AirPods look dumb as fuck

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
Are beats still a thing? I haven't seen them in years now. When I was in school they were everywhere

My nephew was crying for Beats for xmas 4-5 yrs back. I bought him a set of AKG Studio Reference headphones, his parents bought him Beats. He wore the Beats to school to look cool. At home he only used the AKGs. I have a pair that is 30 yrs old that are still epic.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
I use the ear buds, not the airpods, when I'm doing yard work and such. Ear buds in, hearing protection on, and with the wired ones I can control volume, pause it, and all that. Sound quality isn't great, but I've got a lawn mower, or a planer, or a router, or a tractor, or some such shit running, and I can hear my podcast. And I can pause it. And change the volume. I've never tried the airpods, but they look convenient. Not paying for that crap, though.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I use the ear buds, not the airpods, when I'm doing yard work and such. Ear buds in, hearing protection on, and with the wired ones I can control volume, pause it, and all that. Sound quality isn't great, but I've got a lawn mower, or a planer, or a router, or a tractor, or some such shit running, and I can hear my podcast. And I can pause it. And change the volume. I've never tried the airpods, but they look convenient. Not paying for that crap, though.

yea thats how i do ear buds too, well lg tones, i like having the horseshoe

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Much like keyboards and mice, headphones/earbuds are better with a wire and wireless is for faggots.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Much like keyboards and mice, headphones/earbuds are better with a wire and wireless is for faggots.

It's not the wireless part that makes em look stupid as fuck. There have been plenty of wireless earbuds linked that are higher quality and cheaper than the AirPod bullshit. First all the name is fucking stupid, fuck you Tim Apple you worthless goober fuck. At least Steve Jobs who was a giant prick douche was at least trying to push out new and unique shit. It's the fact that they are wireless but the are the same shitty design. They aren't comfortable, sound like dogshit, have no noise canceling because they don't even seal. Plus they have a long white piece sticking out that says "Hey Look at me, I'm an asshole."

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I'll give up a little bit of sound quality to be able to move around that gym more freely. That said, I don't own any Apple stuff since there are always better options at less cost.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Does anyone own a pair of the cheaper, less douchey wireless earbuds that also support the single bud mode? My father-in-law has some AirPods that I tried and I really liked the performance, but I hate the design and price.

taebin

Same trailer, different park
When you read reviews on any of these, you will notice complaints about dropped syncing. I picked the ear birds with the least amount of such reviews.

Wish this thread had existed before I bought some last week. If I'm sitting still, they seem to work fine. But when I go for a run or moving around at the gym, it sounds like they are constantly dropping/clicking then the playback becomes choppy. If I pause the music or disconnect Bluetooth, it fixes it. But then occurs again pretty quickly. Is this due to other Bluetooth signals being in close proximity? Like it's constantly scanning or some type of channel interference? Shit makes it not even worth using on a run.

Read the Endgadget review of the Samsung Earbuds and they kept saying how they sucked compared to the Jabra Elite or Sennheister Momentum. Didn't really wanna shell out $150 or $300, but seems like all these $50 ones on Amazon are kind of the same.

Samsung Galaxy Buds review: A waste of good design

goishen

Macho Ma'am
XNu8RZ5.jpg

Why does that subwoofer look like a buttplug?

$2.91 Adult Silicone Butt Plug Anal Plug Sex Toy (Size M) at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

• 5Picard
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 5 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Found a new reason to hate AirPod so right now I am sitting on my flight getting ready to fly out of Norfolk browsing around when all of a sudden I get a visual notice that pops up over my phone. Some dickwaffle is pairing his shitpods but it is interupting me on my phone... fuck you Tim Apple maybe you die from the same cancer as Jobs.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users