Alita: Battle Angel (2018)

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
I think they’re fantastic. You can watch them on KissAnime. I can’t imagine this NOT being R rated.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Cameron directing = automatic watch. I'm pretty sure I still owe him lots of bucks for the glorious movie that is aliens.

Cameron producing? Maybe.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I don't really remember any nudity - but it's been a while. Tis 'merica so an android blowing up another one in a bloody mess is fam friendly pg13, as long as there are no nipples!!!!!!
there might be weird robo nudity remember the arms...
are very pretty b/c they come off a dead hooker bot

khorum

Murder Apologist
There was a nude scene with Jennifer connelly’s character after she gets blacked in the anime. I think her nipples were covered by a blanket tho.

Siliconemelons

Ahh yeah, that random slight nudity that stems from "if this situation were to occur in these conditions there would be nudity" never make it to USA film, look at ghost in the Shell and it's Barbie no-nips blobs etc.

khorum

Murder Apologist
Wasn't there a "similar" concept movie a few years ago... Tom Cruise? The whole "haves live up in deesky"
That was Matt Damon in Elysium. It's thematically similar but this arc of Alita focuses much more on the lives of the people on the surface and only alludes to the utopian conditions above.

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Preview looks amazing. The technology is insane. I can't tell if she's CGI or human, or if just her eyes or what. And with James Cameron? Fuck yeah.

Siliconemelons

Saw the trailer again on the big screen before star wars...

The eyes only bothered when they are the "focus" of the scene.

Don't know why he made them a big deal... it wasn't a "thing" in the anime.. Its like he wanted to make anime eyes irl...but only for 1 character when...everyone had them in the ova etc...because it was just a relic of the art style!

From the "bad guys" shown, it looks like it will go through the entire ova timeline... I just wonder how they will manage the episodic bounty hunter type thing in a single flow arc movie.

• 1Like

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
The first few Manga for this was maybe the first Manga I ever read, although I don't think I followed through to the newer stuff. I want this to not suck. Ya'll seem excited about James Cameron but I find him almost impossibly overrated (well, after 1994 I guess) so I was kinda sad when I saw his name on it :p I don't mind what the trailer has shown so far beyond the fact it's probably going to be crazy abbreviated.

Brad2770

Watched enough anime that the eyes don’t bother me. Gives me hope that Cameron stuck to the source material. I have never heard of this, but it looks like my type of anime, so I’m definitely looking forward to it. Cameron makes entertaining sci-fi.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Release date for this was bumped from this summer to Dec 21st. That's currently the same day that Aquaman and the Bumblebee movie open. Gonna be a crowded weekend unless someone blinks and moves.

• 1Like

Malkav

French Madman
That sounds like a pretty huge push back for something that was supposedly a few months away.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
That sounds like a pretty huge push back for something that was supposedly a few months away.

Yeah I don't really know what their reasoning is. Maybe they're sensing the effects are gonna take a lot longer than they thought? Fox did have an unspecified movie slated there so it may just be a case of needing to move it and that being an available date that works for them internally.