AMA Pantheon Developers (OFFICIAL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wintermute

<Charitable Administrator>
So Convo Convo has put me in touch with the team over at Pantheon and they have agreed to a Q&A email from us.

I will be taking a list of questions, compiling them, and then sending them out.

They will ask the right person the right questions so if you have a questions for a specific team member it should get to them.

They of course do not have to answer every question.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

tyen

EQ in a browser wait time: ____
<Banned>
When are you giving us (this community) the beta invites. Question 1

/thread

• 4Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 5 users

Valorath

Trakanon Raider
Joppa was pretty vague about druid healing in his interview at Pax. He said that druid healing would be indirect, but didn't elaborate past that. He said that clerics would have big raw healing, and shamans would be healing through heals over time. Is it possible we could get any more detail about how this indirect healing might work?

How much impact will race choice have on a character's effectiveness in combat, outside of raw stats like str/agi/dex/wis/int? For instance, in EverQuest ogres had immunity to frontal stun, halflings had increased experience, etc. Are we looking at racial abilities ala WoW, or more passive type abilities, if any?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Srathor

Blackwing Lair Raider
Will you do a /em and animation system like in EQ. Where you could macro an /emote to various animations?

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Will my paladin be able to quest for a flaming two handed sword? Will I ever see any sneaky rangers equip it somehow?

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I had not been following this much even though I am very interested. I wanted to wait until it was closer to some kind of beta.

What kind of crowd control if any will be needed for grouping? WoW really went away from this and I am not a fan of that.

Will factions have an impact on game play, ala factions in Everquest deciding where you can visit and shop or will it basically be optional and fluff like WoW?

How will dungeons work? Will they encourage setting up and camping a spot for rare spawns ?

Last edited:
  • 2Like

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What is your vision for typical time played to reach max level?

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Needless

Toe Sucker
On a scale of 1-10: What is the estimated levels of brown?

edit:
Real question, since no game has really done it outside of FF11 since EQ (i think).

Any plans to implement 'epic' weapon quests?

Last edited:
  • 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

Noble Savage

Kang of Kangz
<Bronze Donator>
Whats the biggest mistake (or just a negative) from EQ that you are trying to avoid in Pantheon.

• 3Like

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Will there be any Blood Mage type classes in the game, or a class with similar mechanics?

• 2Like

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
For Aradune himself:
The Fires of Heaven forum community initially didn't believe that Pantheon would be created and blasted your team on these forums. You've cleared turned around public perception of the game and have the attention and complete interest of the entire EverQuest community. Was there any shift in mentality (or key developers, milestones, etc) that you believe affected the perspective of Pantheon?
Has there been any difficulty working with Unity's networking libraries compared to other engines, such as Unreal 4? The general assumption throughout the studio I work with is that Unity, out of the box, does not do networking across long distances well - at all. I would love to hear a success story with Unity's networking options.
How supportive is the Unity staff of your endeavor to make a AAA MMORPG in their engine?

For the artists/designers:
Have there been any performance improvements to Unity that really stand out to you in recent years?
How does Unity's automatic LOD system stack up to Simplygon in UE4?

For Convo:
Has the "Is arrows by" bug been fixed?

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
For Joppa: You Pax class interview was the the single most informative and hype inducing piece of media pantheon has put out yet.

Can we have more releases like that instead of scripted dungeon runs with little actual information?

• 4Like

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
One of the major hurdles for releasing a successful MMO is project management. You need to be budget and gate concious. All to often MMO's run out of development and release to early killing them in the cradle so to speak. Is the project on track to release the game you want? If not what is the plan to get it back on track?

• 3Like

Foaming

Lord Nagafen Raider
Given that you're not a large studio what are your expectations regarding launch content? Things like a single leveling path vrs choices in zones during various stages, higher level dungeons, end game content (raids, dungeons, epic quests).

• 2Like

Groove

Trakanon Raider
Is the perception system being developed in tangent with all core game mechanics from the ground up? Are y'all fully committed to it or could it fall by the wayside due to feature-creep and limited resources? Kinda like diplomacy and Vanguard.

• 2Like

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
If you are not instancing raid content (what ever it is) how will you deal with the toxicity during bottlenecks and encounters.

• 3Like
  • 1Worf

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
1.) Today's gaming culture has changed dramatically since EverQuest, now, young players follow the top twitch games and whatever their favorite streamers are playing, will you be trying to appeal to younger players at all?

1a.) Do you care about being a streamed game at all?

1b.) Do you expect the playerbase to be older on average than when EverQuest was released due to this new gaming culture?

1c.) Are you taking any steps to cater to the lifestyles of an older gamer? Such as limiting the grind to keep up with friends, allowing groups of a wide range of levels, decreased traveling times, keeping item inflation in check, etc?

1d.) Are you going to have any plans for the player that can only login for 15 or 30 mins at a time?

2.) Will there be any competitive aspect to the game whatsoever, whether PvP or some sort of PvE world boss racing?

• 3Like

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Must resist urge to shitpost.

Will anything be done to prevent datamining?

Last edited:
  • 6Like
  • 3Worf
Reactions: 8 users
Status
Not open for further replies.