Fedor

<Banned>
latest

eHyqpU1.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Juvarisx

Florida
Reviews coming in the embargo is off this one early which means its tracking well

Ant-Man and the Wasp

Summay: Good flick, made better due to good chemistry. IS more focused on the Wasp and she is pretty badass in this one. Villian is well acted but inconsequential which is more of the same. Set pre Infinity War, post credit scene deals with what Thanos did (obviously knew that was coming)

Pym, Hope and Janet get poofed

• 1Like

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Movie was great. A lot of fun just like the first one with lots of laughs.

They’re trolling with that second post credit scene.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

faille

Molten Core Raider
I quite enjoyed it. The humour and action were all better than the first but the plot was weaker, along with the antagonists. Still worth checking out if you enjoyed the first.
credits scene was pretty interesting

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
wait. the antagonists are weaker than the first one? because yellowjacket was anemic at best.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
wait. the antagonists are weaker than the first one? because yellowjacket was anemic at best.
Yeah, I don’t see how it’s possible to be weaker than yellow jacket lol

faille

Molten Core Raider
Agreed, which is why it's so sad. Still, I doubt many people are going to this movie for the bad guys

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I already bought mine. First seat in the theater. Can't wait. IMAX 3D!
Just got home from seeing it. First showing of IMAX 3D was at 9:10pm tonight. They did the 2D version at 7pm.

The theater was maybe 20% full, and that's stretching it. I'm really surprised at how few people there were. I liked the movie for what it was, but it wasn't as good as the first. Ghost annoyed the shit out of me.
The Wasp & Ghost wanted the same thing, and they could have EASILY worked together the entire movie to accomplish the goal. But she was being cunty and wanted to do it all on her own. Hell, it wasn't even until the end that they suddenly wanted to drain the mom's "quantum realm power" using that chamber thing. The goal was just to get her home then to try some shit until it worked. Dumb.

However, I like how they did the first post credits scene

It was a great infinity wars tie in that suddenly he's trapped down there right when the snap happened. I had almost forgotten that IW had taken place while watching this just because there was no reference at all to it.

Regarding Post credit #2, why the fuck did they show the drumming Ant in the 2nd trailer? That's the ENTIRE fucking final scene. An ant that can use a drum kit. And there it is in trailer #2. Stupid.

• 1Like

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Greatly enjoyed the movie. As stated, the movie wasn't really about the villain(s) so much, and I loved all the returning characters. Also, Cassie is literally the most adorable little girl ever. Even more adorable than Trixie on Lucifer, perhaps.

Without getting into too much spoilery stuff, it seems like all the theories of the quantum realm being pivotal in Infinity War 2 just got a lot less likely. I mean, they can always hand-wave whatever they want in, but there was zero indication of any of those things being true, and if it was that important they had a perfect opportunity to introduce the concepts. But didn't. So, back to the drawing board for new IW2 theories I guess!

I would rank it around the same level as the first Ant-Man. Middle tier Marvel, perfectly enjoyable but not mind-blowingly awesome like the top tier movies. As a counterpoint, two coworkers I went with said they absolutely loved it and thought it was better than almost all the other Marvel movies, but I long since learned not to trust everything they say.

Definitely stay for the first credits scene. Even knowing what to expect, it was still goose-bump-inducing. Don't waste your time waiting until the after credits scene though. Complete waste of fucking time, and you can just read a spoiler here and feel better about yourself for not waiting all that time. I know they don't owe us great end credit scenes or anything, but we've come to expect something, and that was probably the worst of all of them. Captain America trolling us was better than this. The monster at the end of Thor: The Dark World chasing a butterfly or whatever was better than this.

• 1Like

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Greatly enjoyed the movie. As stated, the movie wasn't really about the villain(s) so much, and I loved all the returning characters. Also, Cassie is literally the most adorable little girl ever. Even more adorable than Trixie on Lucifer, perhaps.

Without getting into too much spoilery stuff, it seems like all the theories of the quantum realm being pivotal in Infinity War 2 just got a lot less likely. I mean, they can always hand-wave whatever they want in, but there was zero indication of any of those things being true, and if it was that important they had a perfect opportunity to introduce the concepts. But didn't. So, back to the drawing board for new IW2 theories I guess!

I would rank it around the same level as the first Ant-Man. Middle tier Marvel, perfectly enjoyable but not mind-blowingly awesome like the top tier movies. As a counterpoint, two coworkers I went with said they absolutely loved it and thought it was better than almost all the other Marvel movies, but I long since learned not to trust everything they say.

Definitely stay for the first credits scene. Even knowing what to expect, it was still goose-bump-inducing. Don't waste your time waiting until the after credits scene though. Complete waste of fucking time, and you can just read a spoiler here and feel better about yourself for not waiting all that time. I know they don't owe us great end credit scenes or anything, but we've come to expect something, and that was probably the worst of all of them. Captain America trolling us was better than this. The monster at the end of Thor: The Dark World chasing a butterfly or whatever was better than this.

I'm not familiar with the IW2 theories, but I came away with the opposite impression.

'Quantum realm healing particles' seem like the kind of macguffin to fix all the things, or at the very least be a missing piece of Stark's relive-all-the-things tech and enable actual time travel via technology or something

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I'm not familiar with the IW2 theories, but I came away with the opposite impression.

'Quantum realm healing particles' seem like the kind of macguffin to fix all the things, or at the very least be a missing piece of Stark's relive-all-the-things tech and enable actual time travel via technology or something
I'm not saying you are wrong, because comic books, but in my mind all they were doing was keeping Ghost "stable". Like, she needs a continual supply of it or she'll eventually phase out again. They even mentioned that in that scene I believe. I felt like, if it were going to have any other magical properties that might help against Thanos, they would have mentioned it at some point. But again, who knows?

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Also, why did they need some special vehicle to get into the quantum realm this time? Scott did it by himself in the first movie. He was fortunate enough to have a little growing disc with him after going, though.

In other news: People that can phase through things. They run through the walls of things all the time, and you can't ever really punch them. Why don't they go through floors? I can do a hand wave at them not going through the earth because the earth is in the same place in every version of earth, but they're clearly able to go through man made and biologic items, yet they NEVER fall through the floor.

Juvarisx

Florida
Just got home from seeing it. First showing of IMAX 3D was at 9:10pm tonight. They did the 2D version at 7pm.

The theater was maybe 20% full, and that's stretching it. I'm really surprised at how few people there were. I liked the movie for what it was, but it wasn't as good as the first. Ghost annoyed the shit out of me.
The Wasp & Ghost wanted the same thing, and they could have EASILY worked together the entire movie to accomplish the goal. But she was being cunty and wanted to do it all on her own. Hell, it wasn't even until the end that they suddenly wanted to drain the mom's "quantum realm power" using that chamber thing. The goal was just to get her home then to try some shit until it worked. Dumb.

However, I like how they did the first post credits scene

It was a great infinity wars tie in that suddenly he's trapped down there right when the snap happened. I had almost forgotten that IW had taken place while watching this just because there was no reference at all to it.

Regarding Post credit #2, why the fuck did they show the drumming Ant in the 2nd trailer? That's the ENTIRE fucking final scene. An ant that can use a drum kit. And there it is in trailer #2. Stupid.

It was actually a horrifying scene if you really think about it. Programmed ant going through routine oblivious to what just occured. Hell you hear screams and emergency broadcast and everything. Then here is this ant just drumming away.

Its actually probably based on this

There Will Come Soft Rains (short story) - Wikipedia