Alita: Battle Angel (2018)

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
<Donors Crew>
21d 7h 3m
Reactions
7,834 441 0 0
Aquaman... shitty HBO show becomes real.
Vinny Chase is the BEST Aquaman. It would be great if they re-did that scene also. Running down the pier and diving into the rushing tidal wave.

Fadaar

That guy
<Donors Crew>
16d 15h 10m
Reactions
1,987 129 0 0
When they announced Aquaman was coming to the DCU I was hoping and praying for James Cameron and Adrian Grenier.

Juvarisx

Florida
<Donors Crew>
12d 7h 35m
Reactions
1,407 73 0 0
Looks way better with updated cgi compared to the first trailer

Xadion

27d 6h 0m
Reactions
8,543 621 0 0
Indeed the CGI looks cleaned up and less jarring - the tear wipe still is, but any real/cgi physical touch still after all these years - sucks, it is a yugge "THIS IS FAKE THIS IS NOT" uncanny vally alert in the brain.

Am I ...umm... not remembering the plot of the anime? Or is it very much changed...

Also was that the "rich people world" - looks kinda close to the mainland compared to the anime - other than that, it visually looks nice.

Warr

Knight of the Realm
10d 7h 18m
Reactions
130 15 0 0
Plot seems way different than the OAV. Captured a lot of the elements of certain scenes though.
Still a little uncanny, don't care, will still watch.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
<Donors Crew>
4d 56m
Reactions
629 99 0 0
Yeah, looks like they've completely changed the storyline from the OAV for this movie. A little disappointed, but, can definitely understand why. The OAV just doesn't make a good 90-150 minute movie.

Tauntworth

Lord Nagafen Raider
11d 3h 53m
Reactions
2,887 147 0 0
Good cast of villains at least. Mahershala Ali & Ed Skrein aren't in enough movies/shows IMO. Hoping it's good as well w/ James just producing. Rodriguez is hit or miss.

Casper Van Dien is in this though. Odddd choice for a baddy, hehe

Lanx

Aten Ha Ra Slayer
52d 8h 28m
Reactions
29,374 5,851 0 0
disclaimer: i've read everything BAA

they are using WAY MORE than the ova, the ova is 2 chapters of BAA, this'll be half the movie the other half
motorball, more specifically it'll probably follow the ps1 game, and have the hunter/warrior be the first part and motorball will be the second part, thats also why there are so many ppl villians in this movie.

Dandai

Often mistaken for Paul Allen
<Donors Crew>
22d 9h 59m
Reactions
1,108 48 0 0
I'm not familiar with the source material at all, and that trailer makes the movie look very watchable/enjoyable. I may eventually get used to the embellished eyes, but I'm not sure why they decided that was so important when none of the other characters have them.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Prior Amod>
31d 3h 40m
Reactions
2,074 150 0 0
disclaimer: i've read everything BAA

they are using WAY MORE than the ova, the ova is 2 chapters of BAA, this'll be half the movie the other half
motorball, more specifically it'll probably follow the ps1 game, and have the hunter/warrior be the first part and motorball will be the second part, thats also why there are so many ppl villians in this movie.
I really don't see how they are going to cram any of the motorball in to this. My guess is this is only going to be the first 2 volumes of the manga with maybe a few bits from later on.

Lanx

Aten Ha Ra Slayer
52d 8h 28m
Reactions
29,374 5,851 0 0
I'm not familiar with the source material at all, and that trailer makes the movie look very watchable/enjoyable. I may eventually get used to the embellished eyes, but I'm not sure why they decided that was so important when none of the other characters have them.
source material isn't overly crazy

But most ppl know BAA from the movie/ova, which "animed" her eyes more

and the writer/mangka has drawn the eyes to match (this is current-ish)

But it could just be James Camerons jap fetish, i mean he did make a show called "Dark Angel"

Lanx

Aten Ha Ra Slayer
52d 8h 28m
Reactions
29,374 5,851 0 0
I really don't see how they are going to cram any of the motorball in to this. My guess is this is only going to be the first 2 volumes of the manga with maybe a few bits from later on.
since you know, then the last few frames you see Alita in skates and then later w/ her Damascus sword

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Prior Amod>
31d 3h 40m
Reactions
2,074 150 0 0
since you know, then the last few frames you see Alita in skates and then later w/ her Damascus sword
Shit, completely missed that in the trailer.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Prior Amod>
31d 3h 40m
Reactions
2,074 150 0 0
Lanx Lanx Went back to look at the trailer:

She's not wearing skates, but that could be the damascus sword. The bot she's stabbing looks vaguely like Tiegel from motorball, but I'm not convinced.

Lanx

Aten Ha Ra Slayer
52d 8h 28m
Reactions
29,374 5,851 0 0
Lanx Lanx Went back to look at the trailer:

She's not wearing skates, but that could be the damascus sword. The bot she's stabbing looks vaguely like Tiegel from motorball, but I'm not convinced.
it's one second right before the damascus sword appears, when she breaks through the glass, it's actually two different scenes

here's the scene you see 4 wheels for inline skates.

it two different suits, the scene i'm showing is her motorball suit, the scene w/ the damascus sword is most likely berserker suit.