Any hope for this painting?

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

KDow

Blackwing Lair Raider
Just buy it and print out the appropriate pics to cut out and tape on to match one of Big Ps photoshoops

If you can afford 5k for another painting you owe it to yourself to pay 500 for this masterpiece. Something tells me this work will inspire more lasting joy and conversation than anything else you pay more for at this point.

• 9Like
Reactions: 8 users

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
So, I thought OP was Aychomo. Still might be. But I don't remember Aychomo being this much of a faggot.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Look at Rocket's "mouth", it looks like someone covered Crow from Mystery Science Theater 3000 in fur.

1597944648726.png

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
Just buy it and print out the appropriate pics to cut out and tape on to match one of Big Ps photoshoops
Seriously, buy it or let a forum member buy it. This deserves to live on forever for forum posterity. I will hang it in my barn.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Onoes

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, I read through this whole thing with my wife and we were laughing so hard at one point she pissed a little. She is frugal and was like "Can we just pay the $500 for this?" but the thought of figuring out how to even get it to my house sounds like a nightmare.

Just tell the guy you showed it to a friend, and he really likes it and wants to buy it. Boom, the artist is happy, you're out nothing but the canvas, and the hungry FOH Forum gets fed!

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Oldbased

> Than U
Holy shit thats big
Reminds me of something my parents did 15 years or so again. They had a 7x4 oil painting done of their dead cat. The painting was VERY good and it worked in their home which is almost 6000 sq feet but my mom likes to redecorate every 6 months so after a few years they said they was going to toss it. I said hell no, I'd take it. I bring it home to at the time our little 1100 sq ft home. It took up a whole wall in the biggest room we had. Week 2 we was trying to figure out how to turn it into a projector screen. Week 3 it went to consignment.

Oldbased

> Than U
This thread makes me feel like I'm the only person here that when they see a piece of artwork they like will just grab it off the internet and have it printed professionnally..

And no I'm not printing that piece of crap.

On a side note, if you're willing to fork over several hundred bucks for a mediocre result, I'd recommend instead you paint your own. It will probably look like shit but at least you'll be half proud of it and you'll spend a fraction of that on supplies. And there's always a chance you can improve!
I have a TON of Kinkade stuff where he makes lights look like they have a bulb on or a working fire in the print. Got some other nice numbered ones too of things like bears and wolves. Last few years though the best art for me was $40 shit like the pirate canvas with a led built in for candles or just painted ocean pictures. The whole art thing for me went from abstract/unusual art to just shit I'd love to be doing or places I'd like to be sitting.

• 1Like

Oldbased

> Than U
And last post in this wonderful thread catching up.
I am upset he cut ties so quickly. I was going to suggest you contact him with the latest FoH version and say this is more what you had in mind.
Sure he would have never called you back again but it would have been priceless.
I am like Falxy in some ways. I feel bad when people put material and effort into something and get nothing. I would send $100 and a participation trophy.
Also his last update was going places. I think the backdrop, and even Groot to some extent would have been fine eventually. Rocket is actually looking worse.

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
And last post in this wonderful thread catching up.
I am upset he cut ties so quickly. I was going to suggest you contact him with the latest FoH version and say this is more what you had in mind.
Sure he would have never called you back again but it would have been priceless.
I am like Falxy in some ways. I feel bad when people put material and effort into something and get nothing. I would send $100 and a participation trophy.
Also his last update was going places. I think the backdrop, and even Groot to some extent would have been fine eventually. Rocket is actually looking worse.

I don’t know if I wrote it in this thread yet, but he text me after that last pic and asked if he could keep the canvas, which is worth couple-multiple hundred dollars alone. So I said yes and feel like we are even.

I do feel bad. But I find piece knowing that he has to see the difference between what I wanted and what he was delivering. The canvas he was painting on was a $1500 painting that I commissioned that turned out like shit. Maybe I should have completed this painting for the laughs but I can’t stand to waste any more money when I have other projects I’d rather spend it on!

Groot did look like 2% better but still had like chest muscles instead of bark plates. Rocket is unsalvageable especially after it was pointed out to me how impossible his left arm position is, and how like him and Groot are in multiple planes at same time. The space background does look a little cool.

I think the finished painting would be neat for $100 in a college dorm. But not in my house!

Oldbased

> Than U
I don’t know if I wrote it in this thread yet, but he text me after that last pic and asked if he could keep the canvas, which is worth couple-multiple hundred dollars alone. So I said yes and feel like we are even.

I do feel bad. But I find piece knowing that he has to see the difference between what I wanted and what he was delivering. The canvas he was painting on was a $1500 painting that I commissioned that turned out like shit. Maybe I should have completed this painting for the laughs but I can’t stand to waste any more money when I have other projects I’d rather spend it on!

Groot did look like 2% better but still had like chest muscles instead of bark plates. Rocket is unsalvageable especially after it was pointed out to me how impossible his left arm position is, and how like him and Groot are in multiple planes at same time. The space background does look a little cool.

I think the finished painting would be neat for $100 in a college dorm. But not in my house!
I feel the best art is one that brings conversation.
By all means the Epstein painting of Bill Clinton was terrible, but I'm sure it bought on many laughs and conversations from the girls before they were drugged and rode into sex slavery and eventually tossed out into the bay to feed the sharks.

I miss going to auctions and finding artists and such. These days if I want art I have to go browse the arts and craft section of Walmart and see if I can find anything under $5.56.

• 1Like

Daezuel

Potato del Grande

Let someone else buy it!!!

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
Let someone else buy it!!!

For real, it does sound like there are people here keen to buy. I live in Aust so getting it here would involve some kinda large item postage / courier thing. That's the excuse I'm using.

But Falxy, even if you have closed you dealings with the guy. I figure you could provide some basic details of that guy's contact to a serious buyer here without any risk of doxxing yourself. Then that new party could do a casual seaming inquiry with artist, that then leads into some sort of 'what projects have you done, current work, current projects?" Then he might present the Groot & Rocket masterpiece as a sample which could lead to a chance to buy.

It might work out that way.