Altered Carbon

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Sad but not surprising. It was expensive to shoot and pretty niche audiance. I am glad they got two seasons to work with.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Izo

Tranny Chaser
no real surprise, season 2 was pretty meh
308495_v9_ba.jpg

Ren%C3%A9e_Elise_Goldsberry_at_Broadway.com_Audience_Choice_Awards.jpg

I can’t think of a reason for it to fail.

• 4Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Yeah lets see.... they took out all the nudity and replaced it with wokeness. The asians and Poe were the only good parts of Season two.

• 4Solidarity
  • 3Like
Reactions: 6 users

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
That and how would they even do the next book? I have watched season 1 twice now though and damn near perfect. The sister stuff is the part that brings it from a 10 to an 8.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Sucks because I'm an absolute sucker/shill for dystopian Sci-Fi. But, Season 2 sucked absolute balls in comparison to season 1 and season 1 wasn't perfect by any means.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
The Culture TV show amazon studios was working on was also cancelled sadly, so thats a bummer. HBO is still working on a Snow Crash (Neal Stephenson) tv show.

• 2Like

Cybsled

If Cyberpunk 2077 becomes a big hit, I would imagine that might inspire some shows and assist in securing funding, much in the same way the Witcher games got the TV show greenlit.

• 1Solidarity

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
If Cyberpunk 2077 becomes a big hit, I would imagine that might inspire some shows and assist in securing funding, much in the same way the Witcher games got the TV show greenlit.
They are making some Cyberpunk 2077 cartoon I think. That's at least something.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Sucks because I'm an absolute sucker/shill for dystopian Sci-Fi. But, Season 2 sucked absolute balls in comparison to season 1 and season 1 wasn't perfect by any means.

Season 1 turned to shit after the crazy sister shit. It was just a bad ending. I didn't even bother to look at a single episode of season 2.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity

iannis

Musty Nester
S1 veered off in really strange ways. First half was strong enough to carry it though and you could tell that there was a lot to it that didn't make the cut into a media format. It provided a lot of entertainment to me thinking what was being left unsaid.

I didn't wind up watching s2 either. It didn't feel like there was much story to continue. Haven't watched it since it aired but my impression is that S1 was self contained. The case was solved, the story ended. The political stuff with the humanist faction standing in revolution against the transhumanists is a different kind of story.

Cybsled

Each season was sort of that way, although season 1 did feel more self-contained. S2 was more open with 2 Kovaks out there and them hinting that they would be continuing the whole "fight the power" thing.

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
this show woulda been better if we didn't try to have this multiple sleeve shit and just have jap kovaks as the main lead.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

gak

<Gold Donor>
Sucks they ruined it but what else is new. Season 2 was so shit I'm glad they cancelled it before making it even "woker."

altered-carbon.jpg

velk

Trakanon Raider
Kovacs was wearing a black sleeve in Broken Angels, so you can't blame that one on wokeness, it's faithful to the book.

Whether Mackey did a good job or not is another issue entirely.

I didn't think S2 was all that bad, but you can't lead with S1 of tits and ultraviolence and then go pg13 for S2 if you want to maintain audience.

• 2Like

Skinner

Trakanon Raider
I know people had a lot to say about Joel back when Season 1 dropped but the guy acted like Kovacs. From the first episode from when he's thawed out to the torture episode, I felt like I was watching older Kovacs but in a different sleeve. I never once felt that way during S2 with Mackie. Even the asian singer sleeve in the first episode of S2 felt more like Kovacs than Mackie. Obviously he wasn't the only issue but ugh.

RT has S1 at Critics: 68% Viewers 90% and S2 at Critics 83% Viewers 36%. Just going to let that talk for itself.

That said I still think I would take a shit Mackie in a S3 Altered Carbon over not having a S3 at all., or atleast a spinoff with Poe. So much amazing potential and such a fantastic IP now lost in the void.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity