Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania (2023)

Xevy

Log Wizard
That actually looked really good. I like that they're probably going to have a bunch of Kang Variants so they can just have different flavors of him. This one is supposed to be Warrior Kang if I recall who was more brutal in his conquering than he was intellectual. Should play well with Scott who's not super super smart, but is the nicest of guys.

Hope he doesn't make the sacrifice play because Paul Rudd is great in literally every single fucking thing he's ever done.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Day one watch for me. But who am I kidding. I see every marvel movie day one imax 3D.

• 2Pathetic
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So there is other shots or Modok and ummmm.. apparently Modok is Yellow jacket/cross from the first film?

Screenshot_2023-01-09-23-18-06-24_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

• 1Like

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
So there is other shots or Modok and ummmm.. apparently Modok is Yellow jacket/cross from the first film?

View attachment 452282
i mean, their explanation for MODOK actually makes WAY more sense for why his head is so big and disproportionate than anything else i've seen him in... i just wonder what will be the reason/explanation of what MODOK stands for...

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
Submitted without sarcasm, but this film could singlehandedly turn it around for this shit phase of Marvel movies. Cannot fucking wait for this.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
The trailer makes no sense, which is great, because it doesn't give away the plot.

What? I know trailers can be misleading but he clearly makes some kind of faustian pact with the Ant-agonist

Last edited:
  • 1Worf
  • 1Like

Zweischneid

Molten Core Raider
Yeah, would seem so.

- Misses his daughter being young / while older daughter has to be bailed from jail.
- "We both lost time, I can help you with that if you help me"
- Michelle Pfeiffer: "Don't trust the dude"
- Showdown: "We had a deal, man, we had a deal!!"
- Marvel 3rd-act punching ensues.

nu_11

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I watch that and Im whelmed. Marvel is played out. Its time for Marvel simps to move out of their mom's basement, this stuff is for kids and women

Only reason I would watch this is to watch Evangeline Lilly shake her ass

• 2Edgelord
  • 1Worf

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
That actually looked really good. I like that they're probably going to have a bunch of Kang Variants so they can just have different flavors of him. This one is supposed to be Warrior Kang if I recall who was more brutal in his conquering than he was intellectual. Should play well with Scott who's not super super smart, but is the nicest of guys.

Hope he doesn't make the sacrifice play because Paul Rudd is great in literally every single fucking thing he's ever done.
At the end of Loki didn't they say that if the timelines re-emerged, and the temporal war happened all over again, that what would be left was the warrior Kang that conquered all the others?

Xevy

Log Wizard
I think this is the start of that "temporal war". This is one of the Kang's trying to get the technology to combat the other Kangs. The Omega Kang will be an Avengers Boss probably in Avengers 6. The One who Remains or whatever basically said he stopped the other Kang's from existing and battling and just pruned them out of existence, but without him they'll just seek more and more multiverses creating more Kang's which will all fight amongst themselves and conquer everything in their way to defeat themselves. This is just one of the variants (think the actor himself said it was a variant and said it was the "warrior" variant). Thinking the Mastermind 1000 IQ one will be the final boss one and will just have assistance from the other baddies he's recruited like Mephisto and Galactus or whoever else we can expect to see soon.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I think this is the start of that "temporal war". This is one of the Kang's trying to get the technology to combat the other Kangs. The Omega Kang will be an Avengers Boss probably in Avengers 6. The One who Remains or whatever basically said he stopped the other Kang's from existing and battling and just pruned them out of existence, but without him they'll just seek more and more multiverses creating more Kang's which will all fight amongst themselves and conquer everything in their way to defeat themselves. This is just one of the variants (think the actor himself said it was a variant and said it was the "warrior" variant). Thinking the Mastermind 1000 IQ one will be the final boss one and will just have assistance from the other baddies he's recruited like Mephisto and Galactus or whoever else we can expect to see soon.

I think Galactus is too big to be a Kang goon. Expecting him to be the next Marvel Big Bad for like Phase 7-9 once they have full X-Men integration going.

Not sure if Kang is the boss in Avengers 5 and 6, or just 5. Heard a lot of rumors about Doctor Doom being the bad guy in 6. Though it's looking more like 2x Kang movies at the moment. Maybe Doom is going to be the Big Bad later rather than rushing him out during the Multiverse Saga. I.e. maybe we're getting Galactus and Doctor Doom in the next trio of phases. Or maybe they're gonna do 12 phases. Why not, I guess.

All I know for sure is that if they knock Quantumania out of the park, I'm back on board. Phase 4 proved how badly they need an overarching villain as a backbone to these phases.

• 3Like

uncognito

Trakanon Raider
I'm still salty that thor 4 was so bad, like everything in the past few years.
But this trailer does make me want to see the movie, it's almost as good as that GoTG3 trailer. but in reality both movies will likely continue the mcu downward trend of shit.

• 2Like

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think Galactus is too big to be a Kang goon. Expecting him to be the next Marvel Big Bad for like Phase 7-9 once they have full X-Men integration going.

Not sure if Kang is the boss in Avengers 5 and 6, or just 5. Heard a lot of rumors about Doctor Doom being the bad guy in 6. Though it's looking more like 2x Kang movies at the moment. Maybe Doom is going to be the Big Bad later rather than rushing him out during the Multiverse Saga. I.e. maybe we're getting Galactus and Doctor Doom in the next trio of phases. Or maybe they're gonna do 12 phases. Why not, I guess.

All I know for sure is that if they knock Quantumania out of the park, I'm back on board. Phase 4 proved how badly they need an overarching villain as a backbone to these phases.

Whenever I hear Galactus now:

GCPBF-New_Herald_of_Galactus-for-Marvel.png

• 6Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Tickets are on sale now. The movie officially comes out February 17th, but you can probably get tickets for the night of the 16th. I picked up Imax 3D, but they're fucking it up. Imax 3D isn't available on the 16th due to Avatar. That said, they have 1 showing on the 17th for Imax 3D, so I picked up a ticket for that.

Did I mention Imax 3D? Because Imax 3D and Imax 3D.

• 1Solidarity

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I don't disagree with you on paper, having an overarching villain to tie things together definitely makes things feel more cohesive, but if the only thing they changed was added an overarching villain, you'd just have a cohesive pile of ass.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider

Thanos was great, but it's not the reason early MCU was good or why current MCU is garbage

• 1Like