Alien: Covenant (2017)

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Why did they spend so much time fapping about not bringing the ship down below 80kms only to bring the ship below 80kms and nothing happens to the ship.

Weird writing there

Yeah that made absolutely no sense lol

Druss

Trakanon Raider
Movie was ok, there was just something lacking, i had no excitement watching the movie, guess i just seen too many alien movies and so, not much is really new or unexpected.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
I think this has more to do with Hollywood in of itself not ever just completing a story because they never want to write themselves in a box if an IP is successful. Because I am on the opposite end of that. I want to see a beginning, a middle, and an end. And if successful enough, I want to see what caused the beginning, and maybe even see what happens after the end.

Let's take The Thing for example. Remade what... 3 damn times? Original, the Kurt Russel movie, and the latest remake. How about instead of these remakes, we get a good writer/screenplay to tell us why the alien was submerged in the North Pole, where it came from, and it's purpose.

We do not get stories like that anymore because Hollywood can't figure out how to create standalone anthology films in the same universe. Albeit, with Star Wars and Rogue One, they may be FINALLY catching on. But most movies or TV series' these days, there is hardly ever a satisfying conclusion because the previous may make a shit ton of money so they don't end it the way they should. It's like watching the original Nightmare on Elm Streets and every time Freddy is destroyed, there is always a clip for about 10 seconds where a stupid light comes on in a doll house, or one of freddy's knives moves... So you know he will be back. Again, and again... and again.

The Trilogy that did this right? Lord of the Rings. Perfect beginning, middle, end. Great character development, great story, and above all, FANTASTIC ending.

It has gotten to the point now where I will only spend money at a theater for something that I am solidly interested in seeing. This movie, and Prometheus, is slowly but surely telling me why that spaceship was on the planet when I first watched the first Alien, and why these things existed. I'll definitely go see the next because the way this one ended I am intrigued to see where it will go. And there are enough hooks there to keep the mystery alive.

And hopefully, when the 3rd/4th installment of this ends with the ship on LV426, we can scrap Aliens 3 and Ressurrection, and do a proper ending trilogy where the aliens come to Earth and wreak a shit ton of havoc and at the same time see why the Engineers wanted us obliterated.

Lots of good points here.

I think that the next franchise that will do standalone anthology films really well will be Mad Max

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Jive Turkey

Karen
That Red Media review kinda nailed it. The movie had a lot of great ideas, but they were wrapped in a by-the-numbers hollywood monster movie. Prometheus did a better job of world building. It almost feels as if these movies are on the cusp on something really great, but then they just descend into lacklustre action with zero buildup. There must be a better way for them to push the story forward besides 'guy accidentally gets impregnated by an alien'. We've already seen that like 10 times already

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
Is the ingenuity, originality, and creativity of Hollywood absent or is it handicapped by something? I refuse to believe with all of the bright minds that exist in writing and producing, better movies aren't made. Are they afraid to take risks? Do they stick to a "proven regurgitated formula"?

• 1Like

amigo

Lord Nagafen Raider
Boring, same old only worse, Prometheus level stupidity starts at ~45min and keeps going... Apart from David/Walter, zero fucks given about any other character. Compared to Aliens it's pathetic in that department, and that was an action flick.
Engineers and their world building stuff would be interesting for me personally, nah lets just goo them.
Best part of the movie: ahole was pretty much dead on arrival (Franco).

• 1Like

Dr Neir

Trakanon Raider
My impression from LV 426 engineer ship, eggs were in transit. Light beam reacted when broken. I assumed the engineer knew it was infected and tried to crash the ship with a warning to other engineers to stay away. High nitrogen, no oxygen gas in the chamber, unknown on the planet for gases. Unknown what happened to the chest buster.

George...ehmm, meant Cameron strays from that, things wont work out too good.

- Can you see anything?
- I don't know... A cave.
I don't know,
but it's like the goddamn tropics in here.
What the hell is this?
The pit is completely enclosed.
And it's full of leathery objects,
like eggs or something.
There's a layer of mist covering the eggs
that reacts when broken.
Kane? Are you all right?
Yeah, I'm OK. All right.
I'm OK, I just slipped.
It appears to be completely sealed.
Wait a minute, there's movement.

Read more: Alien (1979) Movie Script | SS

Egg%20chamber%20from%20Alien.jpg
tumblr_l4ugpvMupa1qa1o5zo1_1280.jpg
aW5jdpC.jpg
tumblr_lsf7jonnxV1qfr6udo1_400.gif
tumblr_lsf7jonnxV1qfr6udo3_400.gif
alien-eggs.jpg

• 1Like

Oldbased

> Than U
Is the ingenuity, originality, and creativity of Hollywood absent or is it handicapped by something? I refuse to believe with all of the bright minds that exist in writing and producing, better movies aren't made. Are they afraid to take risks? Do they stick to a "proven regurgitated formula"?
I'm having a hard time believing it is the scripters/writers fault anymore. They work in massive teams who have teams researching and backing them up even. Scream even halfway verified this when talking about his tasking teams.
I think it is these big name producers/directors who come on the set and see all this story and film some guy jerking himself off instead because he da boss.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Continuity is a word that means more paychecks and nothing else to these people.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
And now, shit that pissed me off

7 years mission costing probably trillions, the weight of 2000 people's hopes and lives on your shoulder, and you're making a pit stop to an uncharted unknown planet cause you caught a spooky signal and your crew doesn't feel like going back to cryo sleep just yet? Mother fucker this isn't star trek. Get back in your pods bitches we got shit to do.

Since when do we fucking land on an uncharted planet with no mask or equipment and no concerns for airborne pathogens and organisms? Shit even a mosquito equivalent from an alien planet would be a scary as fuck prospect.

The Ripley lite chick nails David under the chin, and that hole/scar is nowhere to be found later when they get back on the ship. I sure as fuck thought that's what she was gonna see under his chin from the angle of her cryo pod but nope, it was his awkward face cause of the wood house bullshit. Shaking my head.

Walter is self healing, and we see David stitching his own face. Hello? It's not fucking Walter wtf.

Slipping on the blood on the floor, fucking your own ankle in the door, putting your face on top of a creepy looking alien egg cause the android you just met say it's perfectly safe no problem, divulging to said android 5 minutes after meeting him you carry 2000 people in cryo sleep.

The dude lives in a fucking giant alien graveyard and keeps weird fucking dead creatures in his lab.

Sex in the shower. I mean the chick was hot as fuck, but you just lost 80 percent of your crew to a very aggressive bio experiment, someone should be fucking monitoring what's going in the med lab with the dude who got face hugged and lost half his jaw.

Why are fucking Xenos growing to adult size literally minutes after bursting out. Hell even in the original alien, or in alien 3, those fuckers had to molt a couple times before reaching adult size.

Baby white Xeno eating a shotgun shell to the face, no problem. Fucker should have been a splatter mark on the wall.

You JUST saw David talking to a fucking adult white xeno and get upset when you killed it, he just SHOWED you his mad scientist lab, but IT'S OK TO LOOK DOWN IN THE EGG? No one is that fucking stupid.

Yeah bro, put your nose right next to that fucking mushroom, I'm sure it's safe.

I'm on team David, wipe them all.
Bruh, you know how dumb Millenials are now? How they all fell for that Ja Rule fail concert? They get even dumberer in the future.

David is literally the smartest person in the whole universe, and they created dumber versions of him!(walter), so the dumberer ppl don't feel so inferior.

• 1Like

drazon

Lord Nagafen Raider
7/10 for me. Pretty much the items discussed previously. I felt they kind of got the "tone" right at the beginning when they make first contact, but then the Aliens just dispatched of the humans way to quickly. It was more action then really horror or suspense. As in, when you saw a kill, it was literally seconds, and there was not running or tension or fear. I was waiting for a scene kind of like Jurassic Park and the raptors where they Alien is stalking these people, but it never really happened.

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Bruh, you know how dumb Millenials are now? How they all fell for that Ja Rule fail concert? They get even dumberer in the future.

David is literally the smartest person in the whole universe, and they created dumber versions of him!(walter), so the dumberer ppl don't feel so inferior.

Wait a fucking minute.

Shitty planning, people getting assaulted by the locals, overall shitty experience.

The covenant was on its way to a fucking party!

Neki

Molten Core Raider
There has been a theory floating about regarding the origin of the Facehugger that I really like

Shaw most probably had been killed by David and he dissected her body for experimentation to perfect his Alien creation. It had been suggested from the fleeting shot of her body that he removed her spine to make the Facehugger's tail; her fingers for the claws in which to attached itself to the host's face; her ovaries and fellopian tubes to produce and transfer the alien eggs and her vagina as the mouth/opening that it uses to pump the egg into the host when it had attached itself.

I can certainly see the similarities and reinforced everyone's thinking that the Facehugger always had the appearance of a cunt.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
There has been a theory floating about regarding the origin of the Facehugger that I really like

Shaw most probably had been killed by David and he dissected her body for experimentation to perfect his Alien creation. It had been suggested from the fleeting shot of her body that he removed her spine to make the Facehugger's tail; her fingers for the claws in which to attached itself to the host's face and her vagina as the mouth/opening that it uses to pump the egg into the host when it had attached itself.

I can certainly see the similarities and reinforced everyone's thinking that the Facehugger always had the appearance of a cunt.

EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

+1

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>

Shaw most probably had been killed by David and he dissected her body for experimentation to perfect his Alien creation. It had been suggested from the fleeting shot of her body that he removed her spine to make the Facehugger's tail; her fingers for the claws in which to attached itself to the host's face and her vagina as the mouth/opening that it uses to pump the egg into the host when it had attached itself.

HOLY SHIT, they are human fingers!!!
IMG_0229_zps4b82bb08.jpg

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>

Shaw most probably had been killed by David and he dissected her body for experimentation to perfect his Alien creation. It had been suggested from the fleeting shot of her body that he removed her spine to make the Facehugger's tail; her fingers for the claws in which to attached itself to the host's face; her ovaries and fellopian tubes to produce and transfer the alien eggs and her vagina as the mouth/opening that it uses to pump the egg into the host when it had attached itself.

Of course it looked like a pussy, HR Giger designed the original, and ton of his art is dicks and vaginas. I'm sure his inspiration was vaginas birth life, so I'm going to design a crazy pussy monster with grabber hands.

913546cd3742b0da39ac6f2eb9aee95f.jpg

Phallic headed aliens:

21000.jpg

Oh, and the movie was pretty bad. By the time we get to the aliens running around (especially on the ship), I was looking at my watch to see how much I had left to endure. Film looked great, but who gives a shit about any of the characters other then David and Walter. The next film should just be David doing his experiments and running into some Engineers, then hijinks ensue...

Szlia

Considering the work of H R Giger who designed the bestiary, there is very little doubt of the sexual nature of the facehugger.

• 1Like

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
So at what point does David discover time travel so that he can go back in time a thousand years or so to give the predators the xenomorphs so the predators can setup the back story to the AVP movies?

I honestly wonder if Ridley even knows they made two(3 if you count the second predator movie) AVP movies set in modern times.

Dr Neir

Trakanon Raider
Writers and directors and producers are all at fault for crapping movies as well the purse holder Execs. Transformers....