Amazon Prime Video Thread

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I enjoy that we're slowly moving back to the piracy model we had in the early to late aughts because Goblins can't stop being Goblins.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Oldbased

> Than U
do you use subscribe n save? or kindle?

theyre even really good w/ trade ins (i hate trade ins)
298aac2bf61492e4582562cc11f0e84c.png

but if you click on it, it'll look through your account to see if you bought something you can trade in, you'll get a varying credit (depending on whatever) but you'll get the nice 20% trade in coupon

and the trade in is free shipping of course, and if you decide that they aren't giving you back enough, they'll ship it back for free.

i traded in 2 smashed up tablets, just to get the 20%, i mean they were just in my closet in the "do i want to learn how to fix this screen and buy the new glass, etc..." pile, or get a 20% coupon on it.

i believe it's a prime only thing
I upgraded my 2017 10" tablet which was in excellent condition still for the 2021 fire 10"+ last Nov. USB C/wireless charging and some better specs. Used the trade in+ black friday promo. $38 my was my final cost after credit. Well worth it for the upgraded wireless charging tablet. I think those are still ike $200 or something for the plus.

I don't sub to prime for video either but I do use it. Mostly each month I see what was added, watch anything of interest like shit c tier syfy stuff.
I find it amazing I have the full prime/hulu/disney/apple/netflix/Max/Paramount+ shows available to me and 99% of the time can't find anything to watch. 10s of thousands of movies and shows and nothing seems interesting enough so I turn TV back to outside cams and nod off to sleep.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I upgraded my 2017 10" tablet which was in excellent condition still for the 2021 fire 10"+ last Nov. USB C/wireless charging and some better specs. Used the trade in+ black friday promo. $38 my was my final cost after credit. Well worth it for the upgraded wireless charging tablet. I think those are still ike $200 or something for the plus.
yea it's a night and day difference between any firehd pre 2019, thats when they started doing quad core i believe, i had an earlier firehd that was garbage cuz of the dualcore

Oldbased

> Than U
yea it's a night and day difference between any firehd pre 2019, thats when they started doing quad core i believe, i had an earlier firehd that was garbage cuz of the dualcore
Sad thing is I got the wireless charger doc and a sweet mount I can remove off wall and turn into a table mount. That tablet is in hall with cams on screen rotating views 24/7. With 24" tvs for $65 at Bestbuy and 32" for $79 I keep meaning to swap it for a larger tv as those have fire tv built in. Best security monitor ever for under $70 and actually use the tablet for shit in bed.

I have a voltage monitor on the wireless charger. Tablet only uses 5v .4a on 24/7 which is like 2 watts.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Sad thing is I got the wireless charger doc and a sweet mount I can remove off wall and turn into a table mount. That tablet is in hall with cams on screen rotating views 24/7. With 24" tvs for $65 at Bestbuy and 32" for $79 I keep meaning to swap it for a larger tv as those have fire tv built in. Best security monitor ever for under $70 and actually use the tablet for shit in bed.

I have a voltage monitor on the wireless charger. Tablet only uses 5v .4a on 24/7 which is like 2 watts.
oh cool they come w/ wireless charging now

Oldbased

> Than U
oh cool they come w/ wireless charging now
Just the plus model. Has 4gb ram, wireless charging and soft touch frame. So wireless and 1gb more ram and velvet backing. Think that is the only difference between them $60 more. Like I said I got it for $38. Going to try and repeat this year again with the one I got for Shelly 5 years ago.
I have 3 8" and 2 7" old models too I never use.
The newest one is the Fire HD 11"MAX but I don't think it has wireless charging.
Noticed lots of the new phones don't either.

Max has a slightly larger screen, bumped up resolution and better speakers and I think 2 of the octa cores are boosted a bit more.
My G91 Max phone still beats them in camera and octa score though and it is going on 2 years old. Nice phone for $100.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
It will end up like all the other streaming services. Once you put ads in people drop you like a rock.

Don't think you're understanding what people are saying. If nobody is subbed for the videos in the first place, they're not going to "drop it like a rock" because the videos they don't care about anyways now have ads

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Don't think you're understanding what people are saying. If nobody is subbed for the videos in the first place, they're not going to "drop it like a rock" because the videos they don't care about anyways now have ads
The people who *do* watch the videos will stop doing so. Instead of creating additional revenue, they are going to directly decimate the value of the programming that is there.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Feck. Just bought an ipad for the youngest for her bday. Replacing old firehd kids thingies.

Oldbased

> Than U
More likely it will come with a price increase even without the ads and more will drop for that. Prime used to be awesome for deals, still can find some good deals on there but with new sites popping up direct from China/Taiwan/South Korea you can find same thing cheaper these days. Meanwhile Amazon has inflated prices but often price matches Walmart on everything. If you can get it at Walmart at the same price, what use is it to have Prime? So Prime is in a cascading fall and has been a few years now.

• 1Like

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
More likely it will come with a price increase even without the ads and more will drop for that. Prime used to be awesome for deals, still can find some good deals on there but with new sites popping up direct from China/Taiwan/South Korea you can find same thing cheaper these days. Meanwhile Amazon has inflated prices but often price matches Walmart on everything. If you can get it at Walmart at the same price, what use is it to have Prime? So Prime is in a cascading fall and has been a few years now.
They still beat the piss out of Walmart on convenience. Delivering straight to the doorstep really is nice.

• 1Like

Oldbased

> Than U
They still beat the piss out of Walmart on convenience. Delivering straight to the doorstep really is nice.
You sure about that?
Walmart 99% of the time same day delivers items without any cost/tip needed.
They just forward the orders to door dashers even though it is 2 day shipping.
Amazon however still fails to deliver on time for most shit on the 1 and 2 day deliveries.
Like if I place an order for cat food/litter on site not store pickup or Walmart+ just a 2 day delivery. It shows up an hour later most of the time.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
You sure about that?
Walmart 99% of the time same day delivers items without any cost/tip needed.
They just forward the orders to door dashers even though it is 2 day shipping.
Amazon however still fails to deliver on time for most shit on the 1 and 2 day deliveries.
Like if I place an order for cat food/litter on site not store pickup or Walmart+ just a 2 day delivery. It shows up an hour later most of the time.
I am. The walmart here charges for all deliveries. Prime does not. If that's not the case in your area, that's cool. Probably like fast food every area is a little different. Denver has a huuuuuuuge amazon warehouse they built a couple years ago, so that probably plays a part in it.

Oldbased

> Than U
I am. The walmart here charges for all deliveries. Prime does not. If that's not the case in your area, that's cool. Probably like fast food every area is a little different. Denver has a huuuuuuuge amazon warehouse they built a couple years ago, so that probably plays a part in it.
Walmart has free shipping on $35 unless you have Walmart+ which is basically like Amazon unless you have Prime.
But without Walmart + and >$35 it is free shipping and like I said, all 2 day shipped items show up same day no extra charge, no request/info to tip.
Not sure how much clearer I can make that. They just check if it is available locally and send it out with the delivery services instead. It's a neat "feature" they are not obligated to do, but it happens quite often.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Walmart has free shipping on $35 unless you have Walmart+ which is basically like Amazon unless you have Prime.
But without Walmart + and >$35 it is free shipping and like I said, all 2 day shipped items show up same day no extra charge, no request/info to tip.
Not sure how much clearer I can make that.
Walmart here doesn't offer free delivery for regular users. I can't speak to walmart+ as I have never had that. Amazon has been extremely accurate on when things arrive. Same day, next day, two day, or whenever.

We have different experiences, obviously. For me, in Denver, Amazon is a better option for online ordering. They also have infinitely more variety to choose from. I still visit the local walmart and kroger for things like bottled water or anything that doesn't travel well like crackers and anything fresh produce/meat.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Walmart here doesn't offer free delivery for regular users. I can't speak to walmart+ as I have never had that. Amazon has been extremely accurate on when things arrive. Same day, next day, two day, or whenever.

We have different experiences, obviously. For me, in Denver, Amazon is a better option for online ordering. They also have infinitely more variety to choose from. I still visit the local walmart and kroger for things like bottled water or anything that doesn't travel well like crackers and anything fresh produce/meat.
When I threw my back out and couldn't lift shit I got Walmart+. It's 12 bucks a month and they charge 10 bucks per delivery without it. I was averaging 2-3 orders a month so it was way worth it. Also you get Paramount Plus with the subscription. Plus you can get fresh items delivered, which isn't an option for me at all from Amazon.

edit: You can also schedule your Walmart delivery to the hour you want it.

joz123

Potato del Grande
When I threw my back out and couldn't lift shit I got Walmart+. It's 12 bucks a month and they charge 10 bucks per delivery without it. I was averaging 2-3 orders a month so it was way worth it. Also you get Paramount Plus with the subscription. Plus you can get fresh items delivered, which isn't an option for me at all from Amazon.

edit: You can also schedule your Walmart delivery to the hour you want it.
I wish Amazon fresh wasn't so trash. Sometimes Amazon has what the stores don't but the delivery fees for fresh are crazy.

• 1Like

Oldbased

> Than U

The fuck they don't. Anything > $35 is free shipping. I don't have Walmart+. It says it is 1 day delivery but if I placed this order, it would likely show up in about an hour.
1695498440728.png

1695498551220.png

It's so odd it isn't a thing where you live. Walmart is fairly universal in policy in the states I've been in/traveled through.

But ya, even though it says Fedex/UPS ( notice no USPS like Amazon ) if it is a stock item they just pass up that cost and send it to the local delivery people instead. Unlike Petsmart and other's "free" same day shipping, no way to tip the driver where as others cram it on you.
All that said, it is almost impossible to beat Petsmart on prices since you get 35% off all new autoships and you just simply remove it after ordering and get 35% again. Even with their marked up prices it is still 20% under Walmart/Amazon 99% of the time and although Petsmart needs $50 for free shipping and says 3-7 business days, it comes FedEX and usually overnighted.

Amazon had their own delivery trucks and people for about 6 months last year and it was a disaster of joggers. Quietly went back to USPS months ago.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Eventually, Amazon Prime Video will be a separate service altogether. The free Shipping service will probably dip down in price a small bit and still offer shows with Ads. Prime Video will have its own plan, completely separate - that will cost the same as it does now without the other services offered by the package.

On one hand, yes this is Goblins being fucking Goblins. On the other hand, theyve blown their load in the last few years with shows like Rings of Power costing almost half a billion dollars to record, the IP rights itself, Wheel of time costing 80 million, then the IP itself, and every other massive fucking dildo flop that they mishandled the rights too. What we're really doing is paying for their fuck ups.