Anno 1800

Intropy

Shit Gamer
- Lots of gameplay that seems to work around Items you place inside buildings and ships but they seem rare to get unless you focus quests/fighting.
- A pause mode where you can queue orders would be helpful. There are times that you don't need this but once you expand to the new world there can be too many notices all at the same time and it becomes cumbersome
- the wind direction mechanic is a nice detail, but it doesn't seem to really add anything to the gameplay and should probably be nixed.

- Regarding the items, it wasn't obvious to me, but late in my play through I discovered that all of the non-diplomatic panel NPCs (the ones on the small islands with the interesting architecture) sell items and people. You can even pay money to cycle their inventories so you can fill all the slots in your townhalls/guildhalls/ships pretty easily once you're making big money.

- I was definitely yearning for a pause button at times that would still let me scroll around the world and evaluate things. Something similar to how Oxygen Not Included works where you can rapidly tab through the game speeds and pause with space bar would be awesome.

- I thought the wind direction was totally unnecessary as well at first, but when I hit the beta "late game" I changed my mind. I would have big naval battles going on, and would need to pull in reinforcements from trade routes and choose attack directions, the wind definitely effected my strategies.

Also, PSA: Beta Extended to Feb 5th

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
I have done little to nothing with the traders or the AI players, part of that is because without pause I always feel like there is a task I'm doing.

I also saw that you can sell shares in islands but I never had any desire to do that. I have money coming out my ears without any of the bonus building items/people. I may try a custom hard game and see if I can get more of those features to relevant.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
iirc there are 5 or 6 tiers in the release.

I will have to check on the steel thing. Pretty sure it was beams, as I had a steelworks right next to the mine and other production and the storage right across the street.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
I guess I was at the end of the beta and didn't realize it, pushed it to 1500 artisans and it doesn't advance.

I'd love to see what else there is in the late stages, still my biggest issue is there seems to be tons of gameplay features that too easy to miss/ignore. Building the museum it opens a page that shows collecting artifacts from like 7 different ages. Same thing with the zoo, collecting animals from biomes. Hospitals for the sick? I never had any sick. Police for quelling riots, never had a riot even with no police.

Also expeditions are like a side mini game, that's just based on random die rolls. Carrying the items needed seemed to matter little, think I failed every die roll from every expedition. Just too much happening and no way to slow down and enjoy it.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I saw a few people get riots on their streams even with police. They never seemed to have a problem with worker numbers or jobs, but I did notice a lot of them loved to print fake newspapers, which maybe led to people eventually rioting. Though the riots didn't seem to do much, just started up , lasted maybe 5 minutes between 2 houses and then the police put it down.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
CB is now over, there will be an open beta right before launch in April. I'll probably just play it a ton during the open beta get my fill of it and be done and never have to buy it. Or maybe buy it much later at 75% off after a bunch of DLC

Intropy

Shit Gamer
CB is now over, there will be an open beta right before launch in April. I'll probably just play it a ton during the open beta get my fill of it and be done and never have to buy it. Or maybe buy it much later at 75% off after a bunch of DLC

I think the '75% off after a bunch of DLC' is the right approach for this one.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
The price tag on this makes me wish there was an Ubisoft Access a la Origin Access. Don't have the time or attention span at the moment to really enjoy it, but would love to tinker with it from time to time.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Open beta is this weekend. This was pulled from steam and will now be on epic store.

You can do the open beta thru uplay.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Would you say it’s worth checking out for someone that enjoys city builders but has never played an Anno game? One of my favorite games of all time is Caesar 3. Pretty big fan of Tropico in small bites.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Would you say it’s worth checking out for someone that enjoys city builders but has never played an Anno game? One of my favorite games of all time is Caesar 3. Pretty big fan of Tropico in small bites.

Any Anno game is worth playing if you've never played an Anno game. The problem is the lack of difference/innovation between different Anno games.

• 1Like

Kais

<Gold Donor>
Only real difference between Anno games and other city builders is that Anno forces you to spread out and create lots of trade routes between specialized commodity areas. You just don't have the land area for a large city where you can do everything.

• 1Like