Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania (2023)

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Im sorry, but if you remember correctly it was Hope Van Dyne that taught Scott Lang to fight in the first Ant Man so yes I would expect her to be as good as (if not better) of a fighter than him. Yes, I understand that the women in movies now day are OP and can never lose, but in this case it actually makes sense.

I'd say fighting as one of these heroes is 20% "learning to fight" and 80% "learning the suit." They establish Ant-man's training regimen with the suit. But Hope is god mode the minute she puts hers on, because wamens.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sevens

Log Wizard
I'd say fighting as one of these heroes is 20% "learning to fight" and 80% "learning the suit." They establish Ant-man's training regimen with the suit. But Hope is god mode the minute she puts hers on, because wamens.
How much time passes in Ant man? From when Scott first suits up till his battle with Yellow jacket? In that time span he learns to fight and learns the suit.
How much time passes Between Ant Man and Ant Man and the Wasp? She is first given the suit in the stinger of Ant Man so once Ant Man and the Wasp rolls around she has had how much time to concentrate on learning the suit as she clearly already knew how to fight? Listen, Im not saying Marvel isnt filled to the rim with woke girl power bullshit. They are. Just that in this one instance I can believe that hope is as good as or better fighter than Scott and she had at least as much time as Scott to learn the suit.

• 1Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
How much time passes in Ant man? From when Scott first suits up till his battle with Yellow jacket? In that time span he learns to fight and learns the suit.
How much time passes Between Ant Man and Ant Man and the Wasp? She is first given the suit in the stinger of Ant Man so once Ant Man and the Wasp rolls around she has had how much time to concentrate on learning the suit as she clearly already knew how to fight? Listen, Im not saying Marvel isnt filled to the rim with woke girl power bullshit. They are. Just that in this one instance I can believe that hope is as good as or better fighter than Scott and she had at least as much time as Scott to learn the suit.
Scott spent 2 years in house arrest between 1 and 2. Hope was doing Wasp stuff in that time as well.

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

Since women never get so much as a bruise or a bloody nose in Marvel movies (aside from Black Widow, which was self-inflicted), it's mystifying why the good guys don't just form a squad of female Avengers and let them handle Thanos and other major threats. Since they no-sell everything they'd be able to easily dispatch any bad guy. Shang-Chi undercut the villain AND the hero of the movie right away by having women beat them up in two different scenes, for example. So just assemble a team of women and sic them on the villains, boom.

Looking forward to Avengers 7 where Doctor Doom comically gets punched out by Ant-Daughter within like 20 minutes of debuting.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
It's never been the biggest franchise moneymaker. Which is why they took CGI time from this and moved it to Wakanda Forever. I think overall it will still do fine. We will still most likely get an Ant-Man 4 as well.

So why introduce Kang in it then? If he's a 5 star plan for the future why put him in a 2 star movie?

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
So why introduce Kang in it then? If he's a 5 star plan for the future why put him in a 2 star movie?
Because people bitched Thanos didn't show up for soo long that Feige shoved him face first into it. Also, Ant-Man is the Quantum Universe expert and that is where that Kang was.

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Thing with Ant-Man is in the first movie he's as thick as molasses. The only thing he has going for him is his supreme overconfidence. The doc made the shrink tech and his daughter uses and understands it and can fight with it.

Scott in the current Marvel universe isn't some super genius scientist, he's just a regular guy whose ignorance of what can actually go wrong allows him to achieve stuff the others would rub their chin at and ponder for ages over. I haven't seen the latest movie yet but if you're saying he's a Quantum Universe expert I have to wonder where those smarts came from.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Scott Lang Is still a brilliant engineer. Which is why he was able to work on the suit even in the first movie. Hell, the whole break in for the suit showed he wasn't stupid. Let alone the shit he did to get thrown in prison in the first place.

The Quantum knowledge mainly comes from Janet. You do know this is an ensemble film right?

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Movie was decent, just came on the heals of two of the worst Marvel wet farts (Thor Love and Thunder, and Strange 2) plus the mixed bag of TV shows. MY biggest issues are that I wanted more Kang and Hank Pym (both the actors and characters were great) and more practical effects. To much CGI these days is making everything all samey. I know this movie kind of required it, but there is some serious Disney style CGI fatigue atm. High points were Kang and the entire sequence where Scott calls him out at the end.

• 2Like

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Movie was decent, just came on the heals of two of the worst Marvel wet farts (Thor Love and Thunder, and Strange 2) plus the mixed bag of TV shows. MY biggest issues are that I wanted more Kang and Hank Pym (both the actors and characters were great) and more practical effects. To much CGI these days is making everything all samey. I know this movie kind of required it, but there is some serious Disney style CGI fatigue atm. High points were Kang and the entire sequence where Scott calls him out at the end.
What about MODOK?

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Modok was always a dumb character. Nothing they did or could have done was going to make him any more or less dumb.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Nester

Vyemm Raider
watched a stolen copy last night. Much better then i expected (i had really low expectations) Cassie was dumb but HANK and KANG made it awesome. Loved that ANT MAN FOUND SOME KILLER ANTS !!! and also Kang and the relationships with other Kangs.

Sure its been almost 20 years since lost, but man did kate get old.

Goatface

out on digital now

pretty much locks it in under the 2nd one.
1681789240531.png

1681789621102.png

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
What's theatrical engagements? What ever that is, its lowest of the three.
If I had to guess, I would say number of screens it was on when you add up each week of the run? It probably didn't lose a lot of screens after week 1, but after week 2 there was a new major release every week to crater the number of theaters it was in.

• 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
What's theatrical engagements? What ever that is, its lowest of the three.

Either way the shit flopped. If it happens again to a bigger movie besides Antman, MCU will go to the small screen for awhile like Star Wars.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Either way the shit flopped. If it happens again to a bigger movie besides Antman, MCU will go to the small screen for awhile like Star Wars.
ive seen people talking about low ticket presales for GotG3. i cant imagine that one flops, but the MCU is really hurting. that Marvels film will likely flop too. if GotG 3 is the one that does well. MCU is still in a lot of trouble. they are lucky DC is in a shittier position than they are. they have a chance to bury Marvel, but they cant help themselves they keep hiring assholes who put shit in their movies talking about Batman being a fascist. shit is going down.

• 2Like