Any hope for this painting?

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
he last shitty art I paid for was in high school, this girl drew me and my girlfriend for like $30, framed, and it was terrible.
Found it. I heard it sold for millions.

1605620206412.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Screenshotted>
Jealously is a poor look on you comrade. Wanna be even more jealous? I actually own two pieces of priceless art from renowned russian artists. Ends up russians can do one thing right!

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Just hit Displate if you want random pop culture hangings and do not want to try and muck with an artist.
pretty cool stuff here. Reminds me of SAO.
qxBhUkB.jpg

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gaming Ghost>
Jealously is a poor look on you comrade. Wanna be even more jealous? I actually own two pieces of priceless art from renowned russian artists. Ends up russians can do one thing right!

this bragging is so cringy

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

The_Black_Log Foler

<Screenshotted>
the lamps are cool but nobody believes anything you say, especially since you've stated up front you won't provide any proof of anything.
If I did you'd be able to look up the auction and dox me. I have nothing to prove to you all. So 🤷‍♂️

• 1EyeRoll

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gaming Ghost>
If I did you'd be able to look up the auction and dox me. I have nothing to prove to you all. So 🤷‍♂️
first we would have to identify the piece which none of us can probably do and second, what kind of rich idiot buys things at auctions with his real name?

bruh, youre just troll living in the florida swamps

less Windermere, more like Winter haven

The_Black_Log Foler

<Screenshotted>
first we would have to identify the piece which none of us can probably do and second, what kind of rich idiot buys things at auctions with his real name?

bruh, youre just troll living in the florida swamps

less Windermere, more like Winter haven
I've seen what 4chan can do. I'm not letting you faggots dox me. Keep trying. The salt mine grows!

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
The artist was a dumbass for not having a contract and asking for at least something like 1/3 for time and materials and an agreement on a preset price. That's on him 100%.

This is precisely why I don't really ever do commissions, but its a side hustle that I just happen to be passionate about so I have the leverage as its not paying the bills. I do shit I like, if you like it too, we can figure out a price -- it really is rewarding when someone tells you something you created brings happiness every time they see it. Generally, the passion behind the piece and inspiration doing it leads to a product that has quality far higher than some shitty commission piece that you're not remotely excited doing. Granted, there are some classically trained portrait people out there who make a fortune off commissioned pieces. And if you go all in doing this for a living, you do what you have to do, but I dont blame Falxy especially if thats the level of work that resulted. 2,600$ is a fucking joke for that.

I think Mark Carder, an artist from Austin is one of those insanely successful commission artists who charges from 30-60k+ per piece and done portraits of Pres. Bush etc. But those guys are rare.

What would you think is a fair price for that Thor piece?

Caliane

Nope. I went through an art phase for several years. My pieces are one offs I've bought over time while attending christie's auctions. If I posted them you'd be able to dox me. I also briefly got into tiffany lamps so have a small collection as well. Always weird when people ask me how much one of those lamps cost and I cringe to tell them the amount as it's always more than their house..
Tiffany's foundation mill store is nearby. about 2 miles. go jogging/biking by it all the time.

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Anyone have an estimated cost of materials alone, that the artist is out?
My artist friend estimated minimum cost of $250 USD for the canvas and supplies.

He also told me $1 per square inch is a standard price.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
I actually have a "Tiffany" lamp. Shit is now in the basement gathering dust. The light it threw was bad.

• 1OK, Sure