Andor

Harshaw

Throbbing Member

whew. s2 filming ongoing right now, expected to finish by august
Mando season 4 and skeleton crew are done. I also read a sketchy rumor that Ahsoka season 2 is written already as well.

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm

whew. s2 filming ongoing right now, expected to finish by august
Don't all projects have a bunch of rewrites as they get into filming? So it could still cause some issues if they are only half way through filming, no?

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Don't all projects have a bunch of rewrites as they get into filming? So it could still cause some issues if they are only half way through filming, no?

Yeah this was a problem with some series in-production during the last strike. Especially ones where the director also has writing credits. It's not insurmountable, but it's far from ideal.

Friend of ours had literally just gotten their WGA East credentials last month and was so happy that she had broken into being part of the real production scene after years of doing indy-only work. She said that one of the people she did odd freelance stuff before had reached out to her as a potential fill-in during the strike and she had mixed emotions about having to tell them no.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Most of those "it's okay guys writing was done anyway" news come from producers / showrunners who are willing to keep their jobs and don't want their productions shut down by studios. It's funny because those announcements feel so identical, it almost feels like they were AI generated.

• 1Worf

Cybsled

Hey, did'ja watch Titanic?

No, I heard everybody died.

I was working in a store and talking with a co-worker when Titanic had just come out in the theater and I made some quip about the only good part of the movie would be when the boat finally sunk. This lady in the store overheard us and she got the most angry look on her face and shouted "THANKS FOR SPOILING THE MOVIE, ASSHOLE!" and stomped out of the store. Me and my co-worker just kind of looked at each other in disbelief and we fucking lost it after she stormed out of the store.

• 1Worf

Rabbit_Games

Molten Core Raider
OMFG! Why does America always win in those WWII movies? Try being original for fuck's sake!!

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
I was working in a store and talking with a co-worker when Titanic had just come out in the theater and I made some quip about the only good part of the movie would be when the boat finally sunk. This lady in the store overheard us and she got the most angry look on her face and shouted "THANKS FOR SPOILING THE MOVIE, ASSHOLE!" and stomped out of the store. Me and my co-worker just kind of looked at each other in disbelief and we fucking lost it after she stormed out of the store.
I went to a 'team building retreat' for my company and as part of it we were split into teams and made to watch 'Apollo 13'. They would stop the movie every 15 mins or so to discuss the engineering to get the astronauts back to earth. I realized that 2 of the people at our table had no idea this was a real story so I told them they all die. They were mad I ruined the end of the movie. Then they were just mad.

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Juvarisx

Florida
does that mean we see the other crew like felicity jones and ipman and fat asian or is it just andor and the droid recap?

Felicity Jones will still have no reason to be in this, and I mean in theory we could see Donnie Yen and Jiang Wen this season if Cassian or someone goes back to Jedha to speak to Saw Gerrera, but they are more Saw's people then anyone Cassian would work with day to day, My guess is you will see K-2SO this season at least a few times, and the rebels building their base on Yavin.

Its all great but I am more super interested in the plot with the ISB and Syril Karn since that will all deal with Stellan Skargsgard.

Cybsled

For the first couple seasons, then it fell off a cliff.

100% true. Final season especially was ass, the writers clearly wanted a “fascists lose!” ending but completely abandoned logic and good writing to make that happen.

It was like that Stargate 200th episode special where there is like 100000 enemies between them and the gate and they only have 2 minutes to escape, then they cut to them exiting the gate at Stargate command with no explanation as to how they did that. Except Stargate was joking and High Castle wasn’t lol

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Felicity Jones will still have no reason to be in this, and I mean in theory we could see Donnie Yen and Jiang Wen this season if Cassian or someone goes back to Jedha to speak to Saw Gerrera, but they are more Saw's people then anyone Cassian would work with day to day, My guess is you will see K-2SO this season at least a few times, and the rebels building their base on Yavin.

Its all great but I am more super interested in the plot with the ISB and Syril Karn since that will all deal with Stellan Skargsgard.
ipman and fat asian sitting around eating ramen in jedah!

spronk

FPS noob
dang, gilroy caved and has stopped working on Andor while the writers strike continue which i'm not sure what it means now

they were supposed to be filming s2 until August and then a year of post VFX but i imagine now s2 is delayed to 2025

• 4Rustled
Reactions: 3 users