Aliens: Fireteam

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Me and the homies bought it last night and it's very good, but also pretty derivative. If you like the L4D formula you'll have a blast, but also don't really expect anything groundbreaking either.

The loadouts/guns and customization are decent enough, but the real selling point for me was them using all the audio effects from the movies. The gyro-mounted gun sounds exactly like it did in Aliens etc. Graphics are cool, the aliens have some awesome animation of charging at you but getting their legs blown off and skidding to the ground and shit like that.

Story is uh, I didn't read any of it so no idea.

Overall like 7/10 L4D clone, 9/10 if you really dig Aliens stuff.

Edit: almost forgot, the whole thing uses a booster pack/box drop system at the end of missions to give you new skins/colors/decals/attachments etc. Interestingly though there's no cash shop to just straight up buy these booster packs which I found pretty shocking in the current era of gaming.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
This now 16 bucks on Steam. Worth getting a crew together to play?

It's fun. I already beat it on the hard mode playing on gamepass. It's free there. Very repetitive but not bad for cheap. They haven't really added much to the game. Smartgun ftw.

• 1Like

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Joined that Xbox PC for a buck. This is one of the games. This is fun as shit! Anyone else playing still?

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Joined that Xbox PC for a buck. This is one of the games. This is fun as shit! Anyone else playing still?
I’ll play with you Monday night if you want or next weekend

• 1Solidarity