Animal Crossing New Horizons for Switch

gauze

Molten Core Raider
this sounds just like a mobile game to me
you wouldn't be entirely wrong,

But comparatively; its completely lackluster to the flagship. It is about as content packed as the Gamecube version with added MTX and events. I was told there will be some sort of cross play thing with items, but I don't know.. played pocket camp for all about a month or two.. turned it into auschwitz and quit.
nintendo-pocket-camp.png

I time traveled the shit out of New Leaf, and am choosing to go with the flow in New Horizons.. it's has its specific charm. It's just a simulator that gets it's fun from collecting and designing. Spent a good a mount of hours and fish bait trying to find the Stringfish and Sturgeon before they go out of season.. then I end up on an island where I walked away w/ four coelacanths. Meanwhile spending whatever bells I have moving my buildings around to mimic a tokyo esq cramped suburb. I've been trading items w/ a group of friends as we all design our houses and i'm the person w/ the tissue box currently next to an open magazine; still looking for a computer/laptop to replace it with.. and with a skeleton n anatomy figure behind a dj table. Animal Crossing experience in a nutshell. When pitfalls hopefully return, i'll go on my terror rampage by collecting and visiting towns to place them everywhere.. much like I did to the FoH minecraft server w/ tnt landmines.

I should have reset to get the peaches for booty, but too much effort.. so this will do for now.
IMG_20200330_164743__01.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
It’s all fun and games until Timmy Nook develops a dry cough and his temperature spikes to 102 degrees. Then you spend the next few days trying to enforce a quarantine and social distancing. But Axel the elephant forgets to clean the communal bench press and now virus cases are increasing exponentially. Supplies are running low, people are hoarding pears and they’ve had to close off our airport to try and contain this thing.

Send prayers. And bells. We’re all in this together during these trying times while we look forward to a brighter tomorrow.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Denaut

Trump's Staff
My wife just asked me if we can kick people off the island. Apparently Mira said something "mean" to her and now she wants her gone.

I blame the pregnancy hormones.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
Seriously though, I bought a Switch Lite, Animal Crossing and Dragon Quest XI last Friday before Ohio went on lockdown. I played City Folk on the Wii and I’m enjoying New Horizons. I remember City Folk everything was pretty much established so you just ran around doing collecting and stuff. I like the NH model of building everything up for the sense of progress and accomplishment.

I’ll admit that I’ve been playing this for an hour here or there while “working from home”.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
My wife just asked me if we can kick people off the island. Apparently Mira said something "mean" to her and now she wants her gone.

I blame the pregnancy hormones.
When you e upgraded the residence center tent you can talk to the new person and register a complaint against citizens. This will start the process of having an elite seal team forcibly removed the offender in the dead of night.

• 1Worf

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
So fucking true..

The million of dialog boxes you have to go through to get shit is done is very bad too.

• 5Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
So fucking true..

The million of dialog boxes you have to go through to get shit is done is very bad too.

Both of those are reasons why I stopped playing. I spent more time skipping text EVERY SINGLE time I wanted to do something. It would add so much time to just do a fraction of little things. Also stacked crafting. Or at least an ability to get rid of these cut scenes every time I made one thing.

Even when you turn things into the museum. You can at least select everything at once, but, then they go through each and every single one. Give me an option “Turn this all in and not get another text chat?” Would be epic.

• 1Solidarity

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
The fucked that cherry blossom event up, I didn't know it was even an event till it was half-way over. I thought it was just a seasonal aesthetic till I friend told me otherwise. Still ended up only getting two recipes the whole time. While I just get shit loads of dumb ass eggs and terrible looking egg recipes.

• 2Like

Aamry

Blackwing Lair Raider
The fucked that cherry blossom event up, I didn't know it was even an event till it was half-way over. I thought it was just a seasonal aesthetic till I friend told me otherwise. Still ended up only getting two recipes the whole time. While I just get shit loads of dumb ass eggs and terrible looking egg recipes.

Yeah, I didn't even really participate, just wasn't that interested in the items. Finally Bunny day is Sunday and I can stop fishing up eggs. jesus fuck

• 2Like

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, I didn't even really participate, just wasn't that interested in the items. Finally Bunny day is Sunday and I can stop fishing up eggs. jesus fuck
I was just interested in the Bonsai and maybe the Pond but that was it. More than anything from the damn bunny day thing.

spronk

FPS noob
my wifes island is all neat and shit and she has paving stones everywhere, mine looks like a retard college frat house with random shit everywhere, i just drop stuff whenever my bags fill up and figure i'll get back to it "some day". Final Fantasy 7 sorta saved me though, no real interest in playing AC that much anymore. i'll still slowly work on my island to make it at least a place where a girl won't run away screaming if she sees it, that was literally my only home goal in my 20s.

the fishing tourney was going on today, i got like 15 points and nope'd out when i learned you need 100 points for bronze, 200 for silver, and 300 for gold trophy and its just a trophy doesn't make you a better fisherman or save slots or anything.

i do find it fascinating the difference in aesthetics for men and women, like i literally do not give a single fuck about mabels clothing store but my wife will spend hours in that place trying out different outfits.

also lol at murder house
aecptrbld7s41.jpg

i am blown away by how creative so many people are and a bit jealous

ssjw4geydas41.jpg

Last edited:

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
Damn - I’m just getting around to adding on a room.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm

I did make all of the stupid bunny shit, and all I got was a bunny wand recipe. It was definitely not worth all the bullshit of the eggs.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like

gauze

Molten Core Raider
I'm just happy that the developers were quick to respond. Day 1 was a balloon nightmare; next day they fixed it, and after like day 2 or 3.. they lowered the egg spawn rate due to a mass of complaints.

Other than that, yay its over.

• 1Like

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
Quick tip. When crafting if you double tap A during the crafting animation it will speed up the process. It’s not as good as being able to select “craft 10 fish bait” bit it’s better than nothing.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
Quick tip. When crafting if you double tap A during the crafting animation it will speed up the process. It’s not as good as being able to select “craft 10 fish bait” bit it’s better than nothing.

my wife wants another kid so she can have kids around to craft shit

help

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
my wife wants another kid so she can have kids around to craft shit

help

I think your best bet is the foster system. It’s cheaper than adoption and you can put the kid back into the system once your wife has a full set of Ironwood furniture.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like