Altered Carbon

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Raes

Vyemm Raider
I know people had a lot to say about Joel back when Season 1 dropped but the guy acted like Kovacs. From the first episode from when he's thawed out to the torture episode, I felt like I was watching older Kovacs but in a different sleeve. I never once felt that way during S2 with Mackie. Even the asian singer sleeve in the first episode of S2 felt more like Kovacs than Mackie. Obviously he wasn't the only issue but ugh.

Same for me. Once I saw asian Kovacs I could see that Joel was acting like him and it worked. But in S2 I felt like Mackie was acting like Joel as Kovacs instead of asian Kovacs, if that makes sense. Just didn't work for me.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

gak

<Gold Donor>
Kovacs was wearing a black sleeve in Broken Angels, so you can't blame that one on wokeness, it's faithful to the book.

He had nothing to work with so I have nothing against kovacs. With a better script I could've been more engrossed, but it was so boring the usual dykes and muh' empowerment they put in just irritated me.

Grez

Molten Core Raider
So, worth watching season 1 then stop? Like Westworld, Lost, True Detective, and a whole slew of other shows?

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
S1 has some really nice titties. That Latina is a smoke show.

• 5Solidarity
  • 1I Came
  • 1Like
Reactions: 6 users

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Welp so much for season 3!

Netflix canceled it. Perhaps watching the super nigress go and start her revolutions throughout the galaxy would get stale fast.

I feel bad for Poe.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Whats sad is they will do 6 seasons of some queer as fuck show no one cares about, but since they can just use bad cgi monsters and shitty effects they continue to crank out garbage.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
So I watched S1 long long ago and sorta enjoyed the attempt even tho they butchered the fuck out of a book I really love.

Today I was day drunk & had the house to myself for once so I turned on S2 which I knew was going to be disappointing. but I wanted to check in just to see how bad they did.

And it was insanely distracting to watch, because all I could think the whole time is 'Anthony Mackie is a Dollar Store Will Smith and I bet Chris Rock could kick his ass'

• 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
So I watched S1 long long ago and sorta enjoyed the attempt even tho they butchered the fuck out of a book I really love.

Today I was day drunk & had the house to myself for once so I turned on S2 which I knew was going to be disappointing. but I wanted to check in just to see how bad they did.

And it was insanely distracting to watch, because all I could think the whole time is 'Anthony Mackie is a Dollar Store Will Smith and I bet Chris Rock could kick his ass'
Necrobumping motherfucker…

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
I said I was fucking drunk, can you not read?
IMG_3590.gif

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>

I love the books, but they butchered the first season even though it was somewhat enjoyable until the last few episodes. I tried to watch the second season when I was laid up on painkillers and I could only get maybe two or three episodes in. Even drugs couldn't make it palatable. It was just so bad.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Zaara

I'm With HER ♀
S2 turned into a piece of fucking shit where they had a few set-piece ideas and the rest of it felt like a low-budget mid 2000s SyFy joint. Yes this is why I'm watching Altered Carbon, 3 episodes of random brown people out in the woods.

Fadaar

That guy
S2 turned into a piece of fucking shit where they had a few set-piece ideas and the rest of it felt like a low-budget mid 2000s SyFy joint. Yes this is why I'm watching Altered Carbon, 3 episodes of random brown people out in the woods.

Yeah the city parts were so nice to look at, reminded me a lot of BR2049