American Sniper

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
For everyone who saw Inglorious Basterds... remember the propaganda film the Nazis are making about the German sniper? This is basically that movie.

Rais

Trakanon Raider
Hurt Locker was pretty fucking retarded. They dumbed every aspect every other military member in the movie to pump up some dude with a wish to die. 0 realistic score to the movie. A taxi ignoring us troops during that time would have been shot at least 1000 rounds. Not a if, it was assured.

I personally dislike military movies at least about Iraq/Afghanistan. On a level it's still propaganda filled with over the top shit that makes it unbelievable. Seeing the shit in person kinda kills it. That and I hate military personal using the experience of their dead comrades to thicken their wallets.

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>
It's not like the movie got into the actual politics of the Iraqi war, so its only propaganda for the Navy Seals and Chris Kyle if anything, and its like the opposite of propaganda for the Marines, since they're the ones getting picked off the whole movie.

penalty_sl

shitlord
Just saw this. Damn if they didn't portray this guy as the perfect saint. Wish they would have shown something that was closer to reality.

penalty_sl

shitlord
Even trying to read about the guy online is a complete waste of time.

Was he a great hero? was he some dude contracted the the government to snipe people during katrina? Did he enjoy bragging about killing people all day? was a huge racist? A god fearing family man or a blood thirsty killer?

His whole death just seems completely fucked also. His killer had PTSD but never even saw combat?

The whole thing is just a garbled mess.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Even trying to read about the guy online is a complete waste of time.

Was he a great hero? was he some dude contracted the the government to snipe people during katrina? Did he enjoy bragging about killing people all day? was a huge racist? A god fearing family man or a blood thirsty killer?

His whole death just seems completely fucked also. His killer had PTSD but never even saw combat?

The whole thing is just a garbled mess.
Yeah, Chris Kyle is deff a guy who let his exploits go to his head and started saying some absolutely dumb shit.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Sorry, no dice.

I sat on my ass and drank coffee in an air-conditioned radio room on a ship for 4 years. On the night shift we played Daggerfall and Diablo on laptops or non-secure PCs.
wink.png
This is why I went OS in the Coast Guard. It was glorious.

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
The reality behind Chris Kyle did not affect my ability to enjoy watching this film.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Some people crack far more easily than others. He supposedly showed signs of PTSD after his return from Iraq, but it was after he went to Haiti following the earthquake that he really started to unravel. No combat there obviously, but truck loads of bodies, mass graves, and the human condition brought low on a massive scale can still change people who witness it forever, and not necessarily in good ways.

If that's the origin of the comment, it still doesn't make it wrong.
Lol true. I thought his tweet was kinda funny. Pretty easy to see how watching a movie about a sniper, especially while high, could remind you of another fake movie about a sniper.

But holy shit, the Breitbartians are full on rustled though. They are carrying out an inquisition in the comments section about who is/not a "real Amurican" with a Nazi-like fervor.

Breitbart News Reader Seth Rogen Retreats

The Hollywood Left Hates The Military

Yeah, "Hollywood hates the military". That's why there's been a dozen high-grossing war movies in the past few years, many of which got multiple Oscars, and even got Best Picture.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Maybe they are referring to the same "Hollywood" person that Al Sharpton wants to meet with over the lack of black Oscar nominees? Because apparently there is one person or a small group of people that represents Hollywood and makes all the decisions.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Bros, it's a movie. You wanna talk about why, being a movie, you weren't entertained? Cool. You want to act like a turd and talk about how there is some kind of hidden message we should all be outraged about? Go fuck yourself.

It was a pretty good movie I thought.