AMA Pantheon Developers (OFFICIAL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Brad: What is something that did not make it into EQ & Vanguard that excites you to finally get into Pantheon? Or maybe it is a feature that the previous two games just did not quite get right, that you feel Pantheon will nail?

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Eonan

Doer of Things
For Aradune himself:
The Fires of Heaven forum community initially didn't believe that Pantheon would be created and blasted your team on these forums. You've cleared turned around public perception of the game and have the attention and complete interest of the entire EverQuest community. Was there any shift in mentality (or key developers, milestones, etc) that you believe affected the perspective of Pantheon?
Has there been any difficulty working with Unity's networking libraries compared to other engines, such as Unreal 4? The general assumption throughout the studio I work with is that Unity, out of the box, does not do networking across long distances well - at all. I would love to hear a success story with Unity's networking options.
How supportive is the Unity staff of your endeavor to make a AAA MMORPG in their engine?

For the artists/designers:
Have there been any performance improvements to Unity that really stand out to you in recent years?
How does Unity's automatic LOD system stack up to Simplygon in UE4?

For Convo:
Has the "Is arrows by" bug been fixed?
If you are not instancing raid content (what ever it is) how will you deal with the toxicity during bottlenecks and encounters.

Will Pantheon actually release?

:smuggly:

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Apologies if someone already asked, "Trex or Tyen?"

• 5Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 6 users

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Given the modern expectation for immediately-available fast travel and means to synch up with friends at a moment's notice can you still create a world that has an epic scale / true sense of place to it?

EQ and many subsequent games have suffered from the 'rush to max level' which then turns 90% of the initial game world into a virtual ghost town of largely wasted content. Do you have plans to address this mismatch between development time and time spent utilizing the content?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mick

<Gold Donor>
What type of guild functionality do they plan for their game? What is their guild limit size?

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
I've noticed that most smaller niche MMOs or MMOs that are still clinging to life are supported by the large role playing community.

With pantheon have a tools in place to Foster a non combat style of gameplay?

Collectables come to mind, a fleshed out emote system, the ability to customize. The ability to quick swap from non combat and combat armor sets etc.

It all ends up with Player housing as well or a guild hall/Tavern system. Is something like that ever in consideration?

• 1Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
1 more, will there be levitate as we know it in EQ? I already saw various forms of invisibility and see invisible.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
What percentage of the content will be forced grouping?

What will be the raid sizes?

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The way that loot is developed in WOW seems to be just over abundant, where as in EQ, it was a while before you saw your first piece of magical loot - Which direction is Pantheon going to take?

Cukernaut

Sharpie Markers Aren't Pens
<Gold Donor>
What is your betting guess on how long it will take players to discover every dungeon or zone in the initial release? :)

With a stated focus on exploration do you think the team is focused on rewarding that with many hidden or keyed dungeons/even zones or are we really just trying to get some base content out.

Last edited:

Shmoopy

Golden Baronet of the Realm
My Day 1 purchase decision rides entirely on one question - will snakes kick?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
How do you plan on encouraging community and ensuring that players "need" one another?

How will tradeskills be valuable to game?

How much of the content do you anticipate to be "open world"?

How will some primary attributes to character progress? Levels? Gear? Spells? Skills? Combination?

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
Will your E-Mail look like this?

Congratulations alasliasolonik,You've got seven days of access to the Landmark (insert game) Closed Beta, beginning now! If you redeem an additional Time-Limited Closed Beta key, that seven days will be added to your total. There is no limit to the number of Time-Limited Closed Beta keys you can consume. See below for information on how to download the client and begin playing

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
What, exactly, do I get for my dollar?

Also, Convo Convo , gimme dat invite.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I love lore. Can you telI me more about the Fallen?

00CED587-E98F-434E-8DEB-5C42A49B5826.gif

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Will there be deity rty options for characters, dedeity restricted gear, quests and varying faction levels?

• 1Like

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Rumor has it there is a crashed F16 in one of the zones with a troll NPC quest giver named Nayantu. 1) Does the crashed F16 tie into the main story and will that content be available on launch day? 2) Are you planning any interdimensional time travel modern day zones to explain how Nayantu got there? (Instancing or expansion) 3) Will there be a system to define when a PC/NPC is drunk and will automatically garble the words? 4) If yes to 3, Will there be a prerequisite for PC’s to be drunk to understand Nayantu’s quest instructions?

Thanks.

• 3Like
  • 2EyeRoll
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 5 users
Status
Not open for further replies.