Aliens: Fireteam

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
Looks pretty uninspired to me, I agree it looks like a modded Colonial Marines, and I think the Alien universe is better explored in games like Isolation rather than shooters, even if I loved Aliens.

Now reskin this game entirely to be in the Starship Troopers universe with the tag line "Have Fun, That's An Order" and it'd sell a lot better I bet. ST bugs play shooting-fodder a lot better than xenomorphs.

• 1Weird Boner
Reactions: 1 user

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I want an Alien survival FPS that isnt shit before I die please.

• 2Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I want an Alien survival FPS that isnt shit before I die please.
Good One Lol GIF by Justin

• 1Like

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
25 Minutes of Gameplay

I hate the animation of the characters. The graphics overall look pretty good though. It does look pretty generic as far as gameplay. That may be because they showed no more than a few aliens coming at the marines at once? 20 different alien types seems pretty cool though.

Their commentary was atrocious. Get a PR guy that can hype your game up as you play. I wanted to mute them all.

Doesn't look like hot shit so far! That's a good sign!

• 1Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Is it really that hard to make a Weyland facility hive raid game (or movie) with a predator jumping around?

Especially given that people really want it?

• 1Like

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
I hate the animation of the characters. The graphics overall look pretty good though. It does look pretty generic as far as gameplay. That may be because they showed no more than a few aliens coming at the marines at once? 20 different alien types seems pretty cool though.

Their commentary was atrocious. Get a PR guy that can hype your game up as you play. I wanted to mute them all.

Doesn't look like hot shit so far! That's a good sign!
Yeah they always sound the same. Like the fake team they had in all the division promos and shit.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
AVP1 had some of the most fun MP in a shooter I can ever remember. I like that they did not try to make the three factions equal, but rather adjusted points scored based on what you killed and who did it. AVP2 was pretty good, too, but I just liked the first one a little more. I got pretty good and speed crawling walls and smashing lights as the alien. Ideal LAN party would be one predator, two or three xenos and the rest marines. So much fun. SP campaigns in both games were pretty fun, too.

Isolation was a good game, it was just a horror survival game and not what fans of the older AVP games wanted.

I do not expect that from this game, but I hope to be pleasantly surprised.

• 1Like

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Isolation was a good game, it was just a horror survival game and not what fans of the older AVP games wanted.
It’s an amazing game with awesome writing. I’ve replayed it 3 times.

OG AvP is awesome but definitely some rose tinted glasses going on. It was fun at Lan but we would soon switch back over to God emperor Tribes / Quake.

Barellron

Trakanon Raider
8 minutes into the gameplay video you can hear a string of bullshit when the question of replayability gets asked.
Meh.

• 1Worf
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 users

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Where's the aliens game that lets us play as an alien and capture people for our glorious queen while evading/ambushing colonial marines.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Where is the aliens game that let’s me play as the hero Burke? I wanna send Newts dad to check out the /loc of some Alien ship.

You gotta climb the cutthroat corporate ladder while at the same time dealing with grunts and blue collar scum.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Another thing I am noticing is some of the Aliens are bullet sponges, which is counter to the lore and screams "generic shooter".

• 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
It does not look that bad. It all depends on the mission variety and how many..If there is a RPG element of leveling up and gearing out, etc...

Last edited:

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Where's the aliens game that lets us play as an alien and capture people for our glorious queen while evading/ambushing colonial marines.

That would require effort. You aren't getting any of that anymore with the Sally's making this trash any longer.

• 1Worf

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
Aliens vs Predator PC was great (qq moar about "hard"). The multiplayer in AVP2 was incredibly good to me.

Then we had all this garbo come out after... fuckin how?

Oh right, people "buying the rights" to shit and cranking out drivel with it. Where have I seen this before...
1629752135305.png

1629752157165.png

Edit - I know, it's obvious, but thought I would post it anyway.

• 2Truth!
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 3 users