Alien: Covenant (2017)

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
It's even worse because you have seen 3/4 of them already.

actually i didnt see most of them. i had no idea about any of these fucking movies

Detroit
Baby Driver
War for the Planet of the Apes
American Assassin

ones I knew about:
Kingsman: Secret Circle
Mummy
Blade Runner 2049

im pretty sure i missed another 2-3 movies

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
thoughts on the movie

there's 2 things I will give credit for in this movie:

1. the special effects
2. and the explanation how the xenomorphs came about. while its not perfect, david's thought process and his eventual breeding of xenomorphs makes sense as someone who wanted to become a creator, despite synthetics not being allowed to create, only to serve.

this is actually really shocking because the rest of the movie is full of characters making boneheaded decisions just like in prometheus. the reveal at the end (will you help me build the log cabin) was seen a mile away. did ridley actually expect people to be surprised or did he expect the audience to be in on the "twist" all the way through the third act?

this movie is only 2 hours long but it felt like it was going on forever, i think the pacing is all off here

anyways, a 5/10 for me at best. might watch it 1 more time when it hits the torrents. otherwise i'm disappointed

i think this franchise had something really special when it attempted to branch out with Prometheus and explain how humanity and xenomorphs came about, thats essentially why i was so high on Prometheus in the beginning. But after multiple viewings the movie just fell apart for me. With Prometheus and Covenant, they seemingly squandered that opportunity. might as well just introduce Yautjas in the next movie and hit full throttle to retardation on this shit show.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
Yea this was just alright for me, nothing special. Felt more like a movie about David, with xenomorphs as a backdrop. Unfortunately, it suffered from the boring retarded crew doing dumb stuff cliche.

You're really going to wait until he locks you in the sleep pod to determine if he is David or not?

Sucks because at that point I dont care if she dies or not, give us a badass, intelligent, logical crew member to root for. Fuck.

I agree with this a lot. This was really a movie about David with Xenomorphs in the background. I don't think its a bad thing though since the focus of the movie was to explain what David has been doing this entire time and the result is the cause of existence of this entire franchise.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
Movie was "ok" I feel they handicapped themselves with all the retarded shit from promethius.

they spent the first quarter of the movie retreading the dumb virus ooze shit from promethius only to get rid of it and go back to the traditional alien life cycle for the most part. I really enjoyed evil David making the aliens and he had a crazy scientist vibe going for him.

I truly hope this is the end of the engineer saga that promethius started and we can go back to Alien territory. We get it now that's how they are made move on.

What doesn't make sense is that if David made the aliens we know then how did they exist in the engineer ship in the original alien. Also how did the engineers have artwork of the modern alien?

This is the shit they need to explain.

I think we can forget about having any kind of cohesive explanation of Xenomorphs, Engineers, their life cycles, who came first, etc. This shit has been "explained" differently so many times that there is no longer any logic to it. Used to be facehugger, then chest burster, - now you have pollen virus, the 20 foot squid thing in prometheus that came out of shaw, all kinds of shit thats just made up on the spot.

• 1Like

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
To answer @spronk
30% spaceship, 0% engineer planet, 70% new planet, 5% Alien remake (no cat)

This is not accurate and makes me wonder if you saw the film, specifically....

The bulk of the film is on the Engineer planet.

Also, the film was quite good. By the way, if you have not watched the prologue videos released before hand, i'd highly advise you to do so.

Last edited:

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
Yea this was just alright for me, nothing special....

Film just came out today...how about you spoiler your post which contains the end twist? Just because you saw it a mile away doesn't mean you should spell it out for everyone before they see the film. Don't be an ass...

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Caal

Lord Nagafen Raider
I enjoyed it. Well acted, solid gore, setting A+. I'm still not sure why everyone has to be so damn stupid though.

One thing that really threw me off was the difference in how the Xenomorph moved. I'm so used to them crawling on walls, or just trying to be sneaky as shit. When the alien is just walking through door ways on his two feet I'm just like wtf?

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
I enjoyed it. Well acted, solid gore, setting A+. I'm still not sure why everyone has to be so damn stupid though.

One thing that really threw me off was the difference in how the Xenomorph moved. I'm so used to them crawling on walls, or just trying to be sneaky as shit. When the alien is just walking through door ways on his two feet I'm just like wtf?

when the xenomorph bursts out of the captain in the basement, stands on his tiny hind legs and raises its tiny paws towards david and does the whole "raise the roof" thing, and David does the same in reply - i fucking lost it. i just started laughing so hard in the theater, apparently i was the only one.

i was basically this guy

incredulous.gif

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

riptorn

Lord Nagafen Raider
This movie is worse than Prometheus and I'm not kidding.

You mean worse than Alien 3. Stop the hate on Prometheus. This movie however I let out a strong booooooooo at the end and my girl looked at me and said what are you a child. She then agreed it was a flaming pile of dog shit.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
what was your favorite part
I loved how just an hour or two after seeing their fellow crew members all get butchered, lenny kravitz jr and his wife decide to go into the shower and bang

also that fucking transport ship sequence, holy shit that was pants on head retarded

Also they got extremely lazy/cheap on the production values. Literal AR15s, Steyr Augs as weapons? Literal gopros(even use their little screw retention mechanism?) as their body cams? Seriously?

To think they put all the effort in Aliens to make this;

aliens-m-41a-pulse-rifle,M-P-271681-13.jpg

You would never know thats a thompson sub machine gun and a SPAS-12. The smart guns where MG42s but again you never knew.

Last edited:

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
I loved how just an hour or two after seeing their fellow crew members all get butchered, lenny kravitz jr and his wife decide to go into the shower and bang

also that fucking transport ship sequence, holy shit that was pants on head retarded

Also they got extremely lazy/cheap on the production values. Literal AR15s, Steyr Augs as weapons? Literal gopros(even use their little screw retention mechanism?) as their body cams? Seriously?

To think they put all the effort in Aliens to make this;

View attachment 140769

You would never know thats a thompson sub machine gun and a SPAS-12. The smart guns where MG42s but again you never knew.

that gun doesnt look that much different than modern guns and Aliens also takes place almost a century after Covenant. And in Aliens they are still use gunpowder cartridges and grenade launchers. im willing to cut them slack on this one kinda

the rest i agree on

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
that gun doesnt look that much different than modern guns and Aliens also takes place almost a century after Covenant. And in Aliens they are still use gunpowder cartridges and grenade launchers. im willing to cut them slack on this one kinda

the rest i agree on

I mean Hicks used this in Aliens

Ithaca 37 - Wikipedia

Wow this gun was made in 1933, that's like someone taking a pharohs sword into battle if Aliens took place in 2179

a_skeleton_00

<Banned>
Strong math indeed.

I loved this movie.

Why do people bang in the shower, because they can? If you have a hottie you slam that shit whenever you want.

The alien was absolutely incredible and had me tense up a few times. Death all around and the hot fassbender scene had my attention.

The reasoning for the changes in the aliens and even Prometheus make sense if you listen to David's dialogue and look at the walls while he's explaining.

Movie was raw as FUCK.

• 1Like

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
I felt absolutely no tension in this movie whatsoever, and all those alien scenes were stale as fuck, all the way to the final battle where alien gets killed by being blown out of an airlock. They couldnt even be bothered to make the ending different from Aliens.

The alien parts of the movie were easily the worst and most predictable parts of this film, bexause theres zero mystique to the creature anymore. Weve seen this done before and and much better

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Up until 1800s people still fought with swords.
Its not the fact theyre using gunpowder firearms, its the fact they told the prop guy go down to the local gun store and buy 10-15 cool looking rifles to throw in the movie. Beyond lazy.