American Horror Story: Coven

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
i think there's natural powers inate/born/blood and then there's book magic. i think plants/potions fall under book magic maybe.

i don't think the resurrect spell worked, but rather it called out to someone that could res which happened to be stevie nicks girl and she came a running (and i guess her closeness to dead boy res'd him?)

does the black voodoo witch show any inate/blood powers? or is everything potion/spell casted from her? (i don't remember i think it's all books) and why is it only her.

the witch council, there's that guy on there, is he a witch? he's like the only male witch then, all the current witches are female, in the flashback (when fiona was at dinner tables) all the witches are female too, but at the trial/hearing there was a male there too (or was it the same guy but shrank? but the small guy seemed to be placed there cuz of fiona from their initial meeting)

other than that the only guys are servants, you guy the first time bald guys with shades that took zoe away and you have no-tongue butler.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
My wife made a pretty strong case for Precious being the next supreme. She could end up uniting the voodoo/witches, plus there would be added irony since Fiona literally breathed life back into her.

Regarding males, they made specific mention of warlocks when trying to detect the presence of the first supreme that Fiona killed. Maybe there used to be a lot of them and they've just faded/died out for some reason.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
but the daughter said that the supreme is/will be brimming with life, since madison had a heart problem she couldn't be it... and precious, i mean come on she's like 3ppl's weight, that ain't brimming with life, i do like the cool irony tho.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Yeah you're probably right but I just hate her character. She makes such bad decisions we might as well start calling her Carrie Mathison.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
i wonder if downs girl tried to make a play, she informed the council of madison missing. she basically went over 2 levels, the head mistress and then the supreme. and they must have believed her (trust her clairvoyant powers) that they just went right away to investigate.

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
Just realized the red head girl plant witch's husband banged and shot was the young version of the maid from season one. Knew she looked familiar.

Azrayne

Irenicus did nothing wrong
Wtf was that about anyway with the Husband? Kinda came out of nowhere.

Still really enjoying the season, but I kinda wish they'd stop introducing radically new plot points every episode, it makes things feel disjointed and leaves each storyline progressing at a snails pace.

I mean we've got:

Season 1 girl and her magical vagina, learning to be a witch
Fleetwood Mac Crazy McRezbot out in the swamp
BlondeZombie
Voodoo Lady v. Witches war
Supreme trying to escape mortality/prevent new supreme usurping her place
Council trying to pin her down for being evil
Daughter trying to get preggers, and apparently now getting her face melted off or something
Daughter's husband, who's... some kind of serial killer? I dunno, can't figure out how that's supposed to tie in with the rest of the BS going on
Oh and crazy old torture chamber racist lady adjusting to the future
And I'm sure I missed one or two

Just feels like they came up with a whole pile of cool, witch-related storylines and didn't have anyone to tell them they shouldn't try and cram every cool idea into a single season. Not as bad as it could be, because the rest of the show is mostly awesome, but it's definitely irritating me at this stage.

On the bright side, that intro scene was insane. As a rule I'm really sick of zombies, but they managed to make them freaky and cool.

elidib

Vyemm Raider
I hated American Horror Story season 1, everything about it was terrible; from the acting, to the story, to the lame attempts at being scary.

From what I'm reading in this thread, it sounds like this season is very different, but is it good enough for you all to recommend it?

How would you rate this season on a scale from The Walking Dead to The Wire?

Pinch_sl

shitlord
I was wondering what the deal is with the husband - it was so out of place to spend that much time on him then have him shoot that girl. I wonder if he's just a psycho murderer or if he has a bigger agenda. I'd be bummed out if he's simply a murderer - it would be interesting if his marriage is just a cover so he can get recon on the witches or something, and he's actually an assassin of sorts.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I hated American Horror Story season 1, everything about it was terrible; from the acting, to the story, to the lame attempts at being scary.
I hated s1 too but liked s2 and now s3. They're worth a watch.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I was wondering what the deal is with the husband - it was so out of place to spend that much time on him then have him shoot that girl. I wonder if he's just a psycho murderer or if he has a bigger agenda. I'd be bummed out if he's simply a murderer - it would be interesting if his marriage is just a cover so he can get recon on the witches or something, and he's actually an assassin of sorts.
it took me a long ass time to like american horror story. first half of season 1 was all shock and no substance then the story kicked in and it became good. season 2 started off like season 1 but now you know what to expect and this time the story kicked in earlier. this season the story kicks in right on the season opener, but the either the shocking imagery is used more conservatively or im desensitized to it by now. :p

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
the only thing i "hate" about AHS, is the season 1 girl and boy, idk, i just hate that they're together, it reminds me too much of that terribad ghost story romance, except now he's a frankenzombie. i mean really at this point, i could do without the both of them and AHS would actually be better imho, i mean kathy bates and lange play off so well together.

hell i don't think i've ever heard dialogue about old halloween and appeasing spirits and shit and actually made it sound real and believable, like that's what they did back then, kathy bates did that.

hmm lets add some more
I mean we've got:

Season 1 girl and her magical vagina, learning to be a witch
Fleetwood Mac Crazy McRezbot out in the swamp
BlondeZombie
Voodoo Lady v. Witches war
Supreme trying to escape mortality/prevent new supreme usurping her place
Council trying to pin her down for being evil
Daughter trying to get preggers, and apparently now getting her face melted off or something
Daughter's husband, who's... some kind of serial killer? I dunno, can't figure out how that's supposed to tie in with the rest of the BS going on
Oh and crazy old torture chamber racist lady adjusting to the future
And I'm sure I missed one or two
tongueless butler that seemed to mutilate himself to save fiona cuz he loves her, still does 30ish? (40?) years of servitude and has a doll fetish, and i guess a madison fetish?(maybe madison looks like young fiona?)

the fiona bloodline (her and daughter) have some bloodwork gene that won't allow fiona to be operated on for plastic face lift surgery and won't let them do more pregger stuff to daughter.

is daughter next supreme or what? just cuz she has the same blood as a supreme? did she "repress" her powers and go into book magic?

molested pre-frankenzombie boy

Lenas

Trump's Staff
this season the story kicks in right on the season opener, but the either the shocking imagery is used more conservatively or im desensitized to it by now. :p
You must have missed the part of the first episode where slaves were being tortured, lol. Remember the guy with his face flayed open? Probably one of the more disturbing visuals on the show.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
well in films and tv they always portray slave owners as the worst kinds of nazis, so it wasnt shocking to me they had her go all torturery. i am more shocked they let kathy bates get so many quality lines turning her snidely whiplash into a more gray character.

Caliane

Wtf was that about anyway with the Husband? Kinda came out of nowhere.
this is american horror story.
There are only 3 kinds of characters.
1. Monsters.
2. Victims.
3. Victims that survive long enough to become monsters themselves.

hard to say at this point if the husband was always a monster, or if the black magic ritual for a kid did something do him.