Ahsoka

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
i'm saying if you are putting down the video i posted out of hand and dont know why you did so, the dummy isnt me.
i told you exactly why i didn't watch it. as soon as i saw the title and what channel it was, i already knew everything he was going to say about it.

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
i told you exactly why i didn't watch it. as soon as i saw the title and what channel it was, i already knew everything he was going to say about it.
Yea, that dude sucks more (doom)cock than Midnight's Edge. The times I have tried to watch his videos I am unable to make it past the 2 min mark.

While the Drinker repeats a lot of the same points, at least he is often entertaining when doing so, and his videos don't usually ramble on too long.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
a stranded ship with no power presumably has no shields, so any attackers should just blast the ship instead of aiming for the relatively tiny person on its hull. Factor in also that a ships guns should be heavier caliber than a handheld blaster. Are there any examples in canon of Jedi deflecting larger caliber rounds?

how big a lightsaber would you need to deflect a Death Star blast?

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Malakriss

There is at least one novel that is still canon in which Vader deflects blaster fire from a freighter, but it literally pushes him backwards sliding along the ground.

A few Legends/EU stories had attempts where they survive deflecting larger blaster fire but the lightsaber is knocked away or they get blown backwards. Using the same principle there was a force user proficient in blasters who could shoot other blaster shots and deflect their trajectory the same way a lightsaber does.

• 1Like

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Bruh just let this shit go.

The star wars space battles are always stupid because their entire premise is copied from earth military history with no regards to physics. Large ships are always lumbering in space, firing large blasts (like naval ships), despite there being no reason for them to be slow and lumbering. You're not sailing through water and there's no friction.

Small nimble ship fighting is modeled on WW2 aerial dogfights. Why the fuck would these 3 space ships need to take flying "passes" at Ahsoka's immobilized ship? This only makes sense if you needed aerial lift and wings to maintain flight. Why didnt the 3 ships just pull up to the immobilized ship and just blast the shit out of it while being stationary?

i hate how poorly thought out all this shit is just so they can manufacture a Memorable Moment TM to put in a trailer.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
img_1_1693595380635 (1).jpg

• 3Like
  • 3Mother of God
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 8 users

Burns

Twi'lek genes are so weak that all of them are recessive.

Star Wars has always been an IP that you cant think too much about. You mostly have to hope they don't put in overly retarded shit like gravity bombs in space or lasers that can destroy ships all of a sudden causing no damage after 20+ hit the hull.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
yeah, she's cute as hell. so weird, like cutest actress who is in a ton of movies, but somehow I totally forget about every previous instance...
ffs she was gwen/royal pain in sky high..
I always remember her as Ramona Flowers in Scott Pilgrim.

• 1Solidarity

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Sounds like this Filoni guy is a real fucking hack

Yes and no. He only co-wrote one episode of Boba Fatt. The joint interview him and Favreau did together in the aftermath led people to believe he was more involved in Boba Fatt than he was. It was an odd choice for Favreau not to do the post-mortem interview by himself, almost like he was using Filoni as a shield just because he was an executive producer on it.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Yes and no. He only co-wrote one episode of Boba Fatt. The joint interview him and Favreau did together in the aftermath led people to believe he was more involved in Boba Fatt than he was. It was an odd choice for Favreau not to do the post-mortem interview by himself, almost like he was using Filoni as a shield just because he was an executive producer on it.
Pretty sure he was brought on for Cad Bane stuff. Filoni basically has the same power over his characters that Lucas did.

Malakriss

Filoni made his bones as a storyboard and development artist in the animation departments, then stepped up as supervising director / executive producer with occasional writing credits. There was a lot more collaboration for the animation series and I wonder if they are forcing too much "Lucas" style for live action where one guy has to put together the whole thing. Not everyone is a Christopher Nolan.

He has an amazing record with the animated series he actually worked on (beyond slapping his name on the credits). Solo wrote the last four episodes of Clone Wars S7, most of Tales of the Jedi, and was heavily involved in S4 Rebels when he went head-to-head against Kennedy on the creative storyline front. But his live action credits are still rather light.

• 1Like