad at first glance compared to the psi-fish or paragons, but wow was I wrong.

* Autonom sentinels are pretty shit, but with network3 they buff the entire army's accuracy and overwatch at huge range in a 360 circle.

• 1Like

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The combat AI in this drives me nuts. Its so bad with Amazons archers endlessly spamming flash arrows and support units like the APC with set scripts ignoring items/skills you give them.

Last edited:

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
The combat AI in this drives me nuts. Its so bad with Amazons archers endlessly spamming flash arrows and support units like the APC with set scripts ignoring items/skills you give them.

It's been that way since the first AoW. Never, ever trust auto combat. Manual almost always produces better outcomes.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They should enable the combat cards in single player games. When you see the results of an auto-combat fight, spend a card and let you play out the fight manurally.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Picked this up yesterday and did the tutorial. Looking good so far!

• 1Like

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I'm really enjoying it, but the AI and their constant energy steals are going to turn me in to Hitler Ghandi.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
With the +4 doctrine? Why can't I have more than one active at a time? I swear I had 3 or 4 in my first game.

Do the monitors help?

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Well I play the psy guys right now and they add +2 along with +4 doctrine.

• 1Like

OneofOne

With the +4 doctrine? Why can't I have more than one active at a time? I swear I had 3 or 4 in my first game.

Do the monitors help?

More doctrines? You can. You have to research the tech to allow you to run more than one at a time. If you mean multiple copies of this specific doctrine? No, it's empire wide.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Going to do a run through tonight as Syndicate as its the only race I've not delved into too much. Going to go for an energy syphoning/stealthy a-hole build I reckon

• 1Solidarity

OneofOne

How the F do you queue something for infinite production? When the game launched this was in - and the infinity icon is present - but it no longer works. Am I derpin'?

• 1Like

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
How the F do you queue something for infinite production? When the game launched this was in - and the infinity icon is present - but it no longer works. Am I derpin'?

Its a bug right now that you cant. There is a fix in the beta patch

• 1Like