Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania (2023)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Top Gun Maverick you fucking heathen

It being an amazing movie was a surprise to a lot of people, me included. Hollywood doesn't have a great track record with resurrecting shit from out childhood

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Why are people so gay for that movie? I even know lesbians who are gay for that movie, which honestly makes more sense because Jennifer Connelly is hot and Tom Cruise kinda looks like an old dyke.

That movie was alright, it gets a ton of points for having real planes and mostly practical effects, but the like 80% of the dialogue was fucking awful.

PS: This Ant-man movie looks like END OF THE MCU bad. They should just wrap it up with GOTG3, good or bad I don't care anymore.

jk I'll still watch Loki S2.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Why are people so gay for that movie? I even know lesbians who are gay for that movie, which honestly makes more sense because Jennifer Connelly is hot and Tom Cruise kinda looks like an old dyke.
Its men being awesome while using some of the most awesome machinery humanity has ever created up to this point.

Though I think a lot of it is due to the ever increasing sea of mediocre garbage just making it stand out more. Also its a #1 contender for most 80s 80s movie.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Sevens

Log Wizard
I was never a big fan of the original, I mean it was alright but nothing to get excited about so the 30 year later sequel just doesnt appeal to me. I will catch it on streaming probably.

• 1Garbage
  • 1Pathetic
Reactions: 1 users

Maul

Dental Dammer
I rewatched this recently at home, it was dogshit compared to seeing it the first time on an Imax screen. Was an experience I'm glad I didn't miss.

• 2Like

Sterling

El Presidente
Top Gun Maverick was a cool experience on the big screen and it's a fun movie but if it shouldn't be the best movie over any reasonable stretch of time. That says more about the average level of modern movies than anything else. As for going out for movies, I'll probably go see GotG3 since I've particularly enjoyed the others and feel like as MCU movies go that's the most reasonable bet. Dune is the only other thing on the horizon I can think of offhand that I'd care to go see though. I don't go to the movies nearly as often as I used to. It's not like when Moviepass was actually a thing for awhile.

• 2Like

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
bringing the topic back to the thread title... i just saw this, it was... alright? better than what i was expecting based on what people were saying about it. i kinda feel like it's the epitome of turn your brain off and enjoy a comic book movie, for better or worse. i know people complained about there being too much cgi and because of that you never feel like anyone is in danger... but i don't necessarily agree with that sentiment. i never felt like anyone was in danger because MCU doesn't kill off characters unless it's an avengers movie. i'm fine with the cgi and flashy colors. a lot of people had the same complaint about dr strange but i was fine with that as well. people want weird, fantastical magic in dr strange but when they do it, people say it's too much cgi. people want more time in the quantum realm but when they spend a whole movie there people complain there's too much cgi.

i DO agree that some of the cgi looked janky in movement, specifically cassie. and when kang was shooting his lasers, the things he hit just sort of looked like one of the editors took them out of the shot. they just were there, and then not.

but i sort of feel like story-wise, the entire plot was the same as loki. the bad guy of the show is really a good guy holding back an army of kangs. we were told in loki that if he who remains died, all his variants would go to war. then quantumania comes around and kang says the EXACT same thing. he needs to get out of the quantum realm because he's the only one holding back an army of variant kangs going to war.

i can't wait to find out in the next movie which kang variant needs to win or else an army of kang variants will go to war.

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
. i know people complained about there being too much cgi and because of that you never feel like anyone is in danger...
That's how I felt about the premovie trailer of Shazam, holy fuck

• 2Like

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
My last two were Endgame and Top Gun.

And before that was a special showing of Back to the Future. Before that was Star Trek in 2009.

Wait you didn't see Infinity War in the theater? That was the true pinnacle.

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I rewatched this recently at home, it was dogshit compared to seeing it the first time on an Imax screen. Was an experience I'm glad I didn't miss.

That's how I feel about the Avatar movies. At home they're alright, on an IMAX or whatever they're stunning experiences that can't really be replicated. Like the ultimate evolution of what James Cameron wanted to do with things like The Abyss and T2 3D: Ride Across Time. Now if only they had better stories!

Wait you didn't see Infinity War in the theater? That was the true pinnacle.

IW and Endgame in theaters really were the pinnacle. IW was such an event. Endgame was a little weird because my theater was PACKED with very young people who erupted like a wrestling crowd every time anything cool happened. Even that was its own memorable thing though.

Rewatched those for the first time a few months ago on a regular TV and they just made me depressed more than anything else because it was like reliving some bygone era that now feels like ancient history and doesn't even look as good when you revisit it. Or something like that IDK.

Top Gun Maverick was a cool experience on the big screen and it's a fun movie but if it shouldn't be the best movie over any reasonable stretch of time. That says more about the average level of modern movies than anything else. As for going out for movies, I'll probably go see GotG3 since I've particularly enjoyed the others and feel like as MCU movies go that's the most reasonable bet. Dune is the only other thing on the horizon I can think of offhand that I'd care to go see though. I don't go to the movies nearly as often as I used to. It's not like when Moviepass was actually a thing for awhile.

Gonna watch Maverick soon (and the original for the first time ever, as a kid I was a big Hot Shots fan so it's kind of shocking I never saw the movie it was spoofing). And yeah I totally agree that something is very wrong with the last couple years of movies when something like Maverick is the top of the heap. Something that, in any other decade, would have been an above-average movie. The competition must be really dry.

bringing the topic back to the thread title... i just saw this, it was... alright? better than what i was expecting based on what people were saying about it. i kinda feel like it's the epitome of turn your brain off and enjoy a comic book movie, for better or worse. i know people complained about there being too much cgi and because of that you never feel like anyone is in danger... but i don't necessarily agree with that sentiment. i never felt like anyone was in danger because MCU doesn't kill off characters unless it's an avengers movie. i'm fine with the cgi and flashy colors. a lot of people had the same complaint about dr strange but i was fine with that as well. people want weird, fantastical magic in dr strange but when they do it, people say it's too much cgi. people want more time in the quantum realm but when they spend a whole movie there people complain there's too much cgi.

i DO agree that some of the cgi looked janky in movement, specifically cassie. and when kang was shooting his lasers, the things he hit just sort of looked like one of the editors took them out of the shot. they just were there, and then not.

but i sort of feel like story-wise, the entire plot was the same as loki. the bad guy of the show is really a good guy holding back an army of kangs. we were told in loki that if he who remains died, all his variants would go to war. then quantumania comes around and kang says the EXACT same thing. he needs to get out of the quantum realm because he's the only one holding back an army of variant kangs going to war.

i can't wait to find out in the next movie which kang variant needs to win or else an army of kang variants will go to war.

I stopped trying to figure out all the Kang stuff in terms of how it relates to Loki. What I know for sure: In Loki, Loki gets beat up a lot and then his female counterpart no-sells everyone while being way more effective at everything, then He Who Remains sods off and The Kangs Are Invading. In Quantumania, Ant-Man gets beat up a lot and then his female counterparts (Wasp AND the daughter) no-sell everyone while being way more effective at everything, then Kang the Conqueror sods off and The Kangs Are Invading.

• 1Solidarity

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
this sucked. it wasnt a sequel to Ant Man, but a continuance from Loki. this kanger is ugly and boring.

• 1Tiresome

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Na, she is aging super fucking fast. She is doing the Old Lady Haircut because she is getting ready to be an old lady.
Freckles isnt an old lady. she has at least 5 or more years before she gets ready for that. she's just a goofball and fucked her hair up for no good reason. why nobody stuck a wig on her head for continuity's sake i have no idea. i guess they are so dependent on CGI now that the makeup department wasnt even consulted. its sad times when actual old lady Michelle Pfieffer looks sexier than a 44 yr old Freckles.

• 1Like

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
this sucked. it wasnt a sequel to Ant Man, but a continuance from Loki. this kanger is ugly and boring.
ezgif-5-3402c7ebc4.gif

42bzZ4uMqnT6SpvV7YQMkU.jpg

• 1Like