The Paranormal, UFO's, and Mysteries of the Unknown

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
acupuncture works because placebo's work, it's just tricking the brain into doing things we don't fully understand to help the body

I tried it a couple times and it didn’t do shit for me. The only nice part about it was you were trying to lay still on a heated mat so it turned into a short nap. It was like forced relaxation.

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
accupuncture is bunk, it's based on chi energy, literally no such thing exists.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>

Yeah I didn’t read up on it at all before trying it and she starts going into chi flows and aligning shit. I ask “Ok how does that needle redirect, etc” trying to make sense out of it, she couldn’t answer anything, so I just gave up and relaxed. I swore I’d give it two tries and I did, but neither helped at all. I have read a lot on pain and how the brain can shut it on and off, how opioids work, etc and I think it’s just...If you trick yourself into thinking it works, it literally does work since you’re tricking your brain into blocking the pain signals or whatever the fuck it does.

• 2Like

iannis

Musty Nester

The theory is bunk. The practice of it can be effective.

That could just be placebo. But in studies that I looked at when it came up as a curiosity, the effect was greater than placebo. That indicates to me that something physical is going on. Obviously not "chi energy", but something.

A generalized disruption of the potentials which lead to pain responses? Temporarily overloading the systems with conflicting stimulus? Some sort of chemical or protein being released during active muscle relaxation? Because getting pins stuck in your skin like that is going to promote active muscle relaxation.

I mean something is probably going on. It might be worth a P.hd for someone to narrow down exactly what. 1000 generations of chinamen aren't -completely- full of shit.

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
That could just be placebo. But in studies that I looked at when it came up as a curiosity, the effect was greater than placebo. That indicates to me that something physical is going on. Obviously not "chi energy", but something.

After looking at it I don't think this is true in reality, the studies that show it seem to suffer from flawed methodology and extremely high uncertainties due to imprecise nature of measuring abstract concepts like "depression"
https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/5-scientists-weigh-in-on-acupuncture/
Most studies examining the effectiveness of acupuncture are not rigorous. Those that are more rigorous fail to show that acupuncture is more than a placebo in managing depression.

iannis

Musty Nester
Yeah, the studies aren't great. I was looking specifically at pain management.

It's kind of odd that they'd be using it as a cure for depression. heh. I guess it makes sense... but it's kind of odd.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
My theory on that is it Also seems the chinese were naturally starting to/did rid themselves of the superstition of acupuncture when they started living in the age of reason but it came back in practice due to anti western sentiment in new communist government seeking to promote sinicization
Acupuncture History
Decline of acupuncture

From the 17th century on, the interest in this tradition declined. It was considered irrational and was laced with superstitions. The Emperor’s decree in 1822 excluded acupuncture from the Imperial Medical Institute. The rural healers and some scholars held on to the knowledge of this practice.

With rise of Western medicine in the 20th century, acupuncture practices further fell into disrepute. In 1929 it was outlawed in China along with other forms of traditional medicine.

Revival of acupuncture

The Communist Government in 1949 revived the traditional forms of medicine including acupuncture. Acupuncture research institutes were established in the 1950s throughout China and the practice became available in several hospitals.

• 1Like

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
I liken it to stimulating the nerves and relieving the pain. It's been working for both of us, directly after we were in ahead on and had brutal whiplash. Acupuncture was worked on both of us within the first week and we havent had any issues besides soreness for a week and occasional stiffness. As a life long back, neck and shoulder pain person, I'll take how it makes me feel over any suggestions to the contrary.

However, If it's a claim that it can be used for something other than minor aches and pains they can get stuffed.

Until meridians can be scientifically measured, I'm not a believer in acupunctures ability to jesus cure us of all our ails.

Chi isnt meridians, but thrown in that same group with all the other "new age" and Buddist stuff.

However, chi is real! It would be great if we can get this shit scientifically measured, cause there is clearly something occurring. Or is it all just a David Copperfield act with everyone in on it?

Okay.
Let's go with reality.

• 1Like

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
New Bob Lazar documentary is out.
Coinciding with a, newly nonphotoshopped on google, section of the papoose lake facility with large hanger doors cut into one of the hills landing credence to an aspect of his story. Will post Bob Lazar stuff this weekend.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I was going to post a SSP article, but there is a...cleansing occuring in the SSP circles. Eliminating the frauds from the truth. The antigrav posts are delayed with all the Christmas prep, but I.m hoping to drop them in the next week and a half.
There is a number of big profile ufo cases circulating, along with some very interesting, newly released and verified for thier authenticity, documents from the Eisenhower administration regarding the first red book handling the ufo crashes in merica back in the late 40s and how to respond to future crashes.

Wish I had more post time, fuck the last week srsly.
Wtf is SSP?

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Stupid Space People?
That could be it, given that they somehow made it here across the vastness of space and then apparently decided to turn cows inside out and stick probes up the exit hole of the dominant life-form instead of wowing us with their technology and ruling as gods. Especially a couple millennia ago, when they apparently helped people build pyramidy stuff all over the world and were clearly vastly superior to us, and then just decided to peace out except for a few teenagers on joyrides doing the aforementioned anal probing.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
That could be it, given that they somehow made it here across the vastness of space and then apparently decided to turn cows inside out and stick probes up the exit hole of the dominant life-form instead of wowing us with their technology and ruling as gods. Especially a couple millennia ago, when they apparently helped people build pyramidy stuff all over the world and were clearly vastly superior to us, and then just decided to peace out except for a few teenagers on joyrides doing the aforementioned anal probing.
lol, i was mainly referring to the people who believe what they see in scifi movies about space over whats realistically possible. but yeah the Grays are a bunch of dumbshits. mega quadrillion dollar space ships and they're zipping around backwood roads fucking with rednecks.

• 2Like

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
lol, i was mainly referring to the people who believe what they see in scifi movies about space over whats realistically possible. but yeah the Grays are a bunch of dumbshits. mega quadrillion dollar space ships and they're zipping around backwood roads fucking with rednecks.
You know you're the first person I've seen mention the costs of any possible alien ships. Really is hilarious if you think about it in that context. lol

• 1Truth!

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
You know you're the first person I've seen mention the costs of any possible alien ships. Really is hilarious if you think about it in that context. lol
you gotta figure, even out in deep space there is some interstellar hebrew counting the costs on deep space exploration missions. unless there is a Space China producing these shitty knockoff space cruiers to come here and troll Earthlings, its gotta still cost something. lets not forget the length of the trip itself. thousands of years in deep slumber just to wake up when they reach earth and start a pranking campaign. i dont think tyen tyen would go that far for the lulz.

• 2Like