Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania (2023)

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
I can't wait for the mixed race/religion/gender Avengers to come together to defeat an army of the most accomplished, intelligent, and successful Black Men ever assembled.

If racial justice were real in Hollywood Kang would win, the allegory for the struggle that Black people face and how the World is united in keeping them down is just too obvious to ignore.

#RacialJusticeNow

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I can't wait for the mixed race/religion/gender Avengers to come together to defeat an army of the most accomplished, intelligent, and successful Black Men ever assembled.

If racial justice were real in Hollywood Kang would win, the allegory for the struggle that Black people face and how the World is united in keeping them down is just too obvious to ignore.

#RacialJusticeNow
But his ancestors are white.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
You keep saying his, but there's no such thing as a woman. What are you, a biologist?
Pepsi Refreshing GIF

• 1Worf

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
Saw this yesterday.

Getting tired of the fully CGI movies. This reminded me of Multiverse of Madness. The backgrounds CGI, the enemies are CGI, its just a bunch of actors jumping around in front of a green screen with motion capture suits.

It didnt feel like an Ant Man movie without his ridiculous friends. That was a big mistake, they should hvae included them for at least one scene at the beginning or end.

Its getting really jarring how every dude who gets in a fight gets beat up, while literally even an untrained teenage girl can go toe to toe with monsters and villains without a single scratch.

Kang was fucking great though. I take back all my many criticisms of him as He Who Remains in Loki.

That credits scene with the chimp noises? I dont understand why but its really chimp noises. its a pretty long scene and the chimp noise plays through most of it, very clearly. Its an (I assume) unintentionally hilarious moment.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
I left out one detail from my rant, and its important enough for its own post.

Imagine youre as hot as Evangeline Lilly and decide its time for the Old Lady Haircut already. That haircut is what post menopausal old ladies get, right around that time they develop that weird Old Lady Smell. You know the one I mean. You can smell when they enter a room, from the other side of the room. Then you see that haircut and think "oh its just grandma". But its not grandma -- its fucking Kate from Lost. LARPing as a grandma for some reason.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm

Imagine youre as hot as Evangeline Lilly and decide its time for the Old Lady Haircut already. That haircut is what post menopausal old ladies get, right around that time they develop that weird Old Lady Smell. You know the one I mean. You can smell when they enter a room, from the other side of the room. Then you see that haircut and think "oh its just grandma". But its not grandma -- its fucking Kate from Lost. LARPing as a grandma for some reason.
Thats what happens you go full retard and make the movie character look exactly like the comic character. Most the time it doesnt translate well lol.

Fadaar

That guy
Thats what happens you go full retard and make the movie character look exactly like the comic character. Most the time it doesnt translate well lol.

which is ironic considering how good Kang looks in his goofy ass purple and green armor

Harshaw

Throbbing Member

Has nothing to do with playing Hope. She shaved her head after Ant-Man and the Wasp. She had short hair for like 2 years before Quantumania filmed.

Cybsled

The short hair makes sense if you're wearing that helmet and suit all the time anyways. Would be much easier to put on.

Zweischneid

Molten Core Raider
Does it? Since all MCU heroes just randomly nano-tech their suits on and off anyhow, it no longer matters.

Full CGI armies in front of full CGI backdrops aside, suits being just 100% CGI these days really felt bad in this one too. Ant-Man suit really was one of my favourites as a physical prop.

• 1Solidarity

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I fell asleep, I don't get all the love for Kang and they ruined Modok

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Yea i just asked someone who saw it fresh out the theater and he said its a sleeper.

He's usually really positive on every new piece of shit movie. So that's saying something.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I save so much money not going to movies anymore. I used to watch every Marvel movie and some others each year. Top Gun Maverick was my last theater experience.

Industry can keep on making trash and I can just keep on waiting for it to just come on a stream service because the quality does not rate the cost for me to watch it in a theater.

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
I save so much money not going to movies anymore. I used to watch every Marvel movie and some others each year. Top Gun Maverick was my last theater experience.

Industry can keep on making trash and I can just keep on waiting for it to just come on a stream service because the quality does not rate the cost for me to watch it in a theater.
same. last was top gun. wont go again till john wick. dont bother with marvel movies when they will be on disney in 45 days. maybe go see mario bros movie.

Sevens

Log Wizard

End Game was my last movie theater experience. Nothing has made me want to get out and deal with the dregs of humanity enough to do so.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>

Na, she is aging super fucking fast. She is doing the Old Lady Haircut because she is getting ready to be an old lady.

• 1Like