Alien: Covenant (2017)

spronk

FPS noob
Ridley Scott Will Direct Upcoming 'Alien' Prequel
Ridley Scott will return to the Alien movie franchise to direct an upcoming prequel film.
The legendary director recently spoke with Variety to revisit the movie franchise he helped bring to life. During the interview, Scott revealed that he plans to commemorate the 40th anniversary of the original Alien film by directing another prequel film. According to Variety, the movie is still in "the script phase."

oh joy

• 2Direct to DVD
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Please retcon away covenant and make the sequel to Prometheus we all deserve!

Last edited:
  • 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
How can at least one person in the business not know that if you capture even a small fraction of the suspense/horror that made 1 so good or the action/fear/bropower that made 2 so good that you would have a license to print money? How can movies like 3 exist (objectionably one of the 10 worst movies of all time, let alone a bad part of the canon - even with Tywin Lannister in it)? At least 4 made an effort but then Dune guy made out with plexiglass, CSI dude ricocheted a shot off two pipes, and the movie shit itself and then finally the alien baby got sucked inside out.

Why can there not be another Aliens?? Or even T2? I mean T2 existed even WITH Edward Furlong being his terrible self and the "I SAID NO KILLING".

WHAT IS WRONG WITH CREATIVE PEOPLE????????

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 3 users

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
How can at least one person in the business not know that if you capture even a small fraction of the suspense/horror that made 1 so good or the action/fear/bropower that made 2 so good that you would have a license to print money? How can movies like 3 exist (objectionably one of the 10 worst movies of all time, let alone a bad part of the canon - even with Tywin Lannister in it)? At least 4 made an effort but then Dune guy made out with plexiglass, CSI dude ricocheted a shot off two pipes, and the movie shit itself and then finally the alien baby got sucked inside out.

Why can there not be another Aliens?? Or even T2? I mean T2 existed even WITH Edward Furlong being his terrible self and the "I SAID NO KILLING".

WHAT IS WRONG WITH CREATIVE PEOPLE????????
James Cameron, Arnold Schwarzenegger, and Sigourney Weaver all washed out... and Hollywood is spitting out new actors like Jai Courtney and Emelia Clarke. I don't have much hope outside Keanu Reeves for a good action film.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
Prometheus was a truly beautiful turd.

This was just a turd.

I don’t imagine anything else that follows will be any better.

• 3Like
  • 2Solidarity

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Because you have the non-creative people with the money. They're making a lot of decisions that they have no business making

Is it that?

I figure that the non-creatives have always been the ones with the money. The problem these days is that they only want to make movies that give them giant profits and they demand that they spend at least as much marketing the movie as it takes to make it. Can you imagine how stupid that is for a non-blockbuster?

In any case, they refuse to take any kind of risks at all. They want guaranteed profit so they stick to making boring, generic shit and wondering why people increasingly stay away from the theaters.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Jive Turkey

Karen
Is it that?

I figure that the non-creatives have always been the ones with the money. The problem these days is that they only want to make movies that give them giant profits and they demand that they spend at least as much marketing the movie as it takes to make it. Can you imagine how stupid that is for a non-blockbuster?

In any case, they refuse to take any kind of risks at all. They want guaranteed profit so they stick to making boring, generic shit and wondering why people increasingly stay away from the theaters.

You're also right. But look at Deadpool. It's the only example in recent memory where the studio was hands-off and let the film maker make the movie he actually wanted to. And the results speak for themselves. for some reason, they look at that as risky

• 2Like
  • 1Seriously?

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
I liked Prometheus. Covenant not so much and they side stepped the engineers in a way that was just lazy and wrong. Alien 3 was not THAT bad.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
I don't HATE Covenant or Prometheus. For me they are guilty pleasures. I know they are bad, but I love the source material too much and the production value is solid.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

LiquidDeath

The theatrical release of Aliens 3 is a nonsensical mess. The assembly cut of Aliens 3 is actually fantastic. The whole movie is off, though, because it just threw everything we knew and loved about the ending to Aliens in the trash for no good reason and started over in a place we didn't need with characters who were unsympathetic, especially in light of the fact that they needlessly killed Newt and Hicks. Now, we know this was done due to production issues and studio meddling, but that doesn't save the movie from those specific and overwhelming criticisms.

• 3Like

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
They actually are in the middle of putting out the original screen play as a short run comic series. It's nothing like the movie.

• 2Like

LiquidDeath

Just watching the documentary about the making of Alien 3 and it looks like Renny Harlin is the guy who really fucked us. In the first 9 minutes he talks about how he wants it to be his own movie and not a rehashing of the others. Typical Hollywood bullshit robbed us of a coherent, cohesive sequel.

• 2Like

Inque

FunEmployed
Blomkamp tried to make a movie and it ran into too many "similarities" to Ridley Scott and Prometheus at the time, so Fox / Ridley put the stop light to it. By the time they got around to revisiting it, Blomkamp was too busy doing other shit and we were on the way with Alien: Covenant. Fucking shame.

• 3Like

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
Just watching the documentary about the making of Alien 3 and it looks like Renny Harlin is the guy who really fucked us. In the first 9 minutes he talks about how he wants it to be his own movie and not a rehashing of the others. Typical Hollywood bullshit robbed us of a coherent, cohesive sequel.

If you're interested in the history behind Alien 3, I highly recommend this video, it's quite enlightening.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users