Ancient Civilizations

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Whatever ancient being created those likely went extinct because they spent all their time making 578 fucking axes instead of using them to kill food and eat it.
Large group of humans with division of labor isn't far fetched.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
No one in their right mind would look at GC and think it's man made. Very different from hundreds of shards of obsidian worked into the shape of axe heads. Keep grasping at straws.

You got a picture of these obsidian axe heads from that site?

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I like how this thread is being super critical of alleged million year old obsidian axe heads, but not the atlantean seafaring civilisation on a mountaintop building culturally distinct pyramids all over the earth 10k years ago.
I try to stay out of Chuk's house if I am not going to contribute anything constructive, because us old guys have to stick together. I don't agree with everything that gets posted here, but I can't say definitively that it isn't true either, like I can with UFOs.

• 3Like
  • 1Repost
Reactions: 3 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I try to stay out of Chuk's house if I am not going to contribute anything constructive, because us old guys have to stick together. I don't agree with everything that gets posted here, but I can't say definitively that it isn't true either, like I can with UFOs.
i welcome criticism, though just dismissing everything because people think it has something to do with that "alien's did it" tv show on history channel is not really debunking.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs

The Frisian legends of their sunken island (too recent to be atlantis) remind me of old writings about Thule who had some limited contact with the Greeks. Apollo supposedly stayed there in the summer, and they would send gifts every year or something.

They were described as being very long lived, and only died when they chose.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
when shoes were built to last.

Sandals buried in a bat cave in southern Spain may be the oldest footwear ever discovered in Europe, scientists said this week, estimating that they could be up to 6,200 years old.
230929-spain-sandals-mb-1033-d3b6ba.jpg

230929-spain-sandals-mb-1032-5d3549.jpg

Neolithic organic based artifacts, including a mallet and sandals, were recovered at the Cueva de los Murciélagos in Andalucia, southern Spain.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I had read (or maybe watched) that the Phoenicians were there trading for the copper as well.
At this point though, its just so hard to take any of that shit seriously. They even come right and say it like its fact in that article, even though it says they "think" - implying that its not fact. Most archaeologist are school indoctrinated, irrational, left leaning liberals and I wouldnt put it past them at all to say something like this just to get the narrative away from Columbus and/or Vikings. Next thing we know, it'll be an African that was the best ship captain of all time, and the Greeks employed him because he brought all the boats to and from the America's safely and without incident.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I had read (or maybe watched) that the Phoenicians were there trading for the copper as well.
if there was a global trade route, it would be the chongs or the Romans. i tend to go with the Romans, but there is a lot of DNA evidence that supports asians populating the americas earlier than most. maybe not as old as the pre-clovis peoples , but its early.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
The Phoenicians were the big seafarers with the big ships and the maps. They made big money in the bronze age. I've seen theories that they spread the ideas of dragons and sea serpents to keep distant markets to themselves.

It is mostly theories though. I think some phoenician items have been found in the states, but I can't remember where I saw that, probably a Robert S video, so definitely not facts, just bits and pieces. About all you get for 4000 years ago.

The one unexplained thing about bronze age trading is diseases. Could pathogens have evolved so much after the destruction of Carthage until the next major contact from the spaniards?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
The Phoenicians were the big seafarers with the big ships and the maps. They made big money in the bronze age. I've seen theories that they spread the ideas of dragons and sea serpents to keep distant markets to themselves.

It is mostly theories though. I think some phoenician items have been found in the states, but I can't remember where I saw that, probably a Robert S video, so definitely not facts, just bits and pieces. About all you get for 4000 years ago.

The one unexplained thing about bronze age trading is diseases. Could pathogens have evolved so much after the destruction of Carthage until the next major contact from the spaniards?
Disease itself was still evolving at that early of a point in civilization

• 1Picard

Chris

Potato del Grande
Upon reading this - it sounds retarded. Like, substantially retarded. Can you elaborate?
A lot of new diseases come from people living close to animals in high density (China) and the diseases jumping species.

So a ship from Carthage isn't going to spread plague in the new world because maybe plague hadn't jumped species yet because China isn't a disease ridden shithole yet.

• 1Like

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
So does that mean diseases are done evolving? Because that's sort of what it sounds like that statement implies.

Chris

Potato del Grande
So does that mean diseases are done evolving? Because that's sort of what it sounds like that statement implies.
They are done evolving to the point where there's a disparity between old and new world that kills off the new world. Yes.

• 1Like