Ahsoka

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
I felt the same way when it came out. Give it to about the halfway mark of season 1 and it ramps up significantly. The subsequent seasons are all a huge step up in action and importance.

I started watching from beginning of Season 2 with Siege of Lothal. It's horrible. I mean it's written for little kids and I keep reading posts from adults raving about it.

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I started watching from beginning of Season 2 with Siege of Lothal. It's horrible. I mean it's written for little kids and I keep reading posts from adults raving about it.
You may need to be primed by Clone Wars and how that went from mediocre to good to great (as good as the original trilogy) as the seasons progressed. I skipped season 1 of Clone Wars originally too, and I don't think it caused many issues (also never seen any of the droid episodes to completion). I think, as others have recommended, if I had watched Clone Wars in chronological order, from the start, it would have made it a bit easier to get into.

For Rebels, you may need more information from season 1, to enjoy the later seasons, even if it is rather childish. I don't think it's story ever comes close the last couple seasons of Clone Wars though, and Star Wars in general is an IP focused on content for teens and children, so if you aren't prepared to sit through it, then don't bother.

The SW movies I watched as a child/teen and the games I played as a teen/20 something are really what allow me to enjoy the Star Wars cartoons, otherwise all the hokey shit would probably be too much.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
I dunno what these people smoking. I watched most of clone wars. It was dumb shit for kids that was what I'd describe as watchable. Definitely wouldn't put it on my recommend list. The fact that it was watchable makes it better than most star wars content, and I have a soft spot for Sci Fi so I didn't regret it, but I'm not brain damaged enough that I'd think to call the show good.

Never bothered with rebels. So far I'd call this show squarely in the watchable category too. I can sit through it once, but any more than that and I'll probably grow to hate it.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
I dunno what these people smoking. I watched most of clone wars. It was dumb shit for kids that was what I'd describe as watchable. Definitely wouldn't put it on my recommend list. The fact that it was watchable makes it better than most star wars content, and I have a soft spot for Sci Fi so I didn't regret it, but I'm not brain damaged enough that I'd think to call the show good.

Never bothered with rebels. So far I'd call this show squarely in the watchable category too. I can sit through it once, but any more than that and I'll probably grow to hate it.

Give Rebels a try and tell me what you think.

The writing is a little bit above TMNT Saturday morning cartoons and Power Rangers. While the animation is somewhere on the level of 1990s cartoon "Reboot"

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Cybsled

Give Rebels a try and tell me what you think.

The writing is a little bit above TMNT Saturday morning cartoons and Power Rangers. While the animation is somewhere on the level of 1990s cartoon "Reboot"

Let's be honest, though. The writing in the movies has been Power Rangers level as well, even the old shit from the 70s/80s.

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
Let's be honest, though. The writing in the movies has been Power Rangers level as well, even the old shit from the 70s/80s.
Yeah the bar is so low, it's somewhere at the bottom of a Sarlacc pit eheheh

Goatface

That doesn't sound like a lot...
not great, but around the same as other d+ shows

5 day numbers from Samba TV
Moon Knight 1.8 m
Falcon and the Winter Solider 1.8m
Falcon and the Winter Solider finale 1.7M
Hawkeye 1.5 million
Loki 2.5 million
Obi-Wan Kenobi 2.4M
Obi-Wan Kenobi finale 1.8 m
Mandalorian s3 1.7M
Mandalorian finale s2 1.1M
Book of Boba Fett 1.7M
Book of Boba Fett finale 1.5M
WandaVision: 1.6M
Ms. Marvel: 775k
She-Hulk 1.5m (4 days)

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
not great, but around the same as other d+ shows

5 day numbers from Samba TV
Moon Knight 1.8 m
Falcon and the Winter Solider 1.8m
Falcon and the Winter Solider finale 1.7M
Hawkeye 1.5 million
Loki 2.5 million
Obi-Wan Kenobi 2.4M
Obi-Wan Kenobi finale 1.8 m
Mandalorian s3 1.7M
Mandalorian finale s2 1.1M
Book of Boba Fett 1.7M
Book of Boba Fett finale 1.5M
WandaVision: 1.6M
Ms. Marvel: 775k
She-Hulk 1.5m (4 days)
She-Hulk had better ratings. oof

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Why cant they just release this show at midnight like every other show they have done..

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Have to admit, I can’t shake the feeling this is going to go downhill from here. They should have done something interesting like killing off the witch for basically sucking and getting caught or let the dark Jedi chick get killed while wounding Sabine. I just feel we’re going to have some fucking Star Wars Benny Hill chase going on for the next four episodes.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
All these shows suck except for Andor
Loki was worth watching and there are some good parts of Mando/Bobba Fett squeezed into the shit fest they are, but you are mostly correct. I will not be renewing my sub in December. I will come back for one month when Andor Season 2 is done so I can binge it.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Have to admit, I can’t shake the feeling this is going to go downhill from here. They should have done something interesting like killing off the witch for basically sucking and getting caught or let the dark Jedi chick get killed while wounding Sabine. I just feel we’re going to have some fucking Star Wars Benny Hill chase going on for the next four episodes.
I'm telling you, the first few episodes and the last few are the only ones worth a shit. The rest are buildup filler.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
lol, damage control
According to the streamer, the first episode of the series, starring Rosario Dawson as the titular Jedi, has racked up 14 million views worldwide in the five days after its Aug. 23 debut. Disney+ is using the same methodology for counting a “view” that Netflix has employed for the past couple of months — dividing the total viewing time by the run time for a given title.

In Ahsoka’s case, 14 million views of the 56-minute premiere episode would equate to 784 million minutes of viewing worldwide. “Views” doesn’t necessarily equal “viewers,” however, as the total viewing time doesn’t necessarily account for multiple people watching the show together or a single person watching the episode several times. Disney+ also didn’t release any figures for episode two of Ahsoka, which also premiered Aug. 23.

The view figure for Ahsoka represents the first time Disney+ has released any kind of concrete viewing data for one of its titles. Like most other streamers, it has typically only alluded to relative performance (albeit with a baseline for comparison) when touting the success of its series or movies. (Disney+ programming is included in Nielsen’s weekly rankings of the top 10 streaming titles in the United States.)

Data transparency is a sticking point between striking writers and actors and the media companies represented by the Alliance of Motion Picture and Television Producers, with both the Writers Guild of America and SAG-AFTRA asking for some kind of residual or revenue sharing for shows based on how well they perform.

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
Data transparency is a sticking point between striking writers and actors and the media companies represented by the Alliance of Motion Picture and Television Producers, with both the Writers Guild of America and SAG-AFTRA asking for some kind of residual or revenue sharing for shows based on how well they perform.

I like that the line around this from SAG/WAG is basically "either they are grossly under or over reporting how well shows are doing, and we want to know which", and it feels like Disney is some how doing both here.

• 1Like