Ahsoka

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Looks good to me. Dig the orange sabers. Also Sabine, Hera, and Chopper looking good.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
Ya, they've done a good job porting those characters to RL. I have zero faith that they can deliver a good story but excited to see Ezra.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

zignor 4

Molten Core Raider
That looks pretty good but trailers gonna trailer.

I haven't watched any of the cartoons. I've tried over the years but I just can't sit through them. Is cartoon Thrawn significantly different from the character in the old Zahn books that Disney set fire to or did they basically copy / paste him into the new canon?

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
It's been decades since I've read those books so I don't recall his character that clearly but they did translate major elements of Thrawn's personality/abilities into Rebels.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
That looks pretty good but trailers gonna trailer.

I haven't watched any of the cartoons. I've tried over the years but I just can't sit through them. Is cartoon Thrawn significantly different from the character in the old Zahn books that Disney set fire to or did they basically copy / paste him into the new canon?
He is very close from what I remember. He won't have the same supporting cast though. Rukh and Capt. Palleon were both killed in Rebels. I assume Gideon is in the Palleon role now.

Cybsled

Cartoon Thrawn is pretty faithful to the books. Rewards creative thinking from people under his command and constantly playing 5D chess. Studies the culture of his foes to get insight into their thought process. In the cartoon the plans failing usually were because of 3rd party Imperial officer fucking things up because they didn’t like taking orders from an alien.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I assume that Old force user is the C'Baoth in the upcoming storylines.

• 3Like
  • 1I Came
Reactions: 3 users

Juvarisx

Florida
The force is female.

Nah, this is all established in Rebels and it is fucking great. Ray Stevenson is Baylan a new character and is rumored to be the dark side master to Shin. He survived Order 66 and I guess went bad on a quest for revenge or something like that.

Pretty amazing to see Thrawn live action so many years after that book came out.

• 5Like
  • 1Cringe
Reactions: 5 users

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Nah, this is all established in Rebels and it is fucking great. Ray Stevenson is Baylan a new character and is rumored to be the dark side master to Shin. He survived Order 66 and I guess went bad on a quest for revenge or something like that.
Rebels had male characters. How many male characters, other than the bad guy, did you see?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

Apparently they also announced a Star Wars crossover movie that will be the culmination of Mando and Ashoka - so I suspect Thrawn won’t get defeated in Ashoka and the movie will be the team up to try to defeat Thrawn and the Imperial remnants

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
Rebels had male characters. How many male characters, other than the bad guy, did you see?

Well, we know now Zeb is in a New Republic squadron, Thrawn is in this show, Kallus will probably show up, we know Ezra is in the show, and Kanan.. couldn't make it. Rex would probably be dead by that time, he was already pushing it when Rebels ended before Episode 4 and this is after Episode 6.

Honestly not seeing the male purge you are refering to, from this trailer and other current going-ons in the Star Wars series at least.

As far as the other Star Wars shows go, The Mandalorian has a main male character, though he shares a lot of screen time with Bo-Katan this season (probably in part to make up for Cara Dune being removed from the show), the main bad guy is also male (Gideon). Most of the supporting characters are male except for The Armorer who is indeed in a leadership role.

Book of Boba Fett was obviously a male lead, again with a female sidekick. Most of the supporting characters were male.

Obi-Wan Kenobi obviously a male led show.

The only "The Force is female" stuff we really had to endure so far is the extreme Mary-Sue levels they took Rey into in the sequels, but I think Disney is clearly trying to move away from that mess and -trying- to appease the fanbase with familiar things.

I say trying because that last episode of Mando with Jack Black and Lezzo was quite messy.

• 1Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Well, we know now Zeb is in a New Republic squadron, Thrawn is in this show, Kallus will probably show up, we know Ezra is in the show, and Kanan.. couldn't make it. Rex would probably be dead by that time, he was already pushing it when Rebels ended before Episode 4 and this is after Episode 6.
Rex fought at the Battle of Endor so he could still be around, just told as fuck.

• 1Like

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I liked the trailer, the casting of the rebel characters seemed to be on point.

So I'm cautiously optimistic about this. My bar is pretty low these days, not being bad would actually be good. :)

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
The only "The Force is female" stuff we really had to endure so far is the extreme Mary-Sue levels they took Rey into in the sequels, but I think Disney is clearly trying to move away from that mess and -trying- to appease the fanbase with familiar things.

I say trying because that last episode of Mando with Jack Black and Lezzo was quite messy.
oh my sweet summer child.