Ant-Man and the Wasp (2018)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Another alternative is one of the problems with the supernatural and magic. Science is a process. Science should be able to explain magic. Even if Magic is a new fundamental force, and rewrites all laws of physics as we know them... its then still part of the natural world, still part of physics, and still can be explained via observation, and repetition. Kindof like UFOS... its only unidentified, until you identify it.

So, if "magic" exists as a 5th fundamental force, (gravity, electromagnetism, strong interaction, weak interaction) then, yes we would be seeing its effects on everything, and in everything.
This "magic" could be souls, or something. or souls even a 6th fundamental force.

Another is that the fundamental laws of OUR universe do not apply to the Marvel one. At the heart of the Infinity wars, is one of the major ones. The laws of Thermodynamics, entrophy, and conservation.
Neither the Marvel cinematic u, or comic book u, are closed systems. the universes get energy and imput from OTHER universes all the time.

TIME is not linear in these either.
The basic laws of Cause and Effect are broken. (DC speed force totally breaks this as well.) (the speed of light is not the speed of light, its the speed of cause and effect. and that is why its the top speed possible.)

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
i have no problem using science to explain magic. there was plenty of stuff back in the day that even if you did it TODAY, it would look like magic. there were "potions" that made a person temporarily infertile. there was little to no explanation given to why or how it worked. but the romans knew about it and they used it. a lot. there was a flower that grew locally that they'd basically just make tea out of it and drink it and have all kinds of sex and no babies. that flower doesn't exist anymore specifically because of the romans.

the point is, this stuff wasn't wrapped up in a nice little pharmaceutical package. it was some dude on a street corner selling potions.

spronk

FPS noob
Saw this a second time today in IMAX, still enjoyed it. Definitely not a top tier movie or anything but I was more entertained than something like Dr. Strange. The bad guys didn't get any better but I realize they really just didn't have much screen time at all, and splitting it up between 3 or 4 people made it so much worse. For these kind of movies Marvel really needs to set up villains across multiple movies, so AM1 should have had Ghost's background teased out a little bit and some buildup and honestly just cut the whole Boyd Crowder character, even though I love Goggins he has been picking up some real shitty villains recently (Tomb Raider, Ant Man 2, Maze Runner) hope he gets a new agent or something.

AMC A-List is the fucking best, I got 2 hours to kill and I don't go somewhere, lets see whats playing in Dolby/IMAX and sit in a nice AC theater for 2 hours. Fuck moviepass.

• 1Solidarity

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
Saw this a second time today in IMAX, still enjoyed it. Definitely not a top tier movie or anything but I was more entertained than something like Dr. Strange. The bad guys didn't get any better but I realize they really just didn't have much screen time at all, and splitting it up between 3 or 4 people made it so much worse. For these kind of movies Marvel really needs to set up villains across multiple movies, so AM1 should have had Ghost's background teased out a little bit and some buildup and honestly just cut the whole Boyd Crowder character, even though I love Goggins he has been picking up some real shitty villains recently (Tomb Raider, Ant Man 2, Maze Runner) hope he gets a new agent or something.

AMC A-List is the fucking best, I got 2 hours to kill and I don't go somewhere, lets see whats playing in Dolby/IMAX and sit in a nice AC theater for 2 hours. Fuck moviepass.

I didn't mind the weak villains and their short screen times, as I thought they provided adequate obstacles for the "Can we save Janet in time?" drive of the movie, and set up Ghost and Goliath as 2 characters who could come back. Especially if the post credit scene is a way to keep all 4 of them out of the next Avengers and leave a full exploration of the Quantum Realm for part 3 (or even if scott hits a time bubble to be in avengers and they just use the energy he was collecting for part 3). Maybe I am just desensitized to the Weak Marvel Villain.

And I will second the A-List love, especially living a few minutes from an AMC that just had a Dolby theater installed around 6 months ago.

Brad2770

I didn't mind the weak villains and their short screen times, as I thought they provided adequate obstacles for the "Can we save Janet in time?" drive of the movie, and set up Ghost and Goliath as 2 characters who could come back. Especially if the post credit scene is a way to keep all 4 of them out of the next Avengers and leave a full exploration of the Quantum Realm for part 3 (or even if scott hits a time bubble to be in avengers and they just use the energy he was collecting for part 3). Maybe I am just desensitized to the Weak Marvel Villain.

And I will second the A-List love, especially living a few minutes from an AMC that just had a Dolby theater installed around 6 months ago.

I was thinking they were going to use the time bubble to drop him into Capt. Marvel movie and use him to tie her into MCU. And to get her back from the 80’s/90’s.

Siddar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Mid tier movie 6-7 in my book.

They gave away the best scenes in the trailers.

To much sitcom dad humor.

Wasp was to strong when compared to Ant man. Partially that can be explained by the fact that she normally runs with avengers her hyper competence would fit in if she was working with Cap, Iron Man, or Thor, but with Ant man she was allowed to overwhelm him.

Ghost was to powerful as well she was able to stand toe to toe with both Ant man and Wasp at the same time.
Not enough time was spent in microverse.

Ant man friends weren't used enough.

• 1Like

Sevens

Log Wizard
This will also be the last Marvel movie released to Netflix, they will go to disney's own streaming service

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Downloaded it, because I didn't feel like waiting for the blu ray, though I will probably still buy the 4K for the wife to watch on the TV. Having a digital/physical release disparity is stupid rubbish.

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
  • 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
LOL "Piracy"

Its the ethical equivalent of loaning your friend a paperback, but theyre still calling it "piracy".

If theyre going for absurd hyperbole perhaps they could at least pick a "crime" thats not universally admired and romanticized to the point Disney has made billions of dollars from heroic pirate movies. Call it "movie rape" or something, I dunno.

Piracy.
yea bring back Warez

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Being that it's all a digital medium, it's hard to get upset over. They made a lot of money over the theatrical release. Now it's just bonus money. Yes, they're investing on stamping the bluray discs, but people aren't taking that physical copy from a store. They're just copying the contents within. Really hard to give an accurate analogy without using a computer, but I'll give it a shot.

This is like having some famous person's phone number. They don't normally just give this number out to anyone, but if you're willing to pay them cash, they'll give it to you. But suddenly, that number is spread between friends. It's pretty much a victimless crime.

• 1Like

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Good analogy but - Wrong. The media companies firmly believe that every single one of those friends you gave the phone number to, would also have paid full price for the phone number, had you not given it to them for free. Thus you just robbed that famous person of all the money he would have made selling that number to everybody.

• 1Worf

Sterling

El Presidente
Good analogy but - Wrong. The media companies firmly believe that every single one of those friends you gave the phone number to, would also have paid full price for the phone number, had you not given it to them for free. Thus you just robbed that famous person of all the money he would have made selling that number to everybody.
It wouldn't be 100 percent of them obviously, but it wouldn't be 0 percent either.

Sevens

Log Wizard
Being that it's all a digital medium, it's hard to get upset over. They made a lot of money over the theatrical release. Now it's just bonus money. Yes, they're investing on stamping the bluray discs, but people aren't taking that physical copy from a store. They're just copying the contents within. Really hard to give an accurate analogy without using a computer, but I'll give it a shot.

This is like having some famous person's phone number. They don't normally just give this number out to anyone, but if you're willing to pay them cash, they'll give it to you. But suddenly, that number is spread between friends. It's pretty much a victimless crime.
How can you say a victimless, now that poor famous person has to deal with all these schlubs calling his phone because some dill hole sold his number

• 1Like