Alien: Covenant (2017)

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Both Prometheus / Covenant have really good production / cinematography. Somes scenes are just plain gorgeous. In my opinion what's off is the writing. Characters are either dumb, shallow or just here for the plot's sake. Alien had a minimal story, and it did good at developing it (space jockey, Weyland-Kutanagi's android mission, etc). Prometheus / Covenant have stories, they're just trying too hard explaining the story rather than developing it. You know writing is bad when dumb characters are only here to serve the plot.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ichu

Molten Core Raider
Probably more like this.
AAA11.jpg

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The movie couldn't decide what kind of movie it wanted to be so it just kinda happened and then ended. Not sure if I watched an action movie, drama, thriller, horror movie, comedy, or homoerotic tale of two brothers realizing their true love for one another.

• 1Solidarity

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
My hope is Disney takes it away from him and continues with out him as anything but a lore advisor.

• 2Like
  • 2Barf

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>
The Xeno queen decides that her life isn't just about making eggs and she wants to be a career oriented murder machine.

First human xeno relationship that is consentual.

Predators decide that hunting for trophies is barbaric and work on a catch and release program.

Men are the real villains, the Company wants to exploit the poor Aliens for their supply of Unobtanium.

Last edited:
  • 4Worf

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
My hope is Disney takes it away from him and continues with out him as anything but a lore advisor.

Yea, they should do that. Look how it turned out for Star Wars....countdown to when the Xeno's start with comedic slapstick..

Oldbased

> Than U
Ridley Scott's reign of terror is over, at least for now
Alien: Covenant Sequel Reportedly Canceled By Fox

saw Covenant a few weeks ago and man even though I knew it was a piece of shit going in, I just couldn't believe how shitty it actually was. It makes Prometheus look like The Godfather
I've still yet to see it although I've seen sections of 2-15 minutes in various clips and whatnot.
They could have had something HUGE here given how Prometheus ended. A whole branch off of AvEngineer movies, a real sequel to the first one or even a human, alien, engineer, predator whammer. Nope they had a SJW emo crew script written by what would seem to be a panda bear. GG.

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>
The way you guys described this movie, every time I consider watching it, I come in here and some poor sap has already done the same only to report back on what a shit show it is, so I haven't even bothered.

• 1Solidarity

spronk

FPS noob
Alien TV Series from Ridley Scott Reportedly Heading to Hulu
Following speculation that an Alien TV show was in development with Fox, a new report has emerged that a second series could be heading to Hulu.

According to HN Entertainment, Ridley Scott will continue to help oversee the property as executive producer with his production company Scott Free Productions at the helm of the Hulu series. This new report also states it could be a multi-season show tackling various eras and cornerstones of the Alien franchise.

• 2Like
  • 1Direct to DVD
  • 1Solidarity

Fedor

<Banned>
the xenomorph yelled "this is maga world" and dripped basic blood on him after lynching him with its tail

AlienCovenantInterview.jpg

• 6Worf
  • 3Like
Reactions: 8 users

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Not even Netflix, you know it's shit.
Fox owns or has a partnership with Hulu. So it makes sense. That being said iy will probably be shit.

If it's not though I am all for it.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Hollywood has become adept at producing beautiful piles of shit.

Yeah... it's fucking with my movie watching too as a really good looking movie trumps most other qualities for me, but they're somehow making the rest of the movie so incredibly poorly that it brings it into this weird teetering mess where I can't decide if I actually like the movie or not. I can't even completely hate TLJ because it's such a good looking movie. The last two Alien movies had the same effect.

Lipstick on a pig.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users