Animal Crossing New Horizons for Switch

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
I'm about to buy it half for my preggo wife and half for me. My kid loves watching these games so that's a plus

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

WorryPlaysGames

Blackwing Lair Raider
Anyone playing sharing friend codes? Different island have different things on them, so you can visit a friends place to get new stuff.

Mine is SW-3390-7631-3821

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gator

Molten Core Raider
I'm thinking of buying it. I was watching a play through with my son and he told me he wanted it. Only thing that sucks is he can't read much yet so that's a problem when it comes to quests. Wish they would add dialog to these things.

• 1Like

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I'm thinking of buying it. I was watching a play through with my son and he told me he wanted it. Only thing that sucks is he can't read much yet so that's a problem when it comes to quests. Wish they would add dialog to these things.
Wanting to know what the quests are saying is good incentive to learn to read and then good practice!

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

Juvarisx

Florida
Wife and I trying to learn to share an island has been an interesting experience since she has been playing a ton of Stardew which is acquire all resources as soon as possible. I really dislike the 1 island per console, but the game itself is excellent otherwise.

• 1Like

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I love you animal crossing fuckers. ;) I should buy this so we can make a discord and when you join I can say “it’s MY island!” Braveheart style.

• 1Like

Denaut

Trump's Staff
Wife was just complaining about how she hates what rip offs phone games are and that she misses regular sims. I told her to look for something on my Switch and this just came out.

Do you guys think this would appeal to someone that liked the sims? It looks more RPG/Gamey than the Sims but that might be fine if it is presented well.

• 1Like

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Wife was just complaining about how she hates what rip offs phone games are and that she misses regular sims. I told her to look for something on my Switch and this just came out.

Do you guys think this would appeal to someone that liked the sims? It looks more RPG/Gamey than the Sims but that might be fine if it is presented well.

If she likes the Sims because of the building and the socializing with other sims then this seems like it should do the job. Do you own Stardew Valley? Maybe get her to try that first?

Denaut

Trump's Staff
If she likes the Sims because of the building and the socializing with other sims then this seems like it should do the job. Do you own Stardew Valley? Maybe get her to try that first?

I do, but on the PC, she watched me play it a couple years ago but didn't seem super interested in playing herself.

I ended up ordering the cart, hopefully it will be here in a couple of days.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
I’m still drunk from last night and I’m ready to buy this. Swearing off doom eternal. Fuckers won’t get a cent of cash from me. But this? We need the share friend codes.

stankwoo

Silver Knight of the Realm
I bought this yesterday. Never played an Animal Crossing game so it has been interesting just walking around... collecting butterflies.. fishing.. picking up sticks and shit.

I unlocked the airport, need to read up on how to share friend code.

• 1Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
There is a fucking airport? Jesus. Nook must be taking everyone to the cleaners!

• 1Like

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I've been playing this since yesterday, and it's pretty fun. I don't care for the real-time aspect of the game(though you can time travel by changing the system time).

SW-7819-9936-3275

spronk

FPS noob
sent friend request to araxen and worry, my friend ID is

SW-8219-4563-9988

for anyone else whose a noob like me you have to go to your profile (top left of main switch home page, your profile) click on Add Friend, search with friend code, and type in someone elses code the SW-xxxxx number. Then I guess in the game you go to the airport and open the gate and invite everyone on your friends list

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
So the design of this seems kind of interesting. You fags can share an island I guess? Kind of cool.

• 1Like

Denaut

Trump's Staff
So the design of this seems kind of interesting. You fags can share an island I guess? Kind of cool.

I think it is one island per console? The multiplayer seems to have a few different modes, for example you can have multiple characters on a single console and they all share the same island. You can also visit other people's islands, but I am not certain if you share it in the same way you do on a single console.

I'll know more when it arrives (which may take a while).

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Denaut Denaut toss us your friend code :)

I plan on invading all your islands! (If kids are playing this I am guessing placing random dick art all over your tropical paradises it out of the question)

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Or is it?

Tom Nook is the best video game villain ever.

• 1Worf