Amazing Spider-Man 2

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
For how much longer does Sony get to keep raping this franchise before the rights revert back to Marvel?

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
For as long as they keep making them every 5 years or whatever the thing is. Which will be for-fucking-ever because even the worst jizzrag of a film ones like SM3 or ASM1 make hundreds of millions. They showed with ASM1 they can just slap some random bullshit on screen that barely has anything in common with Spider-Man and dipshits will eat it up.

Siliconemelons

that last scene in the trailer, where we get an over the shoulder shot of electro- the camera, the character placement is almost exactly (for like 1-2sec) the same as from a section of the spiderman 3d ride at universal islands of adventure

Column_sl

shitlord
Grimmlok is the shining example of you can take anything out of context ,and spin it to anything that you want

post the original quote dumbass

On the topic of creating super villains in ultimate spiderman.

That's why there is a mecha rhino. If you notice they also showed Doc Ocs arms, and Vultures Wings.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Grimmlok is the shining example of you can take anything out of context ,and spin it to anything that you want

post the original quote dumbass

On the topic of creating super villains in ultimate spiderman.
You quoted him saying those things were there, and then pointed out those things were there. Not sure what context I'm missing here. And it was just a mildly amusing little observance. Certainly at least a little out of context, my bad if that sanded your tampon.

edit: Image added so this post isn't completely worthless.

JAT8xpF.jpg

ziggyholiday

<Bronze Donator>
So Sinister 6 will probly happen in Spiderman 3.
Bingo. If you look at 1:20 of the trailer you can see there are 6 doors opening, so they might be going with that angle from the get go. OSCORP creating the 6 and this movie we'll see the first half and then in 3 we'll see the full team together.

What I want to know is why did they get emo peter from SM3 to be harry?! fuck

Blackyce

Silver Knight of the Realm
Hey lets add 3 villains to the movie! That worked great for "Spiderman 3", right???

Holy fuck.
They are bringing in these guys for The Sinister Six in the next or fourth movie. At least there is some kind of tie in and not just having random villian #1, #2 and #3.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
First one was decent and a better Spider-Man than the first three. Oh and I've been a Spider-Man fan, collector since 1977.
You are the people who baffle me. To see that Peter Parker who is a complete douchebag asshole and not clever in any way and go "Yep, nailed it!" just confounds me.

Had this argument before though so not going to keep dragging it out, sorry for soing it this much.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I never saw the first Amazing Spider Man, but the trailer for this has me intrigued. At the very least I think all of the action they showed looks awesome and very "Spiderman", as in very agile, quick, fluid fighting.

I'll watch the first one at some point soon and if it doesn't disappoint I'll most likely end up seeing this.

Beef

Other than the crane scene, everything in costume was great, movement and fighting style were damn near perfect. The problem is they had to toss a story in and it was painful to watch. It wasn't Spider-man 3 bad but it was fucking trying.

I had low expectations for this but I'm starting to think it might be good which means it will be "punch myself in the dick" terrible.

Blackyce

You are the people who baffle me. To see that Peter Parker who is a complete douchebag asshole and not clever in any way and go "Yep, nailed it!" just confounds me.

Had this argument before though so not going to keep dragging it out, sorry for soing it this much.
1 - Amazing Spider-Man is more similar to Ultimate Spider-Man than Earth 616 Spider-Man.
2 - I didn't think he was a douche. Douche was Tobey in SM #3.
3 - The Spider-Man action and fighting is much more like the comic in Amazing than the first three.

Blackyce

Other than the crane scene, everything in costume was great, movement and fighting style were damn near perfect. The problem is they had to toss a story in and it was painful to watch. It wasn't Spider-man 3 bad but it was fucking trying.

I had low expectations for this but I'm starting to think it might be good which means it will be "punch myself in the dick" terrible.
It was definitely a rush job to make sure they held the franchise but I agree, other than the crane scene, the rest was decent and enjoyable.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Venom easter egg:

In the sequence where you see the Oscorp computer file tree, there are a handful of interesting things. Weapons, plutonium, nano drugs, synthetic plant, Ravencroft Institute.and at least two slots that I can see for "Venom Storage."

viaThe Amazing Spider-Man 2: Venom, Mary Jane and Other Easter Eggs We Missed | Comicbook.com

Edit: Internet searching seems to indicate:

Venom's symbiote is revealed during the post-credits scene

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Venom easter egg:

In the sequence where you see the Oscorp computer file tree, there are a handful of interesting things. Weapons, plutonium, nano drugs, synthetic plant, Ravencroft Institute.and at least two slots that I can see for "Venom Storage."

viaThe Amazing Spider-Man 2: Venom, Mary Jane and Other Easter Eggs We Missed | Comicbook.com

Edit: Internet searching seems to indicate:

Venom's symbiote is revealed during the post-credits scene
So long as they dont fuck it up like the abortion that should have been SM3.

Spiderman is not all noble like Superman, he was always a smart ass. Sure he may not be as clever as he is in the comics but what the fuck did Tobey bring?

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
I guess i'll join the minority and say I liked The Amazing Spider-man. I liked the aspect of it being a solid action movie (the spidey fights were in my opinion as close as you can get to how Spider-man would fight) and the comic/fantasy portion of it. I know people don't like the crane scene toward the end. However, when my 6 year noticed the guy Spider-man helped earlier in the movie and saw all the cranes line up, he just thought that was one of the coolest, heroic moments ever. That's how super heroes movies should make kids feel. I know they're movies and the demographic is probably people our age but I grew up with these characters and I like the fact my sons love the Hulk, Spider-man, Ironman, etc.

I enjoyed the movie but it wasn't without its problems and my kids loved the movie. I'm hoping the 2nd is even better. In my opinion, regardless where the franchise goes or what it has done, we have something much better than the previous abominations.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
I liked Venom in SM3, F Y'all (rest was shit, but Venom was sweet (even Tofer style !)

As mentioned Action in ASM was solid, story was a pile of shit, Emma Stone can no longer play 16 imo.

Arakkis

N00b
Saying you hated Tobey McGuire as Peter Parker because of Spider-Man 3 is like saying you hate Natalie Portman because of the Star Wars prequels. Tobey was a perfectly awkward Peter Parker and wisecracking Spider-Man. There's nothing an actor can do if the writing, directing, and editing are complete shit. Spider-Man 1 and 2 were awesome movies and this new rehash is a terrible hybrid of hipster snootyness and angsty teenage feels.

Blackyce, I think you need to go reread those Spider-Man comics from the 80's and 90's. "The fighting" is not what made the Spider-Man comics great.