Altered Carbon

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
Just watched the final episode. Who will they cast for season 3 now, I wonder?
Doesn't matter they will probably decide to just do a show about Quell instead and say fuck off Kovacks

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
if alertered carbon is to be any good they need AMAZEBALLS actors.

look, the best actor on this show is jap kovacs, and he's not even supposed to be here except for memberberries and flashbacks.

i know you book readers are like "but use sleeve upon sleeve is ultra cool!!!"

but imagine altered carbon with a great actor, imagine karl urban kovacks. or do you want to keep nog kovacks around whom seems to have a hankering for computer AI abuse.

• 1Like

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Without spoilers, how is season 2? I thought the first season started amazing and was almost ScyFy quality by the end.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Kovacs will continue to be the main character. The tease at the end showing Poe with the human DHF or whatever confirms this.

• 1Solidarity

Sterling

El Presidente
Without spoilers, how is season 2? I thought the first season started amazing and was almost ScyFy quality by the end.
It's better than the sister stuff at the end of S1, but generally not as good as the early part of S1. Setting and concept are top notch. Writing and choreography is shit tier though so if you're not all about setting/concept you probably won't like it.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Izo

Tranny Chaser
It lacked hot nudes a lot. Well, the admin bitch was okay. But nothing compared to s1. I donno, I surf on the ipad a lot during netflix, might have missed some?

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Sterling

El Presidente
It lacked hot nudes a lot. Well, the admin bitch was okay. But nothing compared to s1. I donno, I surf on the ipad a lot during netflix, might have missed some?
No, there was only the 1 nude scene that I can recall.

• 1Solidarity

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
I liked season 2 overall, they made the stupid sister thing kind of have a point. Main issue being a lot of subtlety lost felt more like popcorn action show.
Book spoiler and season three ideas.
Season 3 could easily be about the AI ship battles and nano swarm gone crazy.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Kinnaman was just a way better Kovacs than I ever could have hoped for at the time and I regret not loving season 1 even more.

Yeah a SEVERE lack of titties in this season.

I really don't blame Mackie for trying to play a dude playing another dude.

• 2Like

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I liked it basically its an interesting adaptation of book three although it kinda goes in almost the direct opposite direction the book did but overall it works well. Not much padding going on so it moves pretty quickly.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Kovacs will continue to be the main character. The tease at the end showing Poe with the human DHF or whatever confirms this.
Yup basically poe backed up kovacs so we may get double the kovacs again.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Kinnaman was just a way better Kovacs than I ever could have hoped for at the time and I regret not loving season 1 even more.

Yeah a SEVERE lack of titties in this season.

I really don't blame Mackie for trying to play a dude playing another dude.
giphy.gif

• 1Like

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I liked season 2 overall, they made the stupid sister thing kind of have a point. Main issue being a lot of subtlety lost felt more like popcorn action show.
Book spoiler and season three ideas.
Season 3 could easily be about the AI ship battles and nano swarm gone crazy.
I actually kind of doubt that. In the end of book 3 they had basically gotten onto the orbitals and realized that the orbitals had basically been doing backups of everything that got zapped and that the elders were basically still all there and backed up. In the show we see all the orbitals going poof. I think that was there way of going the elders are dead and gone and their way of kinda cleaning the table of having to deal with the super tech space battle stuff so they can concentrate more on the noir aspects of the setting. This is why I find it interesting that they almost ended the series diametrically opposite of how the book ended but with both endings working well for the media they were designed for. In the book you can go as scifi as you want with no problem. With budget issues going more grounded noir is a LOT easier to pull off on TV.

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
Stacy Abrams for Kovaks next season! It would tick so many boxes.

• 2Worf

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
This season was just ok. The only thing that prevents it from being shit tier is the world.

I'm really sick of double sleeving, and everyone having a backup out of nowhere.

I also let out a big groan when he was hanging off the side of a cliff unconscious, and she magically finds/has a high quality tier rope to save him.

Last edited:

Izo

Tranny Chaser
This season was just ok. The only thing that prevents it from being shit tier is the world.

I'm really sick of double sleeving, and everyone having a backup out of nowhere.

I also let out a big groan when he was hanging off the side of a cliff unconscious, and she magically finds/has a high quality tier rope to save him.
...or her making him climb for the rope when she has a full meter seconds later. Quell is a Bitch.

• 1Like