amanda berry found..more importantly, awesome black man in cleveland.

Pinch_sl

shitlord
That 911 call haha...

Operator: Is that your address?
Man: I'm smarter than that bro, I'm telling you where the crime was!

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Same reason he asked what she was wearing? To identify her immediately, especially if she wandered away.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Anyone else think he looks like that black dude that was looting liquor during Katrina?

rrr_img_23888.jpg

rrr_img_23888.jpg

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I want to move in that house just to be that guy's neighbor. Bonus: Already built soundproof cave for my computer room.

I'm glad they were able to find them but what a sickening story. Of all the vile shit that humans do to eachother from torture, slavery, hate crimes, genocide and different perversions, I find this indefinite detention in people's basements the most atrocious and inhumane.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Is it just me or do the cops never solve anything in real life unless someone calls them and tells them exactly who did it and sometimes not even then?

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Is it just me or do the cops never solve anything in real life unless someone calls them and tells them exactly who did it and sometimes not even then?
Hey bro, when called to the residence to check on a woman in the house who was holding a baby and beating on the window like she wanted out before disappearing back into the home....police knocked on that door several times before they gave up and left.

SEVERAL times.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
Hey bro, when called to the residence to check on a woman in the house who was holding a baby and beating on the window like she wanted out before disappearing back into the home....police knocked on that door several times before they gave up and left.

SEVERAL times.
Look, I'm no fan of cops but they can't just bust a door down on suspicion on something like this. Privacy rights are in place to protect people who aren't kidnapping girls in their basement, you know, 99.999999% of the population. Let's not get reactionary about something like this. The person to blame is the sick, sick fuck who did it.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
You know law enforcement is a joke when they resort to asking people like Sylvia Browne to help them solve crimes.

Which, in this case, they pretty much did.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Look, I'm no fan of cops but they can't just bust a door down on suspicion on something like this. Privacy rights are in place to protect people who aren't kidnapping girls in their basement, you know, 99.999999% of the population. Let's not get reactionary about something like this. The person to blame is the sick, sick fuck who did it.
If someone reports that someone is in a home beating on the windows and screaming for help, I'd say that's reasonable cause.

I mean it could be a hoax, its true, but I'd still say that's reasonable justification for a search of the house, rather than a knock knock and walk away.

At the very least, there should have been contact made with someone in the home. Period. If they had to sit out there all day to make contact and see if the person will act suspicious or not, they still should have. This isn't a normal "Oh the neighbors are fighting" there are reports that people saw these men holding these women on dog collars, forcing them to walk on all fours like dogs in the back yard naked, called the police, and nothing ever happened.

Cleveland police have proven themselves to be utterly incompetent.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
Armchair lawyer incoming but I believe they'd still need a warrant for something as circumstantial as those reports. And while it's unlikely the police pursued the warrant, it also may be equally unlikely it would've have been granted anyway. We don't know the veracity of the claims submitted to the police officers. If it's something like "I think I saw a naked woman with a baby beating on a window", I can understand why the claim may not have been given the gravity the situation apparently required.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
This is an okay way to look at things. So why did no one go back to check things out....ever?

That's a problem. A big problem.

Also, CNN is once again showing how awesome they are when it comes to reporting. (linked from local radio station)

http://daveryanshow.iheart.com/cc-co...ticle=11267166

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I listened to an interview with Jim Florentine from the TV show "Crank Yankers" on Comedy Central and he said that the cops kicked his door in once because he told a telemarketer that his girlfriend was getting an amateur abortion in the back room (and he had his girlfriend and some other guy yelling and running a vacuum cleaner in the background). The cops had been to his apartment before due to a prank call and they knew who he was and they still did that so I would think they could probably do the same based on a call like this.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Armchair lawyer incoming but I believe they'd still need a warrant for something as circumstantial as those reports. And while it's unlikely the police pursued the warrant, it also may be equally unlikely it would've have been granted anyway. We don't know the veracity of the claims submitted to the police officers. If it's something like "I think I saw a naked woman with a baby beating on a window", I can understand why the claim may not have been given the gravity the situation apparently required.
The point isn't that the police should have kicked in the door right then and there. I totally agree they couldn't and shouldn't just be able to do that. The point is that they didn't do jack or squat really.

We know for a fact that someone called and reported seeing a woman being forced to walk around naked in dog collar in the back yard.

http://cleveland.cbslocal.com/2013/0...-it-seriously/

That right there should be enough evidence to warrant at least surveillance of the house for a week or SOMETHING.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
We're talking about a man who did this for 10 years without most of the neighborhood having a clue, probably including the people who sent tips in to the police. This is an uncommonly uncommon crime, who would be looking for it?