Any hope for this painting?

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
View attachment 311142

Well, round 2. This guy has done some work for me before. I want a huge Thor painting this time. I decided the Rocket Groot is too complicated. Below is the hopeful final product, some variation of this. The guy is a legit artist that makes his living painting.

Fingers crossed. Will post updates.

View attachment 311143I

I have concerns.

Look at your screenshot.

I am very confused why the artist sketched that out, and both shifted the focus over, and squashed it as well. Theres going to be giant empty space on the right of the painting, while the hamaxe is cut off. as well as fucked proportions.

Empty space at the top of the image is better then, wasted "chest" space.

thor.jpg

Last edited:
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well the good news is that its really hard to tell how something will look based on early sketches. Just hope and pray lol.

Im taking an online masterclass for painting and this dude is so incredible he will take something that looks like a pile of dog food and 2 hours later its a fucking masterpiece hanging in some gallery. Must be nice to turn a couple hours into 10-30k (the 30k paintings of his prolly take a couple days to be fair lol).
This is what I was referring to:
cb1.jpg

cb2.jpg

Last edited:
  • 7Like
  • 1Wow!
Reactions: 7 users

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
I have concerns.

Look at your screenshot.

I am very confused why the artist sketched that out, and both shifted the focus over, and squashed it as well. Theres going to be giant empty space on the right of the painting, while the hamaxe is cut off. as well as fucked proportions.

Empty space at the top of the image is better then, wasted "chest" space.

View attachment 311716

Bro, god damn it. I think you're absolutely right. Is it shitty if I send this to him?

• 2Like
  • 1Double Worf
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If I was painting any Marvel wall piece I would have done this one. Next to the Cap scene in Endgame with Thor's hammer I think it was my favorite scene from any of the Marvel movies.

/cue Immigrant Song: Dun dun da dun dun......................Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh a aaaaaaaaaaaaaahhh aaaaaah just on continuous loop in the headphones

Hmm. Maybe I'll give it a shot at some point~

xzibs3w735m21.jpg

Last edited:
  • 6Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 7 users

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Bro, god damn it. I think you're absolutely right. Is it shitty if I send this to him?
maybe. discuss the composition. are you paying him to recreate the screenshot, or create an original image based on it?

The screenshot you are starting with has a solid composition from the get go. its.. possible he has a plan for changing it. but I don't see it currently.
he could project the screenshot onto the canvas and trace it if he really wanted. Theres no shame in that. Its an age old technique really.

Another version was to grid the source out. then put grids on the canvas, and just copy grid to grid.

The canvas and Screenshot obviously dont have the same dimensions. so as noted, follow the 3rds. weigh the figure down bottom on the 3rd line, let the axe cut out a bit. and the new extra space up to, should be sky/lightning.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
@Falxy-US this should be changed to "Adventures in purchasing art!"

You're a pro baby.

PRO.

• 9Like
Reactions: 8 users

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
IMG_0920.jpeg

My guy sent an update... He reframed it on his own. Actually reframed it almost exactly like Caliane Caliane said. Honestly I think this looks pretty good. This is literally just one layer of paint. I'm smiling pretty big right now!

• 3Like
  • 1Picard
  • 1Cringe
Reactions: 4 users

Szlia

It's going in the right direction at least. It's still unclear if it will reach destination though, but keep posting updates if the painter keep sending you some !