Amazing Spider-Man 2

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Wow... how far apart can people be on a movie. Lot's of 8.5 and 9's and then you get all the extreme negatives.

Can't wait to see it myself. I guess comparatively, I enjoyed these series so much more than the original my opinion is biased. I like Garfield as well as Parker/Spidey.

Again, I haven't seen it, but if the crying is an issue, that isn't Garfield's fault. He's just doing whatever a writer/director is telling him. In my opinion, any fault of Garfield has been as a result of the script in places where McGuire just couldn't carry the role in addition to the writing being bad.
rrr_img_66116.jpg

Dont let the McGuire loyalist catch wind of this - I agree tho - McGuire is like the next Keanu Reeves with his lack of facial expressions. However the scripts for new SpiderMan are not amazing but combat/webslinging is leaps beyond what was done in the original trilogy.

The fights seem to just fit more - i just wish the over the top cliche moments and out of place scenes would fuckin go.

ASM3 looks like it will have S6 + Black Cat, and possible introduction to Black Spidey suit - however if they are smart they will save Venom to the 4th and iirc last movie.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
If they are smart they'll release the IP back to Marvel so we can have some good movies.

/duck

elidib

Vyemm Raider
If they are smart they'll release the IP back to Marvel so we can have some good movies.

/duck
as great as that would be for us fans, it would be a pretty dumb move for them to throw away their money printing machine now.

if they were SMART what we'd see is the next one setting up the black costume at the very end, us getting a spawn and spawn only as villain movie for the 4th, and then a motherfucking Carnage movie for the 5th and maybe even milk it to a 6th. If donecorrectlythey can have a franchise that could easily top whatever marvel puts up against it.

Xevy

Log Wizard
as great as that would be for us fans, it would be a pretty dumb move for them to throw away their money printing machine now.

if they were SMART what we'd see is the next one setting up the black costume at the very end, us getting a spawn and spawn only as villain movie for the 4th, and then a motherfucking Carnage movie for the 5th and maybe even milk it to a 6th. If donecorrectlythey can have a franchise that could easily top whatever marvel puts up against it.
This is fanboy nerd-talk. They'd never do any of that. People don't know who the fuck Carnage is and Sony has no Whedon's to make unheard-of villains worthwhile.

...and they're making a standalone Venom movie.

Inque

FunEmployed
It was OK, I craved more Green Goblin and Rhino compared to Captain Dubstep. I agree with one reviewer, they Schumacher'd Electro and while the remarks/web-slinging is superior to the Raimi versions, I would've enjoyed this movie more w/o all the minor plot setups.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Electro was a dipshit in a yellow and green costume with a lightning bolt peacock on his forehead... They did a lot of work to make him into something really threatening.

Hootie

Silver Knight of the Realm
rrr_img_66116.jpg

Dont let the McGuire loyalist catch wind of this - I agree tho - McGuire is like the next Keanu Reeves with his lack of facial expressions. However the scripts for new SpiderMan are not amazing but combat/webslinging is leaps beyond what was done in the original trilogy.

The fights seem to just fit more - i just wish the over the top cliche moments and out of place scenes would fuckin go.

ASM3 looks like it will have S6 + Black Cat, and possible introduction to Black Spidey suit - however if they are smart they will save Venom to the 4th and iirc last movie.
There is no way they are going to do the Black suit in this initial run of the reboot. Maybe if it goes more then 3 movies. It doesn't really fit in with what they are doing with Garfield as Spiderman.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider

There is almost exactly a 0% chance there will be a Carnage movie. You cannot build a franchise for YA/Kids and then release a movie about one of the most violent villains to ever exist. The movie would have to be rated R and that wont ever happen.

Wow... how far apart can people be on a movie. Lot's of 8.5 and 9's and then you get all the extreme negatives.

Can't wait to see it myself. I guess comparatively, I enjoyed these series so much more than the original my opinion is biased. I like Garfield as well as Parker/Spidey.

Again, I haven't seen it, but if the crying is an issue, that isn't Garfield's fault. He's just doing whatever a writer/director is telling him. In my opinion, any fault of Garfield has been as a result of the script in places where McGuire just couldn't carry the role in addition to the writing being bad.
[/quote]

People are just retarded basically, the majority of critique I've seen of this movie are people trying to act like tough guys on the internet "LOL THURR DUBSTEP THIS FUCKIN SUCK". "LOL HE CRYIN WUT A FAGGOT DIS MOVIE IZ BAD". It's a comic book movie, if you're going into it thinking it's going to win an Oscar you're a fucking moron. You should go into wanting to see a story line that somewhat resembles the stories that you loved to read as a kid, and bitchin ass combat scenes of a guy in a suit kicking the shit out of people and acting like a smartass, which is exactly what this movie is.

Arakkis

N00b
Between those bitchin ass combat scenes I want to watch a story that I can relate to. So far, Marvel has made it possible for me to relate to a playboy billionaire philanthropist, a Norse god, and a scrawny guy that is hopped up on WWII steroids. Sony, on the other hand, has made a nerdy college student with girl problems completely foreign to me.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Electro just became such a throwaway villain. They also made him too powerful imo. The dubstep shit might have slightly made sense for the first 5 minutes of the character but to have it continue the entire movie was silly. The fighting itself is much better than the original 3 movies, but the character development is lacking in so many areas. Also I thought Rhino's suit looked fucking awful.

Bergraven_sl

shitlord
Me and the wife took the kid to watch it this weekend with some a friend and her kids. All the kids seemed to really like the movie, but us adults all thought it was pretty mediocre. me and the wife both said it was a waste of money. It had some good moments and I think Garfield plays spider-man well. The movie itself was pretty dull overall. I'll give my thoughts in spoilers as not to ruin some parts to those that didn't see it yet. And to preface, I never saw the first movie, so maybe my gripes were because I didn't watch the first one.

The Good:
1. I think Garfield plays spider-man well. Spidey was always joking with his villians and sort of a smart mouth kid. He had fun while fighting these crazy villians and that's part of his charm. I think Andrew does well capturing that spirit in his portrayal. As mentioned earlier, Spider-man with the fireman's hat on putting out Electro was freaking brilliant and exactly like how the comic would have been.
2. Spidey's combat seems very close to what i would expect it to really look like. I liked the slo-mo shots that would show how Spider-man would be able to see the action happening and what needed to be done to save others while defeating the enemy. I felt his travels around town were well done as well.
3. It's pretty. The movie looked great. Lots of visual effects going on and it looked fantastic. We watched it in 3D (ugh) and while it was unnecessary, it still looked pretty good.

The Bad:
1. Too much going on. The plot got muddy and drawn out and jumped around a lot. I felt the movie spent too much time developing plot points for the sake of having plot points. I go to comic book movies to see action, not the deep character plot developments. Capt. America 2 is a perfect blend of story development and action for comparison. I know they have to give you story, but I felt their wasn't enough action in this movie. You had Peter's parents story and background all just to set up that if Harry used the spider venom, it would go bad since his dad used his own blood and not Norman's. ALL that story just for that plot point. We spent a lot of time in the movie just building all that up, for little payoff. They could have just had Harry drink the venom and have a bad reaction, when he ends up getting "better" anyway not long after. I know WHY they did all of this, but it was unneeded.
2. Suffered from spider-man 3 syndrome. Too many villians and not enough fleshing out of them.
a. Electro is a classic villian, but Electro's whole motivation was because he was a nerdy nobody and now wanted to be known by everyone. *yawn*...they could have done much more than that. Having him this super geek felt too forced. The stereotypical high-water pants, pocket protector with 300 pens and a shitty comb-over is too cliche to be believable. I did like how his powers were done with him disappearing and the re-materializing. They could have made him more of a bad-ass than he was portrayed.
b. Harry becoming the green goblin for 5 minutes felt unneeded. They could have saved more of that for the end instead of having Rhino thrown in and built him up more instead of "oh...spider venom...AARGH! MUST KILL SPIDEY!...oops! Sorry, Pete, I was having a bad day, now I'm all better. Oh yeah, sorry for killing your girlfriend." I know they were building up to the green goblin. They should have had more interaction. It felt too forced to just throw him in for the tiny bit of screen time he received. And he was back to normal not long after anyway, so....wtf?! You just ruined all that story and buildup.
c. Rhino felt really dumb. I wasn't buying the whole suit he was wearing, it felt off to me and bringing back the guy at the beginning of the film, back as the rhino, just felt a little forced as well. They gave no background as to why they gave him the suit, what his motivation was other than just knowing Spider-man interrupted his heist at the beginning of the film. He just seemed like a minor character doing a heist that suddenly is a big Spider man villain. I know Rhino's not an in depth character, but they way they transitioned was a bit lackluster and confusing. And that's not even how he became the Rhino in the comics. If you're going to reboot an origin, at least explain why.
3 Gwen's death. I'm all for major characters dying, but having her die was very unnecessary. She was already on her way out to England to study abroad. Why kill her? They could have used Peter's dad keeping the spider venom as the motivation of conflict between Harry/Peter, or have Harry become power mad, now that he's the head of OsCorp with access to tons of future tech and losing his grounding and friendship with Peter. Then, Peter could be all depressed from having Stacy gone away, if they are wanting to do the gloomy route with him. So many bad decisions in this film.
Overall, I felt they had the premise of a good movie, but it got lost in translation and was executed poorly. It's pretty, and sometimes fun, but most of the time you're left scratching your head wondering why they made those decisions.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
There is no way they are going to do the Black suit in this initial run of the reboot. Maybe if it goes more then 3 movies. It doesn't really fit in with what they are doing with Garfield as Spiderman.
This reboot is supposedly 4-6 movies long and they already said they plan to do Venom at some point so its not a matter of how it happens, but when it happens.

Blackyce

Am I the only Spidey fanboy that hates both of those villains? OMG stop with the Venom/Carnage crap. So over used back in the 90's and 00's they both make me sick now.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Hahahaha holy shit that review was awesome. I'm not even going to rent this at this point, I don't think that can be topped.

Blackyce

Me and the wife took the kid to watch it this weekend with some a friend and her kids. All the kids seemed to really like the movie, but us adults all thought it was pretty mediocre. me and the wife both said it was a waste of money. It had some good moments and I think Garfield plays spider-man well. The movie itself was pretty dull overall. I'll give my thoughts in spoilers as not to ruin some parts to those that didn't see it yet. And to preface, I never saw the first movie, so maybe my gripes were because I didn't watch the first one.

The Good:
1. I think Garfield plays spider-man well. Spidey was always joking with his villians and sort of a smart mouth kid. He had fun while fighting these crazy villians and that's part of his charm. I think Andrew does well capturing that spirit in his portrayal. As mentioned earlier, Spider-man with the fireman's hat on putting out Electro was freaking brilliant and exactly like how the comic would have been.
2. Spidey's combat seems very close to what i would expect it to really look like. I liked the slo-mo shots that would show how Spider-man would be able to see the action happening and what needed to be done to save others while defeating the enemy. I felt his travels around town were well done as well.
3. It's pretty. The movie looked great. Lots of visual effects going on and it looked fantastic. We watched it in 3D (ugh) and while it was unnecessary, it still looked pretty good.

The Bad:
1. Too much going on. The plot got muddy and drawn out and jumped around a lot. I felt the movie spent too much time developing plot points for the sake of having plot points. I go to comic book movies to see action, not the deep character plot developments. Capt. America 2 is a perfect blend of story development and action for comparison. I know they have to give you story, but I felt their wasn't enough action in this movie. You had Peter's parents story and background all just to set up that if Harry used the spider venom, it would go bad since his dad used his own blood and not Norman's. ALL that story just for that plot point. We spent a lot of time in the movie just building all that up, for little payoff. They could have just had Harry drink the venom and have a bad reaction, when he ends up getting "better" anyway not long after. I know WHY they did all of this, but it was unneeded.
2. Suffered from spider-man 3 syndrome. Too many villians and not enough fleshing out of them.
a. Electro is a classic villian, but Electro's whole motivation was because he was a nerdy nobody and now wanted to be known by everyone. *yawn*...they could have done much more than that. Having him this super geek felt too forced. The stereotypical high-water pants, pocket protector with 300 pens and a shitty comb-over is too cliche to be believable. I did like how his powers were done with him disappearing and the re-materializing. They could have made him more of a bad-ass than he was portrayed.
b. Harry becoming the green goblin for 5 minutes felt unneeded. They could have saved more of that for the end instead of having Rhino thrown in and built him up more instead of "oh...spider venom...AARGH! MUST KILL SPIDEY!...oops! Sorry, Pete, I was having a bad day, now I'm all better. Oh yeah, sorry for killing your girlfriend." I know they were building up to the green goblin. They should have had more interaction. It felt too forced to just throw him in for the tiny bit of screen time he received. And he was back to normal not long after anyway, so....wtf?! You just ruined all that story and buildup.
c. Rhino felt really dumb. I wasn't buying the whole suit he was wearing, it felt off to me and bringing back the guy at the beginning of the film, back as the rhino, just felt a little forced as well. They gave no background as to why they gave him the suit, what his motivation was other than just knowing Spider-man interrupted his heist at the beginning of the film. He just seemed like a minor character doing a heist that suddenly is a big Spider man villain. I know Rhino's not an in depth character, but they way they transitioned was a bit lackluster and confusing. And that's not even how he became the Rhino in the comics. If you're going to reboot an origin, at least explain why.
3 Gwen's death. I'm all for major characters dying, but having her die was very unnecessary. She was already on her way out to England to study abroad. Why kill her? They could have used Peter's dad keeping the spider venom as the motivation of conflict between Harry/Peter, or have Harry become power mad, now that he's the head of OsCorp with access to tons of future tech and losing his grounding and friendship with Peter. Then, Peter could be all depressed from having Stacy gone away, if they are wanting to do the gloomy route with him. So many bad decisions in this film.
Overall, I felt they had the premise of a good movie, but it got lost in translation and was executed poorly. It's pretty, and sometimes fun, but most of the time you're left scratching your head wondering why they made those decisions.
After reading your spoilers, you might want to maybe read the comic or know what makes Spidey tick.

Your bad #3 is actually an integral part of the Spider-Man story and a defining moment for him. Just shows how much you don't understand him or the story.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
My review of that review: At no point in this movie did I think "Oh wow, they went Transformers bad with the advertising!" People used cell phones and laptops? Holy shit that never happens! Oh the company that made the movie used their own brand of stuff? No shit.

But as far as bashing on the plot and details, yeah that's spot on imo.

Bergraven_sl

shitlord
After reading your spoilers, you might want to maybe read the comic or know what makes Spidey tick.

Your bad #3 is actually an integral part of the Spider-Man story and a defining moment for him. Just shows how much you don't understand him or the story.
I was actually a huge Spider-man comic fan when I was young, so i know the source material well. I know why they did it, but felt they handled it poorly in the movie.

Blackyce

I was actually a huge Spider-man comic fan when I was young, so i know the source material well. I know why they did it, but felt they handled it poorly in the movie.
I'm a huge Spidey fan too and I thought it was fine and done well. Have been collecting Amazing since 77'.