Age of Wushu/Wulin - US Open Beta

SimSimSalabim

Molten Core Raider
Gave it a shot and once again was instantly turned off by horrible localization. I seriously wonder...seems like every MMO that gets ported from Asia to the West has horribly botched translation, but is the reverse true? Do chinese WoW players spend most of their time laughing at awful translation?

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
Was just released on Steam so am checking it out.

Seems cool, but I have no idea what is going on. The complexity level seems staggering.

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
Was just released on Steam so am checking it out.

Seems cool, but I have no idea what is going on. The complexity level seems staggering.
It is very hard to get into the game, meaning that is actually difficult to even understand what you're supposed to do, mostly because the translation leaves a lot to be desired.

You can find some good pointers here:Age of Wushu Livestream Beginner's Guide - Age of Wushu Read more Guides | Corsual.com

As a rule of thumb, research first, play later, at least until you grasp what's going on. The game is (imo) nothing short of amazing from many points of view: it's a sandbox, it's based on kung fu which I study and love in real life and it has cool shit you can do, "crouching tiger, hidden dragon" movie style.
Graphics are quite nice, animations are decent enough and do not make my eyes bleed and the quality is there, maybe a tad hidden.

It's a 100% sandbox, full PvP where you can be ganked even when offline and be sold as slave from rival schools, so don't expect a game where you're treated nicely, it's in fact fucking brutal and you must get into a good guild or you won't do jack and shit. Past that you can expect guild wars, guild skirmishes, good old ganking and the frantic necessity to find a hidden corner of the world to practice your internal arts and logoff for the night.
Your school can be assaulted when you're sleeping (happened to mine, once) and I was kidnapped and enslaved, so I daresay there are no safe places in the world or none that I know of.
I played for a while and due to time available I parked the game in the last couple months, but I think it's worth giving it a try.

icarr757_sl

shitlord
It is very hard to get into the game, meaning that is actually difficult to even understand what you're supposed to do, mostly because the translation leaves a lot to be desired.

You can find some good pointers here:Age of Wushu Livestream Beginner's Guide - Age of Wushu Read more Guides | Corsual.com

As a rule of thumb, research first, play later, at least until you grasp what's going on. The game is (imo) nothing short of amazing from many points of view: it's a sandbox, it's based on kung fu which I study and love in real life and it has cool shit you can do, "crouching tiger, hidden dragon" movie style.
Graphics are quite nice, animations are decent enough and do not make my eyes bleed and the quality is there, maybe a tad hidden.

It's a 100% sandbox, full PvP where you can be ganked even when offline and be sold as slave from rival schools, so don't expect a game where you're treated nicely, it's in fact fucking brutal and you must get into a good guild or you won't do jack and shit. Past that you can expect guild wars, guild skirmishes, good old ganking and the frantic necessity to find a hidden corner of the world to practice your internal arts and logoff for the night.
Your school can be assaulted when you're sleeping (happened to mine, once) and I was kidnapped and enslaved, so I daresay there are no safe places in the world or none that I know of.
I played for a while and due to time available I parked the game in the last couple months, but I think it's worth giving it a try.
Sounds like EVE...?

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
Just a little bit of play shows that there is a lot of potential in this game, but yeah, it is hard to understand and get into it. Gonna take another look after this Marvel bonus weekend is over.