Ant Man. July 2015

Agraza

Registered Hutt
I'm only going to see it b/c I like Paul Rudd. He is pure win. Marvel's brand is not strong enough to lure me to the premise of an Ant super.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I hope it bombs, not b/c i hate Marvel, but as a comic fan, that is what this pathetic comic character known as Ant Man deserves. (even tho the movie doesn't look bad)
Yeah fuck that stupid ass founding member of the Avengers.

In fact, fuck Wasp too, who cares that she was also a founding member of the Avengers, lets completely exclude her from a cinematic universe that could really use a super powered woman, as opposed to some chick who was brainwashed as a girl and is really good with pistols.

Column_sl

shitlord
No Marvel movie is going to bomb for awhile. They go off the IP alone. Will it make as much money as the current crop of movies tho? who knows

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Cant get hyped for this, just cant....hopefully its better than it seems.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
I will say, the Avengers references are funny. "Our first move is, we should call the Avengers"--IE the exact thing everybody wonders when they see a stand alone Marvel movie. Taking a jab at the "cute" technology of Stark was also funny.

In any case, as long as they balance the comedy with the drama/action like they did in the Guardians? This will be really good. That will be the key though, keeping the undertones light and comedic, and breaking up the the heavier dramatic aspects with comedy/some self lampooning, while still keep the "bigger picture" more serious/dramatic and non-campy. Rudd should help interspersing those lighter, comedic aspects but unsure of him being able to pull off the serious aspects. That being said, chubby guy from the office did itperfectlyin Guardians and I would not have seen that coming 5 years ago. So I have some faith in Marvel, will see it when it drops with kids. I suspect it's going to be a lot better than expected, but slightly worse that the "premium" crop of films Marvel has (Iron Man 1, Guardians, Avengers, Winter Solider)....More in line with the rest of the movies outside of them, which is to say well worth the money, entertaining but not quite enthralling/exceptional. Then again, I assumed the same about guardians, so might be pleasantly surprised.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Cant get hyped for this, just cant....hopefully its better than it seems.
See, I've gone a little the other way. I was on board from the start because Edgar Wright but even when he bailed I never gave up on it. Was just bummed we'd never see his version. But as we get closer to the release I'm getting more and more hyped for it. Just from trailers I get the impression they've caught that GotG vibe Lithose is talking about. I think Paul Rudd is perfect and I'm looking forward to some day possibly having a movie with Ant Man and Starlord played by Rudd and Pratt having some banter between them.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
See, I've gone a little the other way. I was on board from the start because Edgar Wright but even when he bailed I never gave up on it. Was just bummed we'd never see his version. But as we get closer to the release I'm getting more and more hyped for it. Just from trailers I get the impression they've caught that GotG vibe Lithose is talking about. I think Paul Rudd is perfect and I'm looking forward to some day possibly having a movie with Ant Man and Starlord played by Rudd and Pratt having some banter between them.
This man gets it.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
So meta

I'm sure people deeper in the rabbit hole than I will pick up a dozen clues from that ticker.

Rais

Trakanon Raider
Wow Leslie Bibb aka Christine Everheart looks like her face has changed so much.