Ahsoka

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Why the fuck is a force user fucking around with a lightsaber battle when she can just force choke a bitch?
Outside of just Star Wars things, it could be due to her thinking she is fighting a Jedi, and Jedi seem to be able to fight off force powers directly used on them, unless otherwise distracted. So she didn't even try. At the end, Sabine had the drop on her with a wrist rocket and she had no saber to deflect it, so instead of taking the chance of her getting the rocket off, when she starts to choke, she just bamfed away.

It will probably come up again though, as I'm sure there will be more fights, so I don't expect the logic to hold, and we will be back to "just Star Wars things"!

Hahaha. At 16 minute mark I could hear the screams of all believers in the fan rumors.
So it was actually undead Asajj Ventress, risen using Nightsisters magic!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Outside of just Star Wars things, it could be due to her thinking she is fighting a Jedi, and Jedi seem to be able to fight off force powers directly used on them, unless otherwise distracted. So she didn't even try. At the end, Sabine had the drop on her with a wrist rocket and she had no saber to deflect it, so instead of taking the chance of her getting the rocket off, when she starts to choke, she just bamfed away.

It will probably come up again though, as I'm sure there will be more fights, so I don't expect the logic to hold, and we will be back to "just Star Wars things"!

somewhere in legends it talked about how early force user training is about controlling YOUR force. as ben kenobi says, the force surrounds and penetrates us. that part of the force, the part that surrounds and penetrates the force user, they are able to reduce others' impact on it. it's why you have vader pulling han solo's blaster out of his hand, but never did that to luke.

it WAS considered to be based on proficiency with the force so if there was a large enough disparity between force users, one could affect the other. it's also why dooku and yoda resorted to a duel once they figured out they were equal enough power wise that they wouldn't be able to beat one another with sheer force prowess. BUT that's why you see in the clone wars, the son is able to just casually wave his hand and both ahsoka's AND obiwan's lightsaber just turn off.

SO i think it's just assumed that baylan told shin not to use force powers on other users because she's still a padawan (i'm assuming based on the padawan braid) unless she is able to take them by surprise.

also, yes, just star wars things.

So it was actually undead Asajj Ventress, risen using Nightsisters magic!
so. i heard about this reveal a few days ago and i thought it was stupid, then it turned out to be true and i thought it was stupid.

then i thought about it a little. someone talked about how... well let's just go to spoilers

someone was talking about how marrok being starkiller wouldn't be a good move because there's just not enough time to explain the character in a way that does starkiller any justice. yeah it'd be cool to see anakin's apprentice vs vader's apprentice, but ahsoka would need to spend A LOT of time learning who starkiller is for it to mean anything to her, and they obviously aren't doing that. for marrok to mean anything to the story, it has to mean something to ahsoka (or sabine, i suppose). it COULD have been ezra but that doesn't make sense because how did ezra get back without thrawn?

however, they just released tales of the jedi not too awfully long ago and they made a point to show ahsoka getting back in the fight by fighting "the inquisitor" whom she one shot pretty easily, but the camera showed his head hit the ground and just... evaporate... much like marrok. so i'm wondering if those are actually the same character? which would also mean it's not the last we've seen of him. it would make the reveal actually mean something to ahsoka, as opposed to just some weird nightsister magick from morgan, which i think is what people are assuming, but doesn't make sense to me since there was no green hue to any of it, which is what we've all seen nightsister magick has.

either way i'm hoping we'll get some more info somewhere down the line

• 1Like

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
somewhere in legends it talked about how early force user training is about controlling YOUR force. as ben kenobi says, the force surrounds and penetrates us. that part of the force, the part that surrounds and penetrates the force user, they are able to reduce others' impact on it. it's why you have vader pulling han solo's blaster out of his hand, but never did that to luke.

it WAS considered to be based on proficiency with the force so if there was a large enough disparity between force users, one could affect the other. it's also why dooku and yoda resorted to a duel once they figured out they were equal enough power wise that they wouldn't be able to beat one another with sheer force prowess. BUT that's why you see in the clone wars, the son is able to just casually wave his hand and both ahsoka's AND obiwan's lightsaber just turn off.

SO i think it's just assumed that baylan told shin not to use force powers on other users because she's still a padawan (i'm assuming based on the padawan braid) unless she is able to take them by surprise.

also, yes, just star wars things.

so. i heard about this reveal a few days ago and i thought it was stupid, then it turned out to be true and i thought it was stupid.

then i thought about it a little. someone talked about how... well let's just go to spoilers

someone was talking about how marrok being starkiller wouldn't be a good move because there's just not enough time to explain the character in a way that does starkiller any justice. yeah it'd be cool to see anakin's apprentice vs vader's apprentice, but ahsoka would need to spend A LOT of time learning who starkiller is for it to mean anything to her, and they obviously aren't doing that. for marrok to mean anything to the story, it has to mean something to ahsoka (or sabine, i suppose). it COULD have been ezra but that doesn't make sense because how did ezra get back without thrawn?

however, they just released tales of the jedi not too awfully long ago and they made a point to show ahsoka getting back in the fight by fighting "the inquisitor" whom she one shot pretty easily, but the camera showed his head hit the ground and just... evaporate... much like marrok. so i'm wondering if those are actually the same character? which would also mean it's not the last we've seen of him. it would make the reveal actually mean something to ahsoka, as opposed to just some weird nightsister magick from morgan, which i think is what people are assuming, but doesn't make sense to me since there was no green hue to any of it, which is what we've all seen nightsister magick has.

either way i'm hoping we'll get some more info somewhere down the line

i have a better explanation.

shitty, inconsistent writing for decades and decades. no need to perform these mental gymnastics

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
i have a better explanation.

shitty, inconsistent writing for decades and decades. no need to perform these mental gymnastics
Elon Musk Tesla GIF

j00t

Can you walk me again through the "why Count Dooku and Yoda dont use force on each other" logic?
they DID use the force on each other. every move one of them made, the other just immediately countered. so dooku said that they weren't going to be able to settle the duel with force powers. if that's the kind of "mental gymnastics" you're struggling with, then i immediately understand why you hate this stuff.

i never would have considered star wars complicated... at least when chuk doesn't get something it's basically just because he hasn't watched the cartoons so he's missing connecting information.

• 1Like

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
they DID use the force on each other. every move one of them made, the other just immediately countered. so dooku said that they weren't going to be able to settle the duel with force powers. if that's the kind of "mental gymnastics" you're struggling with, then i immediately understand why you hate this stuff.

i never would have considered star wars complicated... at least when chuk doesn't get something it's basically just because he hasn't watched the cartoons so he's missing connecting information.

Did it ever cross your mind that the writers inserted that on purpose because every major one-on-one battle in Star Wars has to be settled with lightsabers for the sake of visual spectacle and drama, instead of a Harry Potter-esque Wizard Power battle, excuse me "Force Powers" duel?

They spoonfeed you paint-by-numbers nonsense schlock and you're more than happy to manufacture endless logic pretzels to make it go down easier

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
I prefer when the force was a more abstract power for use on plebians, than the zoomer force powers of the more recent movies. Especially since characters like rey just force fly everywhere after .1 seconds of thought on the matter. DUMB, but that word encompasses 99.9% of "modern writing".

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
I prefer when the force was a more abstract power for use on plebians, than the zoomer force powers of the more recent movies. Especially since characters like rey just force fly everywhere after .1 seconds of thought on the matter. DUMB, but that word encompasses 99.9% of "modern writing".

"no, you see Rey is able to summon trillions of midichlorians using psychic powers who lift her into the air, then Rey uses her psychic force powers to alter the positions of trillions of midichlorians in real time to alter her flight speed and direction!" --j00t

Remember when they used "The Force" to resurrect the dead?

The Force: good enough to raise people from the dead. not good enough to use in combat because REASONS

Merrith

I just can't get into it because of the Sequel Trilogies. The New Republic has been incompetent at every turn, and can't tell the difference between its own ass and a hole in the ground.

I'm still watching it for cool moments I guess, but if you like Thrawn as a villain (which most people do), you know he's not coming back because we've already seen the future after this.

Isn't this set like 25 years prior to the Sequel Trilogy, though? Plenty of time for Thrawn to return, Filoni gets to do his movie where that threat is battle/ended, and later we get the shitty sequel trilogy.

Juvarisx

Florida
Isn't this set like 25 years prior to the Sequel Trilogy, though? Plenty of time for Thrawn to return, Filoni gets to do his movie where that threat is battle/ended, and later we get the shitty sequel trilogy.

Yea this is around / at the same time as Mando, so 5 years after Jedi. The Disney trilogy is 25 years after this. Filoni will get his tv show film that will probably conclude Thrawn that combines Ashoka and Mando.

j00t

"no, you see Rey is able to summon trillions of midichlorians using psychic powers who lift her into the air, then Rey uses her psychic force powers to alter the positions of trillions of midichlorians in real time to alter her flight speed and direction!" --j00t

Remember when they used "The Force" to resurrect the dead?

The Force: good enough to raise people from the dead. not good enough to use in combat because REASONS
listen man, all i said was that there was an world explanation in an old legends book. is it a work around for why a director somewhere made a decision to do D instead of A through C? yes. do i care as long as it makes sense within the rules of the world? no.

but sure, run around making up quotes and purposely misinterpreting what i said in a REALLY odd attempt to dunk on me about a show that i haven't really said one way or another if it's good? actually i take that back, i said after the first two episodes that it's really good compared to everything else disney+ has put out lately but compared to everything else it's just kind of okay.

anyway, i don't want to talk to you anymore.

j00t

i really get the impression that filoni is setting up a way to just sidestep the sequel trilogy altogether. i'm wondering if the reason why thrawn, ahsoka, hera, etc weren't involved in the sequel trilogy isn't because they were dead, it's because they were in a different galaxy.

i mean, yes, they weren't in the sequel trilogy because jj abrams and rion johnson probably didn't watch the cartoons, but i'm hoping this just opens up a whole new galaxy for star wars to explore

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Malakriss

I still maintain the first trip to the World Between Worlds in Rebels changed the timeline and already retconned the sequel trilogy.

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
listen man, all i said was that there was an world explanation in an old legends book. is it a work around for why a director somewhere made a decision to do D instead of A through C? yes. do i care as long as it makes sense within the rules of the world? no.

but sure, run around making up quotes and purposely misinterpreting what i said in a REALLY odd attempt to dunk on me about a show that i haven't really said one way or another if it's good? actually i take that back, i said after the first two episodes that it's really good compared to everything else disney+ has put out lately but compared to everything else it's just kind of okay.

anyway, i don't want to talk to you anymore.

There isn't a "world explanation".

Just a painfully contrived j00t explanation that attempts to rationalize writing that is so bad that it can't even be glossed over with pews pews pews.

Why doesn't Ahsoka use force on Marrok? He's clearly an inferior force user if he is even one at all

How does Ahsoka end up in World Between Worlds by simply falling off a cliff? Apparently in the cartoon the only way to access it was through a magic mural in a particular Jedi Temple

j00t

Just a painfully contrived j00t explanation that attempts to rationalize writing that is so bad that it can't even be glossed over with pews pews pews.

Why doesn't Ahsoka use force on Marrok? He's clearly an inferior force user if he is even one at all

How does Ahsoka end up in World Between Worlds by simply falling off a cliff? Apparently in the cartoon the only way to access it was through a magic mural in a particular Jedi Temple
stop quoting me i'm not talking to you anymore

Qhue

Tranny Chaser

She spent a lot of 'time' there. I suspect the opening to the next episode will show her accessing the world between worlds. Also the henge itself could be a contributing factor.

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
stop quoting me i'm not talking to you anymore

If they actually had to use The Force in battles, they would all look like this. No one would watch

• 1Worf