Altered Carbon

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Yup all in! Second and third books weren't as good but a good time. Looks like they are doing the second one.
Book spoiler
Take a Takeshi off ice that still believes in the Protectorate to hunt the orginal
Eh, this is the 3rd one based on the mention of the planet, the black chick saying his name, and that assumption.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Eh, this is the 3rd one based on the mention of the planet, the black chick saying his name, and that assumption.

Yeah, Woken Furies. I guess the only thing from book two is the fact his sleeve is black and the interface guns. Was really hoping they would have just done Broken Angels.

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
so the 3rd book the end of the series?

Correct. Third book takes place on Harlan's World, and revolves around Quellcrist Falconer and fighting his copy. I probably liked it the least of the series.

Second book is more of a heist / war story with shit about the Martians. Was a totally different direction than the first book, but still a lot of fun. Would have made for some great TV but probably more expensive to produce.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Eh, the 2nd book probably bored me the most. Especially with the deus ex at the end for the solution.

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
I am rewatching season1 atm before starting season 2. I forgot how good parts of it were, at least until his sister is introduced. I'm looking forward to season2.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Sterling

El Presidente
3 episodes in. Dialogue/writing is bad in a lot of spots, but the setting/concept is still top notch so it's not all bad so far,

• 2Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
I'm such a dork for this concept that I'll overlook a lot of shit. I loved the books, even though the 3rd one just went to shit.

One thing I'm salty about, though, is

it was made pretty clear in the books that stacks are nigh indestructible. They are the the most important thing to anyone in the universe, so they were bullet-proof, fire-proof, water-proof, etc. It took very specific ways of destruction to stack-dead someone while it was still in their body. Here in the first two episodes, though, they have the Colonels team cleaning up a whole mess of people with a single weak-ass pistol. It just takes away from the whole conceit.

Crazily enough, I care so little about the action scenes in this show that I just want them all to be over. I want only the mystery and the buddy-cop solution story.

Oh and Anthony Mackey isn't as bad as I thought he would be, but he is just not a great actor. He has no range. Everyone else just acts circles around him.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
It's made quite clear in the first book that you can easily put a bolt through a stack. Takeshi and multiple characters make similar statements about the fear of getting a bolt to the stack throughout the series.

Real death is a thing.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
It's made quite clear in the first book that you can easily put a bolt through a stack. Takeshi and multiple characters make similar statements about the fear of getting a bolt to the stack throughout the series.

Real death is a thing.

Are you sure? I've been looking online to see, but I clearly remember Takeshi arming himself with a laser specifically designed to melt everything in its way, especially stacks. It seems like a ludicrous step to take for someone who is so martially capable that he could one shot every single person in the stack if he so chose. I just remember stacks being very well protected in the books. Of course, it has been close to a decade since I read them so I could be horribly wrong.

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
Are you sure? I've been looking online to see, but I clearly remember Takeshi arming himself with a laser specifically designed to melt everything in its way, especially stacks. It seems like a ludicrous step to take for someone who is so martially capable that he could one shot every single person in the stack if he so chose. I just remember stacks being very well protected in the books. Of course, it has been close to a decade since I read them so I could be horribly wrong.
I'm sure he is right have reread many times and pretty recently.

Riker was taken down for supposedly shooting some dudes in the stack. They are not easy to break but a bullet will do the job, the laser is better, or you could just collect them and drop them in the ocean or put assholes into animals at fight rings till they go insane.

• 1Like

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
What's great about this ip is the stack itself. Everything else is secondary. The concept of the cortical stack is genius, and opens thousands of different avenues as far as story telling goes.

• 1Like

Sterling

El Presidente
What's great about this ip is the stack itself. Everything else is secondary. The concept of the cortical stack is genius, and opens thousands of different avenues as far as story telling goes.
Yeah, concept is really cool and very different. Just finished the season and it was very uneven but I like the concept so much that I'll be in for the run. Haven't read the books, might give that a go at some point.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
No way man. Kinnaman was WAY better than Mackie. I actually thought he did a great job.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Sterling

El Presidente
There's a bunch of movie stars that don't have range and it's fine as long as they're in their lane. You know what you're getting when you go watch Vin Diesel or John Wayne. Not everyone is Daniel Day Lewis. Mackey wasn't a problem I don't think. The badly written dialogue and mediocre choreography was very noticeable throughout. I do really like Conner as Poe.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users