Alien: Covenant (2017)

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Its not the fact theyre using gunpowder firearms, its the fact they told the prop guy go down to the local gun store and buy 10-15 cool looking rifles to throw in the movie. Beyond lazy.
\

so your argument is that you wanted them to strap on a bunch of random shit to the guns to make them look cooler?

as ex-military, i thought you'd be against that sort of faggotry.

they had rifles with ACOGs, eotechs, various green laser sights. i thought it was done well. i thik the covenant rifle actually looks more futuristic

800px-AlienCovenant-InjuredDanielsAimsF90Promo.jpg

VS.

800px-Aliens_Pulse.jpg

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Thats a steyr aug with an acog and random flash thrown out it.

Its just throws me out of the movie. Same with the gopros. Pulse Rifles aside from actually looking great(and considering Aliens is a 30 year old movie, it holds up incredibly well not cheesy in the least), shows the effort put into the design.

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
Thats a steyr aug with an acog and random flash thrown out it.

Its just throws me out of the movie. Same with the gopros. Pulse Rifles aside from actually looking great(and considering Aliens is a 30 year old movie, it holds up incredibly well not cheesy in the least), shows the effort put into the design.

dude that looks nothing like a steyr aug, unless you call every bullpup rifle a steyr aug

as far as gopros go, its a generic over the shoulder light, they had them in Aliens too, obviously not the same brand, but the exact same concept

latest?cb=20120202055941

2905611jpg.jpe

Szlia

This is not accurate and makes me wonder if you saw the film, specifically....

The bulk of the film is on the Engineer planet.

I was not masochistic enough to rewatch Prometheus before this one, but as far as I remember the engineers' planet was the one in Prometheus and what I gathered from the flashback sequence in Covenant was that it's taking place on a whole other planet.

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
I was not masochistic enough to rewatch Prometheus before this one, but as far as I remember the engineers' planet was the one in Prometheus and what I gathered from the flashback sequence in Covenant was that it's taking place on a whole other planet.

You are both right. The "new" planet is an engineer planet, but it doesnt mention whether its their homeworld or a colonized world

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
watching Prometheus now, planet in the movie is established to be a "military outpost" where they were making weapons because they wouldn't do that on their home planet.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
So the Space Jockey ship they find in Alien 1 with Xenomorph eggs on it is super old according to Ridley but David is the creator of the Xenomorphs many years later? Wonder how they'll go forward with it.

ziggyholiday

<Bronze Donator>
So the Space Jockey ship they find in Alien 1 with Xenomorph eggs on it is super old according to Ridley but David is the creator of the Xenomorphs many years later? Wonder how they'll go forward with it.

old ship with new shit on it? The ship in Prometheus was old right?

Movie was meh, if your not all in on the franchise then you probably won't get all rage about it. Still not understanding motive for the whole thing though.

Goatface

estimated $36m for the weekend vs Prometheus $51m
Budget $97m (33m less than Prometheus)

Juvarisx

Florida
Yea, it already basically made it budget back purely by international viewings. This making money was never going to be an issue.

spronk

FPS noob
whats REALLY crazy is that it barely beat out GOTG2 domestically - $36m vs $35m for GOTG2, which is like in its 3d or 4th week now. that movie has some (well deserved) legs!

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Off to see this this afternoon with wifey. Really fired up.

Oldbased

> Than U
Never understood Hollywood's reasoning on movies when it comes to profit. If they can pump out a decent Alien movie every year that'll make back investment+return and cover marketing while making profit why not just run with that and have a new one every year or two? It isn't like they are limited in scale here they have a endless supply of planets and creature and lore to use here. Some can be military action, some colony, and hell throw in some spaceship battles with predators and other life in some movies. If they can make 10 Fast and furious, they could make 40 alien movies if they found a writer who actually said something other than, I can't think of anything, let's just remake what we did.

• 1Like

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>

Alien 1 happens like 50 years after prometheus ans 40 after covenant

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
Covenant cost less than 100M and was cheaper than prometheus?

Im really surprised by that because the special effects are really top notch. This looks like a very expensive movie

Pharazon2

Molten Core Raider
5.5 / 10. I actually kinda liked Prometheus, this not so much. At least in Prometheus I was interested and wanted to know what happened next. The ending of this one leaves me not caring as much. For those that wanted another Alien movie, I guess this is better?

If they were going to make the movie all about David, they should have just started off from the end of Prometheus more or less. Would have been awesome to see him rain hell on the engineer's planet (or whoever they are) as part of the movie, not as a flashback. The way they made this, you're left wondering how David's motivation evolved. Why was Elizabeth Shaw dumb enough to trust him enough to help rebuild David's body after he fucked her so badly in Prometheus? I guess it was worth risking herself in order to get the help she needed to attack a threat to humanity. He actually helped her do the one thing she wanted to do - go fuck the engineer's because of this weapon they created that was destined for Earth. "You're welcome Elizabeth. As my reward, you get to be my guinea pig for the rest of your miserable days."

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
Alien 1 happens like 50 years after prometheus ans 40 after covenant

Right but if they're still going forward with the Derelict ship from Alien 1 being very old, then I wonder how they intend on blending the movie storylines in regards to the Xenomorphs.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Duh David broke into it and planted all those eggs. Weyland-Yutani was using him all along to setup a breeding program.

• 1Like