Alliance: Heroes of the Spire

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Airship cost seems steep.

And an unequip all button would be nice. Dunno how much it costs when not free, quality of life thing tho.

Yea it appears (though maybe I'm missing something) that you're not supposed to get any more than the 3rd one at level 40 as F2P? Even then the airship bundles are nothing great so it seems you'd have to be a super-whale to even bother where you could concurrently run enough groups.

Ridas

Pay to play forum
Welp, derpie as I am I clicked the banner and started this game. Applied to alliance if there is any room for a newbie.

Aevry

Mobile Game Hunter
We're full right now and it might be awhile until we make it to the next alliance rung that gives additional slots, so if you enjoy the game I'd join an alliance temporarily or start a 2nd guild for the forums!

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Ryachart Ryachart

Is restricting comps to one of a character being discussed? It's kind of odd to see multiples of the same character in one team and I've seen a couple degenerate stacking comps.

Ryachart Ryachart

Is restricting comps to one of a character being discussed? It's kind of odd to see multiples of the same character in one team and I've seen a couple degenerate stacking comps.
This gets talked about maybe once a month, but it usually ends in trying to fix characters that are disruptive in multiples.

What degenerate comps are you seeing? Where would you like to see this restriction in place?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Ryachart Ryachart or @Hoopadoop what is the reasoning behind limiting the amount of members in an alliance based on level?

I think I get it but not sure if that is the best approach. We are getting to the point where we might need two but then how do we make it fair? Split up the whales evenly so everyone gets rewards in their mail?

It just feels restrictive and requires you to coordinate things with external chat apps. This doesn't keep people in game chatting where they can see specials pop up and entice them.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
This gets talked about maybe once a month, but it usually ends in trying to fix characters that are disruptive in multiples.

What degenerate comps are you seeing? Where would you like to see this restriction in place?

Specific debuffs on chars with long uptime. Can't remember the name off the top of my head but there's this red demon thing in comps that stagger so it's like 100% uptime.

It's not super awful yet but I can imagine some real bad stuff down the road with specific over the top stuff once people catch on and have opportunity to acquire. For example, quad Arctus with swiftsteel (I think) could get insane because at that point you'll be able to cycle aoe sleep almost constant uptime with keeping haste on all of them.

Arena is one area obviously, but my secondary worry is how it might affect balancing on new content/events where it becomes the new normal to stack a degenerate char to auto a specific piece of content.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Ryachart Ryachart or @Hoopadoop what is the reasoning behind limiting the amount of members in an alliance based on level?

I think I get it but not sure if that is the best approach. We are getting to the point where we might need two but then how do we make it fair? Split up the whales evenly so everyone gets rewards in their mail?

It just feels restrictive and requires you to coordinate things with external chat apps. This doesn't keep people in game chatting where they can see specials pop up and entice them.

Yea I dunno, if it's a big deal to give away slightly more free stuff, just up the cap a bit and randomize who gets the free stuff based on current caps and membership at the time. Have the alliance level increase purchase rewards number handed out/amount instead.

Very little increases the overall power of an Alliance more than adding more active members. Unlike some other games where Alliances are more a convenience feature for organizing communities - being part of the most powerful Alliance is the ultimate aspiration of the game. A lot of this isn't in yet, but you'll start to see where this is all going when the Alliance War is released and the Alliances of Fracture battle to become the most powerful Alliance on the Spire.

I'm sympathetic to the fact that your community is larger than the Alliance system expects. I will bring this up with the designers.

• 1Like

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
I'm sympathetic to the fact that your community is larger than the Alliance system expects. I will bring this up with the designers.
If there is an eventual plan that it all plays into then I get it. We aren't special. We will just make a feeder group if it comes to that. Just brought it up now because it is starting to become a pain point.

Speaking of that in the future what's to stop our feeder alliance and us colluding in the war for one side to lose? Bringing it up now so you can design for that ahead of time.

If there is an eventual plan that it all plays into then I get it. We aren't special. We will just make a feeder group if it comes to that. Just brought it up now because it is starting to become a pain point.

Speaking of that in the future what's to stop our feeder alliance and us colluding in the war for one side to lose? Bringing it up now so you can design for that ahead of time.

More to come on this. The short answer is that It'll be difficult for your feeder Alliance(s) to pair up against your main Alliance frequently without significant investment, but if you can consistently get 2 or 3 Alliances controlled by the same faction warring together it will probably be disruptive and we'll have to take action. =)

• 1Like

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
More to come on this. The short answer is that It'll be difficult for your feeder Alliance(s) to pair up against your main Alliance frequently without significant investment, but if you can consistently get 2 or 3 Alliances controlled by the same faction warring together it will probably be disruptive and we'll have to take action. =)
Sounds like you guys are in the right headspace just bringing up the sploits we would be using day one if you don't have that figured out ahead of time! :D

Nidhogg

Molten Core Raider
Maybe have an inactive roster for your alliance - they can't participate in Wars and such but still get mail spending benefits and get to chat with their peeps. Also don't get conquest contribution if you think that is a concern.

Maybe have an inactive roster for your alliance - they can't participate in Wars and such but still get mail spending benefits and get to chat with their peeps. Also don't get conquest contribution if you think that is a concern.

Not a bad suggestion.

Just a heads up: I'll be streaming tonight (~45 minutes after this post).

Doing barracks reviews, answering questions, talking about the game, etc!

• 1Like

Pyksel

Rasterizing . . .
Solid stream, definitely need to tune in more for those. Thanks Ryachart.

• 1Like